The Bulldogs best ever forward?

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Darren Britt was a favourite, brilliant offloader. Ogre for pure psychoticness. Brad Morrin chewing on Tahu deserves a mention.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My Best: Dr George
My Fav: Robbo

A bees dick behind at their best in a dead heat; Tunks, Kelly, Kas, Cement, Folkesy, Britt, Langers, Ogre, SBW, (young) Mason, Eastwood, Bobcat Price.

Last edited:

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Folkes
Gillespie
Tunks
Pay
Pritchard
Too many to name

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Robert Relf used to love a punch-on.
Aahhh memories, back when RL was interesting and unpredictable, compared to the sanitised PC crap product they trot out now.

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's hard between Ogre and bobcat for me. Bobcat with one of the most important tackles in our history. But ogre was a hard fucker ill never forget that game he knocked Bryce Gibbs out, FUCKING UNREAL.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's hard between Ogre and bobcat for me. Bobcat with one of the most important tackles in our history. But ogre was a hard fucker ill never forget that game he knocked Bryce Gibbs out, FUCKING UNREAL.
Yeah Bobcat.. just edited mine to include. Thanks.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Andrew Ryan misses out alot on these convos

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Peak James Graham is my favourite a true warrior. Wish he won a premiership with us, would have been awesome to see his reaction.

Chooky4Dogs

Waterboy
Reaction score
Everyone is forgetting Aaron Woods and Nate Miles

Sorry, seriously Steven Price for me.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dropping the ball from the kick off certainly hurt, but when you consider the margin at the end of the game I doubt that Bella cost us the GF.
[/QUOTE]

I was at that game. True the dropped ball was a low point. And the rest of the game was downhill from there.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Geoff Robinson should never be left out of this conversation. He was as tough as any player ever to play the game & was a GREAT ball player. I even saw him put through a kick that we ended up scoring from. He had it all. Anybody who could play 10 seasons of 1st grade putting his body through what he did is amazing & at the toughest times of rugby league history. Another Chester Hill legend.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It is really difficult to pick from different eras when a lot of people on a forum are not old enough to have seen players who played 50 years ago or more. To me the forward who got the Berries as we were then known into an era where we started to be competitive was Kevin Ryan who was our captain coach in the late 60's early 70's. Nicknamed Kandos for good reason. Hard as a rock.

A few years later we had Bobby McCarthy for a couple of years and he showed a young team including the Mortimer and the Hughes brothers how to win. 2 years after he finished we were in the GF and then went on a run of 4 premierships in 8 years

Players of past eras didn't have the superior training methods that are available today. Hence the game was slower then but I dare say that past players had to use passing skills to create space with a 3 yard and then a 5 metre rule in existence.

It is also difficult to pick best ever teams when those judging the thing have only been watching the game for 20 years or less.

A perfect example of this is very few on this forum have seen Les Johns play. Certainly the best and most skill full fullback of my lifetime and in a three way contest with Steve Mortimer and Terry Lamb as the best Bulldog of my lifetime.
The impact of Kevin Ryan and Bob mcCarthyon the club and culture during the 60s and 70s was major. Probably the best player was sbw. Different eras