The Bulldogs Bell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
can we create our own bell and just say that it means something to us, so that next time we make the grand final we can ring it to get the crowd going?

actually dont do a bell thats taken, maybe something else sentimental

how about novelty car air horn? or a musical triangle ffs

http://img.dxcdn.com/productimages/sku_146941_3.jpg

korrmatta1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Symm

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Novelty car horn is genius.

Have a blue & white Skyline (Monaro, Commodore, Sylvia, Evo, WRX - take your pick, kids) drive out in front of the crowd and sound the horn as it does donuts.

Roy & HG once suggested that the Sydney Olympics be opened by Warnie, driving a Holden one-ton ute off a jump, to the sounds of Johnny Farnham, leaning out the window mid-air to flick a Winnie Blue into the Olympic cauldron to light it up.... Now *that* is theater.. We need a Belmore version of that.

Bulldog Bruce

Bring on Rnd 1
Reaction score
How about the Bulldogs Banjo? And get some hillbillies to play it Deliverance style.

We'll score a couple of tries before the opposition even knows what hit them...

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How about we get muscle cars to drive on to the stadium and beep there horns and rev there engines?

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The triangle, put it up for auction to raise funds for the $50k fine. Next grand final James Graham can ring it with Sam Burgess to symbolise the fine we got in our last grand final. Makes similar sense to what happened on Sunday.

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
btw why was souths allowed to ring the bell and get to have their song before the match even starteD??

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
btw why was souths allowed to ring the bell and get to have their song before the match even starteD??
i have no idea but the point is the bell floodgates are now open!

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You kill me Rod lol, i think the car horns would generate a increase in fines for the police.

Waterboy
Reaction score
( The history of the souths bell and the rabbit came from the early days in Sydney (1900's to the 50's) where there was a guy who would go up and down streets once a week, in his horse drawn cart or car w/e, ringing a bell to let residents know the Rabbitoh man was here to sell cheap meat (rabbit) to who ever wanted to buy it.
funny how the club adopted the tradition as their own LOL as this w.ent on everywhere, not just the inner city.
)

Maybe the dogs could adopt the swiss cow bell :p ding-a-ling-a-ling
My fav would be the Vuvuzela - Make it loud

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKCIFXqhLzo

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lebo drums as usual lol

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What about a hunters horn? With a recording of a pack of barking dogs blasting through the stadium speakers.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How about the club buy a million VUVUZELA horns, like they played in South Africa. It will annoy the shit out of the opposition....lol

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I dunno about a bell but that Who let the Dogs out song is abhorrent and embarrassing as at team song. Do we have a traditional song at all? You would think so being 80 years old, I would rather have (Bag)Pipes and Drums call us out to the field.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Guys been having this convo on Twitter with Ken Sutcliffe about the bias promotion and coverage of the GF towards Souths..here it is..

@Ken_Sutcliffe: In all my years covering grand finals,never experianced an atmosphere like last nights.Never seen so many people cry,a gift to the game.

@believe_rebuild: @Ken_Sutcliffe in all my years I've never seen a more bias coverage & promotion of 1 team in a GF..just staggering..

@believe_rebuild: @Ken_Sutcliffe I didn't know the Bulldogs were playing until they ran out..thought it was Souths vs Rabbitohs.. Just woeful

@Ken_Sutcliffe: @believe_rebuild mr 95 per cent your 100 per cent...wrong

@believe_rebuild: @Ken_Sutcliffe The ringing of the Bell?It was promoted as Souths history not League history..top it off they played Glory Glory..Gee Ken

@Ken_Sutcliffe: @believe_rebuild I read the script which said bell ist used when ist game of league in 1908 between Sths and Roosters,FACT,league history.

@believe_rebuild: @Ken_Sutcliffe Fact:Russ would not ring Bell until Souths were in GF..if it was League history it would b rung every GF..Come on Ken your

@believe_rebuild: @Ken_Sutcliffe the Male Model from Mudgee..it was very pro South!

@believe_rebuild: @Ken_Sutcliffe I should say if it was ABOUT league history it'd b rung at gf all the time..which would b great!

@Ken_Sutcliffe: @believe_rebuild i have no idea of what your talking about,

I then wrote we can beg to differ and how Ive like his career..I got no reply and I thought no buggerr him he is wrong..so I deleted that tweet and wrote this..

@believe_rebuild: @Ken_Sutcliffe Crowe said the Bell would only b rung if Souths made the GF.As i said it was about STHs history not league history-we differ

So I say again it was the worst pro one team coverage I've ever seen..imaging it was Souths vs Roosters they'd spend two days of promotion on SBW vs Burgess alone!!!

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Guys been having this convo on Twitter with Ken Sutcliffe about the bias promotion and coverage of the GF towards Souths..here it is..

@Ken_Sutcliffe: In all my years covering grand finals,never experianced an atmosphere like last nights.Never seen so many people cry,a gift to the game.

@believe_rebuild: @Ken_Sutcliffe in all my years I've never seen a more bias coverage & promotion of 1 team in a GF..just staggering..

@believe_rebuild: @Ken_Sutcliffe I didn't know the Bulldogs were playing until they ran out..thought it was Souths vs Rabbitohs.. Just woeful

@Ken_Sutcliffe: @believe_rebuild mr 95 per cent your 100 per cent...wrong

@believe_rebuild: @Ken_Sutcliffe The ringing of the Bell?It was promoted as Souths history not League history..top it off they played Glory Glory..Gee Ken

@Ken_Sutcliffe: @believe_rebuild I read the script which said bell ist used when ist game of league in 1908 between Sths and Roosters,FACT,league history.

@believe_rebuild: @Ken_Sutcliffe Fact:Russ would not ring Bell until Souths were in GF..if it was League history it would b rung every GF..Come on Ken your

@believe_rebuild: @Ken_Sutcliffe the Male Model from Mudgee..it was very pro South!

@believe_rebuild: @Ken_Sutcliffe I should say if it was ABOUT league history it'd b rung at gf all the time..which would b great!

@Ken_Sutcliffe: @believe_rebuild i have no idea of what your talking about,

I then wrote we can beg to differ and how Ive like his career..I got no reply and I thought no buggerr him he is wrong..so I deleted that tweet and wrote this..

@believe_rebuild: @Ken_Sutcliffe Crowe said the Bell would only b rung if Souths made the GF.As i said it was about STHs history not league history-we differ

So I say again it was the worst pro one team coverage I've ever seen..imaging it was Souths vs Roosters they'd spend two days of promotion on SBW vs Burgess alone!!!
I saw him on TV with a red and green tie on the news, is he also a Souths supporter or just a band wagoner?

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I saw him on TV with a red and green tie on the news, is he also a Souths supporter or just a band wagoner?
Sheesh..goes with Mrs Churchill wearing Souths colours..I know Clive Churchill played for em but it's supposed to be professional..should be no hint of bias!

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Got..what I assume..is my last response..

@Ken_Sutcliffe: @believe_rebuild whatever

ha ha!

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Got..what I assume..is my last response..

@Ken_Sutcliffe: @believe_rebuild whatever

ha ha!
my response..
@believe_rebuild: @Ken_Sutcliffe Ha ha..almost as good as talk to the hand!!

Status
Not open for further replies.