The Broncos have landed a $2.2m big fish. Now they’re targeting another FOUR ‘guns’

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Broncos have landed a $2.2m big fish. Now they’re targeting another FOUR ‘guns’
The Broncis are targeting four more players after landing Adam Reynolds.
The Broncis are targeting four more players after landing Adam Reynolds.Source: FOX SPORTS

Staff writers from Fox Sports
May 13th, 2021 10:57 am

The landing of Adam Reynolds could be just the start of a Brisbane Broncos signing spree with Kevin Walters targeting another four key players.
Reynolds informed his South Sydney teammates on Thursday
he would be leaving Redfern at the end of the season to take up a three year deal worth more than $2 million.
It’s massive boost for Kevin Walters who had watched Broncos young guns Tom Dearden and Xavier Coates turn their back on the club to join NRL rivals.

According to Fox League’s James Hooper, there’s a strong chance Reynolds could be joined at Red Hill by at least one of his current teammates.

“They have a number of gun players on the radar,” Hooper told NRL360.

“A couple of his South Sydney teammates in Dane Gagai and Jayden Su’A. Also Kurt Capewell from the Penrith Panthers and Nicho Hynes from the Melbourne Storm.

“I think they will get one of either Gagai or Su’A, just not certain which one yet. There is a suggestion Su’A might want to return home to Brisbane for family reasons.

“They land one of them and a couple of other key signatures and it’s a brand new ball game for Brisbane.”

Paul Kent agreed and said there was one player the Broncos should prioritise above all others.

“The priority for the Broncos should be Nicho Hynes,” Kent said.

“He’s a quality fullback. You get him and suddenly you’ve got a gun seven, a gun fullback and you’re starting to get a bit of strength through the spine

“They’ve got some good outside backs coming through and they’ve already got plenty of strike on the edges. Nicho Hynes needs to be the priority.”

James Hooper then revealed the Broncos had a contingency plan for the fullback position.

“There’s a quiet tip that if they weren’t to get Nicho Hynes that they might go after like a Matt Dufty type player,” Hooper said.

“Or if they were to land Gagai they could switch Herbie Farnworth and play him at fullback.

“There are a lot of moving pieces but you can’t understate how big a signing Reynolds is. Ben Ikin said Reynolds would do more for the club than simply provide much needed leadership and stability in the halves.

“It does a couple of things. It allows the club to get into the market and attract players that would not previously have wanted to come.

“It also buys Kevin Walters some breathing space to start developing the team this year because he was under pressure to start winning.

“Right now in the knowledge that Adam Reynolds is coming next year he can treat this year season as a development year.

“He’s setting up the organisation to build premiership habits in some of those young players, setting them up for when Reynolds arrives.”

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They should be going after Papenhauzen if they have the money, easily become a top four side.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Like i said idgaf what they do more they spend maybe we get a good prop off them, will agree to disagree on Isaaako though i've seen him kill it at FB again in a shit side, though will say i have only watched him play this year.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Lol. Let them sign Gagai on big coin and Su’a on big coin after punting them both previously.

Hynes is another good in the Storm system player for mine.
i like hynes but not sure how he would go outside of storm also

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cant tell me the thoroughbreds are pumping some “extra” $$ to Reynolds