The Consolidated Boxing Thread

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Great fight. The ref was going to end the fight at the end of the 9th. Horn copped alot and was legless. He looked like a fatigued marathon runner in a cross breeze. How he survived the nxt 3 rounds was amazing. Great win.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't follow boxing at all in even the slightest capacity, but I thought Horn was no chance tbh. I hadn't heard of him before this fight was scheduled.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
btw i hate when people bring up punches landed in terms of who won the fight, judges dont score a fight overall they compartmentalise each round

it doesnt mean pac man wasnt robbed but you can land 100 more punches and still lose 7 rounds

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Horn had the living shit beaten out of him for all but 1-2 rounds
He only got beaten up badly in one round, Pac won the fight but it wasn't complete domination, I watched the whole thing, it was a dog fight between both of them.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Typical boxing the dominated fighter loses.
I can't watch boxing anymore so shit.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They had a rematch already scheduled before the first match so it looks like it was the Origin like situation for another big fight.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It has gone to shit.

I thought Pac won, pretty easily tbh. I don't even care who won BUT when you see a judge score a fight 117-111 in favor of the home town fighter you know something is fishy. I could see judges giving it 115-113 that's a close fight (not what I saw but yeah) but 117-111 is straight up CHEATING.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not surprised. Boxing has become a farce . The guy who won the fight actually lost the fight, go figure. Bookies cashed in and so will the promoters who inserted a rematch clause.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
It has gone to shit.

I thought Pac won, pretty easily tbh. I don't even care who won BUT when you see a judge score a fight 117-111 in favor of the home town fighter you know something is fishy. I could see judges giving it 115-113 that's a close fight (not what I saw but yeah) but 117-111 is straight up CHEATING.
Agree bro there is nothing good about boxing anymore maybe the chicks between rounds lol.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Brisbane is going a bit bananas at the moment.

I decided to wander down to my local to watch it. I have seen all sorts of fights in pubs, but this was the biggest crowd i'd ever seen.

Good on Horn. Classic underdog story.

I thought it was to close to call in the end. I saw Horn starting and finishing strong.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
How so ?? PAC dominated 9/12 rounds but losses.
no when you say 'the dominated fighter' it describes the fighter as being dominated

when you say pac dominated that is different

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I had it 7-5 Pac. No way Pac won 9 rounds. Even worse was the judge that gave Pac 3 rounds lol.

JP

Waterboy
Reaction score
I watched the whole fight, close rounds at the beginning edged by Horn, Pac had his chance in the 9th when he had him hurt and a younger Pac would have finished it there and then, but the younger stronger man prevailed and took the next round in the 10th, he was the more aggressive fighter and landed the cleaner shots in the final 2 rounds, it was a bit of a brawl type fight and yes it was close, but Horn won and there should be no debate.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I watched the whole fight, close rounds at the beginning edged by Horn, Pac had his chance in the 9th when he had him hurt and a younger Pac would have finished it there and then, but the younger stronger man prevailed and took the next round in the 10th, he was the more aggressive fighter and landed the cleaner shots in the final 2 rounds, it was a bit of a brawl type fight and yes it was close, but Horn won and there should be no debate.
117-111 ? sounds like there's plenty of room for debate.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
if all the stats point to pacquiao, can they put in appeal?

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
117-111 ? sounds like there's plenty of room for debate.
This. There is no way in Hell Horn got even close to winning that fight 117-111. This says to me one judge had no intention of ever giving the fight to Pac.