Boxing The Boxing Thread

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I personally dont understand how anyone who has seen these guys actually fight recently (not just highlights and reading BS in the paper) thought it was going to go any other way than it did.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I had to laugh at the end of the fight when the announcer went through what titles Tszyu had. It was like the IBO Interim Australasian something-or-other, then a WBO one. it really sounded like some sort of made up participation awards.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I had to laugh at the end of the fight when the announcer went through what titles Tszyu had. It was like the IBO Interim Australasian something-or-other, then a WBO one. it really sounded like some sort of made up participation awards.
You are right. Seems like you get a belt for turning up these days.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
The LGBTWTF belt, the NFI, the ROFL, the SMH and the TLDR........belts that come with a Happy Meal basically.
The commentators frothing up their jocks saying TT is now a global superstar, would be very surprised if he doesn't get beaten to a pulp by the international fighters to be honest.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Horns trainer is so unlikable. Apart from all the headlines about how poor his advice between rounds was, I can't stand listening to the bloke
I find Horn to be insufferable as well. How he carried on about the whole who comes out second thing was cringe.

Then to put up that piss poor effort, the fight was over after 1 round lol. Aussie boxing continues to deliver top quality fights.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
I find Horn to be insufferable as well. How he carried on about the whole who comes out second thing was cringe.

Then to put up that piss poor effort, the fight was over after 1 round lol. Aussie boxing continues to deliver top quality fights.
I think they both carried on like schoolgirls re: the whole 'who comes out last' crap. It was embarrassing. Pretty sure Smokin' Joe Frazier wouldn't of given a flying fuck whether he came out first or second in his day, he was just intent on blasting his opponent to unconsciousness. Boxing really has turned to pus these days, as have a lot of sports.
And Foxtel have the hide to charge $60 for the shit that gets dished up. Did you see the first prelim fight? FMD, bloke looked like he would've been more at home in an ice-cream shop. Credit to him for having the balls to step in there in the first place but wow, it was a disgraceful example of the state of Aussie boxing.
They could of at least got Justin Hodges back in there to get pummelled again, that was mint!

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I think they both carried on like schoolgirls re: the whole 'who comes out last' crap. It was embarrassing. Pretty sure Smokin' Joe Frazier wouldn't of given a flying fuck whether he came out first or second in his day, he was just intent on blasting his opponent to unconsciousness. Boxing really has turned to pus these days, as have a lot of sports.
And Foxtel have the hide to charge $60 for the shit that gets dished up. Did you see the first prelim fight? FMD, bloke looked like he would've been more at home in an ice-cream shop. Credit to him for having the balls to step in there in the first place but wow, it was a disgraceful example of the state of Aussie boxing.
They could of at least got Justin Hodges back in there to get pummelled again, that was mint!

I watched it all for free thanks to a stream. I would never pay $60 for Aussie boxing crap. The undercard had maybe 1 or 2 OK fights, that one you mentioned was just as dumb as you described.

Add on the horrendous "experts" like Paul Kent and Eddie and the announcer saying the main event was Jeff Horn vs Tim Horn, what a piss poor, amateur event.

ps I like Paul Kent as a journo/NRL 360 host, but why is he hosting a boxing event?

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
I watched it all for free thanks to a stream. I would never pay $60 for Aussie boxing crap. The undercard had maybe 1 or 2 OK fights, that one you mentioned was just as dumb as you described.

Add on the horrendous "experts" like Paul Kent and Eddie and the announcer saying the main event was Jeff Horn vs Tim Horn, what a piss poor, amateur event.

ps I like Paul Kent as a journo/NRL 360 host, but why is he hosting a boxing event?
Kent likes to think of himself as 'Mr Boxing' on Fox because he had 1 amateur fight or something similar, it's pretty laughable. Why would they have Eddie on there? Moonface wouldn't knock the suppository outta Wayne Bennett's bunghole.
How about the official weigh-in, did you see that lol. As amateur as it gets, surprised they weren't running a lamington stall in the background.

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Kent likes to think of himself as 'Mr Boxing' on Fox because he had 1 amateur fight or something similar, it's pretty laughable. Why would they have Eddie on there? Moonface wouldn't knock the suppository outta Wayne Bennett's bunghole.
How about the official weigh-in, did you see that lol. As amateur as it gets, surprised they weren't running a lamington stall in the background.

No I missed that.

How can this piss poor event cost the same as massive UFC cards

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
No I missed that.

How can this piss poor event cost the same as massive UFC cards
I know right, it should have just been a free fight night on Fox Sports. I actually watched it at the pub with a few mates, no way I would pay to put that on.

UFC for a stacked card I am happy to put on. Actually, my friends and I usually all chuck in $10 each and that covers UFC PPV, food and drinks.