The Board have undone all the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So tell me - how does Asipeli Fine pay the fine of $15,000 about 10-15% of his annual wage now that he is effectively unemployed?

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They clearly did not know they were getting photographed... they were obtained by the paparazzi committing a crime. The players did NOT commit a crime.
I hear you but the Telegraph will target us just like they have before. We should have been vigilant and learnt from previous experience. At the end of the day, this has hurt us. Its hurt the players and the club. This is whether the general public support us in this or not.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He still gets paid till November 1
But how much? What % of his wage? Has he already received it all or is there a last instalment on this date? After that he is unemployed, how does he feed himself & his family if appplic? If there is a last instalment on 1 Nov & the club takes it in a fine, how does he survive? If he were to go on unemployment benefits, because he would have received the money but it was taken as a fine, Centrelink probably wouldn't give him anything for at least 6 months. Where does that leave him? He could be left in dire straights financially here. It was a rather large fine for someone on a minimum wage contract.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Well consider he doesn't have a club next season (or is off to ESL), he could just tell the Bulldogs to stick the fine up their arse.

The NRL OR Bulldogs are not "authorised officers" and therefore are unable to issue an enforceable fine under the Fines ACT.

They could invoice him, but he could tell them to piss off.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Well consider he doesn't have a club next season (or is off to ESL), he could just tell the Bulldogs to stick the fine up their arse.

The NRL OR Bulldogs are not "authorised officers" and therefore are unable to issue an enforceable fine under the Fines ACT.

I hope he does tell them to piss off.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Fine is still under contract now. If there are any formal contract payments still remaining to him, the club might have to withhold the money. Could be something in NRL-club-player contract arrangements about that.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think Jaycar have acted abominably about all of this. They intended to leave at seasons end anyway.
Why didnt they just leave and say nothing instead of grandstanding on the high moral ground.
I think the Bulldogs are much better off without this company.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I think Jaycar have acted abominably about all of this. They intended to leave at seasons end anyway.
Why didnt they just leave and say nothing instead of grandstanding on the high moral ground.
I think the Bulldogs are much better off without this company.
Well it shows how petty a company they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.