The Board have undone all the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hope they fuck off with their shit cars and their shit logo

Our jerseys sell, another sponsor won't be a problem.
I disagree with getting another sponsor won’t be a problem. Corporates hate bad publicity like this and it’s going to be hard finding a replacement.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I disagree with getting another sponsor won’t be a problem. Corporates hate bad publicity like this and it’s going to be hard finding a replacement.
This will be forgotten by mid next week then it will be back to the crooked refs.

Plus it's not like we struggle for money. Kia will be fucking stupid to leave, especially when we start to improve on the field next year.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This will be forgotten by mid next week then it will be back to the crooked refs.

Plus it's not like we struggle for money.
It won’t be forgotten by sponsers when we ask them for money. It will be one of the first things they ask about.

It doesn’t really matter that we don’t struggle for money we still need the corporate support.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It won’t be forgotten by sponsers when we ask them for money. It will be one of the first things they ask about.

It doesn’t really matter that we don’t struggle for money we still need the corporate support.
Yeah, this is all "maybe" talk. I bet you no sponsor will walk, that gaycar **** wanted some free PR for his shitty store.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, this is all "maybe" talk. I bet you no sponsor will walk, that gaycar **** wanted some free PR for his shitty store.
I hope they don’t walk either. KIA gives us over a million a year you don’t want to lose that. I agree on Jaycar he’s just trying to cash in at the club’s expense he might want to make the most of it because if the ‘dogs aren’t involved he will quickly become irrelevant.

A

Alexander the Great

I hope they don’t walk either. KIA gives us over a million a year you don’t want to lose that. I agree on Jaycar he’s just trying to cash in at the club’s expense he might want to make the most of it because if the ‘dogs aren’t involved he will quickly become irrelevant.
The current board will be able to find replacements in no time. We are a great club.
Surely they have buisness contacts otherwise they would have never thrown themselves into the deep end.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could’ve also been a friend of ray dibshit and looking for a way out

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Could’ve also been a friend of ray dibshit and looking for a way out
He is a Dib lackey plus his contract finishes this season. Scum **** used this to make him look holier-than-thou.

Fuck him and his shitty store.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whats your point? It doesnt mateer that we lost them? Its still an important sponsor that has poured money into our club over the years?
I don't disagree but it wasn't a major sponsor. This will blow over we will be all good for rd 1 next year

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Maybe its time the club embraced being the baddies of the league tag.

Get sponsorship from Nike and base our marketing around being the team for rusted on individuals and the team that doesn"t take crap from nobody..plays it tough but fair, just do it kinda team.

We are never gonna get a fair go so lets be smart and turn it to our advantage...players will want to play for us then for sure :grinning:

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Maybe its time the club embraced being the baddies of the league tag.

Get sponsorship from Nike and base our marketing around being the team for rusted on individuals and the team that doesn"t take crap from nobody..plays it tough but fair, just do it kinda team.

We are never gonna get a fair go so lets be smart and turn it to our advantage...players will want to play for us then for sure :grinning:
Would love to see Winfield or Benson & Hedges as one of our major sponsors

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Whats your point? It doesnt mateer that we lost them? Its still an important sponsor that has poured money into our club over the years?
We got his money, now he and his shitty company can fuck right off.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can we please go back, I'd even go as far as the 80's. Simpler times and people weren't so easily offended and butthurt. These days the world is just going to shit, and fast.
Lol I was going to say 80's , but I was born in early 80's so 1990's fit me better..

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Early in the year I was a heavy in my criticism of the new board and the changing of the guard. I'd use any chance possible to have a go at them.

However towards the end of the season I mellowed and started to realise they were indeed on the right track.

That was... until today.

Our board faced a real challenge on this one:
Be a "Yes Man" and just cop it up the arse; or
Stand behind our players and fanbase as one, united in disagreeance.

They chose the former, and the repercussions will be great.

We are currently trying to recruit players, but what player is going to remotely consider moving to a club that clearly does not support it's players.

Moreso, what player is going to sign with a club, when they aware the club will constantly scrutinise their partying outside of work?

What message does this send to the existing playing group, who have busted their arses, and nursed the bruises, whilst a bunch of suits sit on their arses and reap the benefits.

It would not at all suprise me if such an approach puts players offside with the club, and considering walking out, and I for one, would not blame them.

A board is meant to defend it's club and it's players. It's meant to stand proud in the face of adversity, not roll over and take it.

I am absolutely disgusted with the boards approach to this incident. They have effectively punished the players for having a bit of fun and relaxing after a tough season (partly which they contributed to by disturbing the players midseason to release some).

This will only furthur fracture the playing group. Remember Adam Elliott is meant to be one of the leadership group. He's very close with Tolman and Jackson and Klemmer. How are Tolman, Jackson, Klemmer, and every other player going to feel knowing they are now playing for a board who do not give a single fuck about them.

We have all seen the players tank in previous years as a sign they were unhappy with that coach.
We have all seen the fans revolt against the board and vote them out based on performance.

With only a year odd left before voters go back to decide if the current board stay, this could be absolute suicide on the boards part, and a defining moment in if they get reelected.

Put simply it's this.

If the board can't support the players, then why should the fans support the club/board.

As it stands I am absolutely disgusted in all this. The board had their chance to harden the fuck up, and they have let every single fan and player down in the process.

Spineless, pathetic, ridiculous.

I am sure there will be more collateral damage from their approach.
Welcome to the world of Political correctness, Sponsorship, TV control and worst of all Betting !
What was Rugby League now is called National Rorts League :rage:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Can we please go back, I'd even go as far as the 80's. Simpler times and people weren't so easily offended and butthurt. These days the world is just going to shit, and fast.
Nah the 80s were fucked. Gay bashings, entrenched prejudice and shit haircuts. Fuck that noise.

Seriously, I’m glad we’ve moved forward in a lot of ways, but disillusioned because there will always be people who are too militant and take progressive ideals so far they stifle independent thought and freedom and create environments of super intense criticism and scrutiny. We can’t seem to just progress as a species, we have to find new ways to regress at the same time. All part of the human condition, unfortunately.

Besides, with the exception of G’n’R, hair metal really fucking sucked.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
who gives a fuck about Jaycar. Bing Lee dropped us at the start of 2004 and we won the comp. Never bought anything there and never will, and the same with Jaycar. Everyone knows the whole things a beat up but political correctness got us in the pocket. I'm so glad the minority are happy again.

Status
Not open for further replies.