The Board have undone all the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Blaming individuals is wrong and just like when Garry Hughes got the chop and Turvey fell on his sword, there is a price to pay for that.

There was apparently a (spoken or unspoken) rule broken by the players by leaving the closed off area and going onto the balcony. Does anyone know how long they were on the balcony? Were they told to pull their head in and get dressed and get back into the secure area. How long after Sweet Caroline did they finish up for the night.

There is so much detail to assess and factors outside anybody's control probably, to enable the Board to apportion blame on any one or two persons for what happened over the whole day/night. Players, staff, security would have been coming and going for several hours. Pay was there but for how long, Football Manager there etc etc etc.

The club will sort it but be fair. Don't go calling for heads to roll until the full story is known to our Admin.
The talkin sport guys said the whole thing lasted 60-90 seconds before a club official pulled them in line.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When this story broke the first thing that came to my mind was how fuckin dumb our club was. The 'fact' is that this isn't the first time the media has flogged us mad Monday. How did this happen? If I got pissed at a Xmas function and rooted the photocopier, I wouldn't expect my boss to stick up for me next working day as the OP suggests. Yes the media are scum but Elliot and co. were the ones photographed naked. Then there's the throwing up and past out in public photographs, how else was this going to play out. I don't care if the players got pissed and stood side by side doing the Carnie, just don't get photographed doing it.

Last edited:

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Early in the year I was a heavy in my criticism of the new board and the changing of the guard. I'd use any chance possible to have a go at them.

However towards the end of the season I mellowed and started to realise they were indeed on the right track.

That was... until today.

Our board faced a real challenge on this one:
Be a "Yes Man" and just cop it up the arse; or
Stand behind our players and fanbase as one, united in disagreeance.

They chose the former, and the repercussions will be great.

We are currently trying to recruit players, but what player is going to remotely consider moving to a club that clearly does not support it's players.

Moreso, what player is going to sign with a club, when they aware the club will constantly scrutinise their partying outside of work?

What message does this send to the existing playing group, who have busted their arses, and nursed the bruises, whilst a bunch of suits sit on their arses and reap the benefits.

It would not at all suprise me if such an approach puts players offside with the club, and considering walking out, and I for one, would not blame them.

A board is meant to defend it's club and it's players. It's meant to stand proud in the face of adversity, not roll over and take it.

I am absolutely disgusted with the boards approach to this incident. They have effectively punished the players for having a bit of fun and relaxing after a tough season (partly which they contributed to by disturbing the players midseason to release some).

This will only furthur fracture the playing group. Remember Adam Elliott is meant to be one of the leadership group. He's very close with Tolman and Jackson and Klemmer. How are Tolman, Jackson, Klemmer, and every other player going to feel knowing they are now playing for a board who do not give a single fuck about them.

We have all seen the players tank in previous years as a sign they were unhappy with that coach.
We have all seen the fans revolt against the board and vote them out based on performance.

With only a year odd left before voters go back to decide if the current board stay, this could be absolute suicide on the boards part, and a defining moment in if they get reelected.

Put simply it's this.

If the board can't support the players, then why should the fans support the club/board.

As it stands I am absolutely disgusted in all this. The board had their chance to harden the fuck up, and they have let every single fan and player down in the process.

Spineless, pathetic, ridiculous.

I am sure there will be more collateral damage from their approach.
Well Todd Greenberg should be sacked, they should be investigating roosters and Rabbitohs for there salary cap, because I seriously don’t understand how they have all these players.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I'm just disappointed... they should have defended the players. If I was a player I'd feel totally let down by the club on this one.... and heck poor Adam Elliott must be in a fucked headspace at the moment.

Everyone seems to forget there's a blokes livelyhood impacted by all this.
What s there to defend?? Bad behaviour? Please. Give it a break.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
People who think that the board could have done better in this situation are delusional...

If I acted like this at my Christmas party I would dismissed on the spot..

Have I seen this sort of behaviour in my personal life and laughed ..yes, hell yes

Do I think everything is over thr top .. hell yes again..

However everyone refers the game as a ''business" these days... So with a business comes protocol and values..

Unfortunately we live in Australia in the year 2018 not 1990... Would I prefer 1990.. fuck yes.. but it just isn't 1990 so learn to deal with 2018..

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
People who think that the board could have done better in this situation are delusional...

Have I seen this sort of behaviour in my personal life and laughed ..yes, hell yes

However everyone refers the game as a ''business" these days... So with a business comes protocol and values..

Unfortunately we live in Australia in the year 2018 not 1990... Would I prefer 1990.. fuck yes.. but it just isn't 1990 so learn to deal with 2018..
Can we please go back, I'd even go as far as the 80's. Simpler times and people weren't so easily offended and butthurt. These days the world is just going to shit, and fast.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Spot on! He was putting out a massive media fire storm. I'll be honest I wanted him to rip into the media and stick up for the players before he spoke as well but luckily he has a much cooler head then me and handled it well.
You're on a hiding to nothing if you attack the media. They hold all the aces, and will twist your every word to make you look like a nasty low life. One of the reasons they continually attack us is because they were proved so wrong over the Coffs Harbour reports they did. They were made to look impulsive, and quick to jump to the wrong conclusion. They don't like that, so will look for reasons to say _ "Look! See! They are the ferals we told you about!"

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Exactly as they said. We have now been fined $250k and also lost our major sponsor. Why the fuck should the board be backing our players. They should more likely be sacked!

Janice

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Exactly as they said. We have now been fined $250k and also lost our major sponsor. Why the fuck should the board be backing our players. They should more likely be sacked!
I had lunch with a former board member on Wednesday, and they said if the old board was still there the players involved would have had their contracts torn up. Don’t shoot me I’m only the messenger.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wasnt major sponsor

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I had lunch with a former board member on Wednesday, and they said if the old board was still there the players involved would have had their contracts torn up. Don’t shoot me I’m only the messenger.
All due respect, that former board member is full of shit, if Des wanted their contracts torn up then it would of been his decision, the old board were weak as piss.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
When this story broke the first thing that came to my mind was how fuckin dumb our club was. The 'fact' is that this isn't the first time the media has flogged us mad Monday. How did this happen? If I got pissed at a Xmas function and rooted the photocopier, I wouldn't expect my boss to stick up for me next working day as the OP suggests. Yes the media are scum but Elliot and co. were the ones photographed naked. Then there's the throwing up and past out in public photographs, how else was this going to play out. I don't care if the players got pissed and stood side by side doing the Carnie, just don't get photographed doing it.
They clearly did not know they were getting photographed... they were obtained by the paparazzi committing a crime. The players did NOT commit a crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.