The Board have undone all the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Early in the year I was a heavy in my criticism of the new board and the changing of the guard. I'd use any chance possible to have a go at them.

However towards the end of the season I mellowed and started to realise they were indeed on the right track.

That was... until today.

Our board faced a real challenge on this one:
Be a "Yes Man" and just cop it up the arse; or
Stand behind our players and fanbase as one, united in disagreeance.

They chose the former, and the repercussions will be great.

We are currently trying to recruit players, but what player is going to remotely consider moving to a club that clearly does not support it's players.

Moreso, what player is going to sign with a club, when they aware the club will constantly scrutinise their partying outside of work?

What message does this send to the existing playing group, who have busted their arses, and nursed the bruises, whilst a bunch of suits sit on their arses and reap the benefits.

It would not at all suprise me if such an approach puts players offside with the club, and considering walking out, and I for one, would not blame them.

A board is meant to defend it's club and it's players. It's meant to stand proud in the face of adversity, not roll over and take it.

I am absolutely disgusted with the boards approach to this incident. They have effectively punished the players for having a bit of fun and relaxing after a tough season (partly which they contributed to by disturbing the players midseason to release some).

This will only furthur fracture the playing group. Remember Adam Elliott is meant to be one of the leadership group. He's very close with Tolman and Jackson and Klemmer. How are Tolman, Jackson, Klemmer, and every other player going to feel knowing they are now playing for a board who do not give a single fuck about them.

We have all seen the players tank in previous years as a sign they were unhappy with that coach.
We have all seen the fans revolt against the board and vote them out based on performance.

With only a year odd left before voters go back to decide if the current board stay, this could be absolute suicide on the boards part, and a defining moment in if they get reelected.

Put simply it's this.

If the board can't support the players, then why should the fans support the club/board.

As it stands I am absolutely disgusted in all this. The board had their chance to harden the fuck up, and they have let every single fan and player down in the process.

Spineless, pathetic, ridiculous.

I am sure there will be more collateral damage from their approach.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't know of I'd go that far but as I said in the other thread, I'm extremely disappointed and frustrated the NRL was allowed to get away with murder.

The size of the fine was absurd and had no basis. If appealed through the courts we surely would have won or had it severely reduced.

Bullfrog would have fought this tooth and nail and won. I'm sick of having NRL yes men and lackies working for us who do whatever they say.

Yet other clubs like the Roosters and Sharks and co have way more off field indiscretions with players and blatantly flout the cap yet nothing is done. Cronulla get caught cheating the cap and doping players systematically and nothing is done. And even then Cronulla come out on the front foot and attack the NRL! Where is our backbone and why don't we ever appeal or question anything?

The way the club have laid down makes me more ashamed to support this club than the supposed indiscretion itself.

The NRL are the real criminals in this instance and they see our club as a licence to print money while the other 15 clubs can do what they want with no scrutiny, no fines and no punishment.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is so over the top it’s not funny! At the end of the day the players are to blame if they kept their clothes on and didn’t get paralytic the papers have nothing to take a photo of. Yes the fine doesn’t fit the crime and they haven’t accepted that yet.

Last edited:

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Tbh i don't really know what else the board could have done, the media and the nrl have blown this way out of proportion but the board has gotta think about the sponsorship dollars etc, they really are stuck between a rock and a hard place with this one. No matter what reply they come out with, it would have upset someone.

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sponsorship deals. The great unwashed's sentiment. TV exposure.

Money and typical corporate bullshit.

Don't kid yourself, as much as I absolutely disagree with the decision this was only going to go one way for the club.

The bulldogs being the 'bad guys' has been the biggest selling point for the absolute garbage fire tabloids who call themselves "journalists" for a number of years. I would love for the club now to deny any media outlets that had ANYTHING to do with throwing the club under the bus any access to the dogs for a number of years, won't happen, but we can dream.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Sponsorship deals. The great unwashed's sentiment. TV exposure.

Money.

Don't kid yourself, as much as I absolutely disagree with the decision this was only going to go one way for the club.

I would love for the club now to deny any media outlets that had ANYTHING to do with throwing the club under the bus any access to the dogs for a number of years, won't happen, but we can dream.
There is no harm in seeking legal advice and see where we stand. Especially when nearly everyone, apart from melting snowflakes, are on our side.

Expedite

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I have been on the cusp of walking away from league for a year or two. The lack of spine shown by the board and the bias and pathetic attitude of the NRL has pretty much just confirmed that I am done with the game.

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets also remember they have 5 days to respond to the breach notice.
Also what they say externally to media and what is said in house could be 2 different stories. Lets not be to quick to get the pitch forks out at the club and board, take a minute to remember the real enemy

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Lets also remember they have 5 days to respond to the breach notice.
Also what they say externally to media and what is said in house could be 2 different stories. Lets not be to quick to get the pitch forks out at the club and board, take a minute to remember the real enemy
Beat me to it. Let's see what they do within 5 days. But, let's be honest, they will just bend over and take it. They will be too scared they might offend some group of fuckwits by defending our players.

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Strong words but fuck I understand where your coming from. I love this game and the dogs too much to walk away but at the end of every year, the NRL chip away at my desire to stay. We are the NRL whipping boys. Fucking sick of it.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Beat me to it. Let's see what they do within 5 days. But, let's be honest, they will just bend over and take it.
I'm sure as fans we would all love to see the board put on their fighting gloves and come out swinging but honestly it is a battle that can't be won. Murdoch's reach is just too far in this country, his pathetic tabloid outlets (i can't in good conscious call them news outlets) whip a storm and gets everyone talking about a subject, doesn't matter if peeps agree or not, that are talking about it, they are clicking on his many websites and tabloid outlets on tv and that creates this huge ripple effect where the other media outlets have to join in or miss out on the traffic/views. It is a viscous circle that is difficult to break, if the board fights it than the Murdoch rubbish shit runs another 3 day campaign of front page tabloids against the board for fighting it, the same circle of destruction begins again.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'm sure as fans we would all love to see the board put on their fighting gloves and come out swinging but honestly it is a battle that can't be won. Murdoch's reach is just too far in this country, his pathetic tabloid outlets (i can't in good conscious call them news outlets) whip a storm and gets everyone talking about a subject, doesn't matter if peeps agree or not, that are talking about it, they are clicking on his many websites and tabloid outlets on tv and that creates this huge ripple effect where the other media outlets have to join in or miss out on the traffic/views. It is a viscous circle that is difficult to break, if the board fights it than the Murdoch rubbish shit runs another 3 day campaign of front page tabloids against the board for fighting it and the same circle of destruction begins again.
Sad but true bro.

I just hope the legal eagles can find a way to fuck up the photographer at least.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re seeking legal action behind the scenes.

Then again, I wouldn’t be surprised if they accept the fine either.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know that many kennelers believe that some of the media hate our club to the extent that just want to exaggerate any bad publicity against our club, the fact that last year at a fan forum the CEO said that a news paper executive told he that if his paper printed any adverse news about our club it would sell an extra 30K -40K extra copies proves this fact.
I have been aware of the hatred of our club since the SL days, and this fact has been an obsession of mine since then.
The previous Board bent over backwards to make our club look good, and made many panic decisions as a result but it didn't stop the hate, therefore they deserved to be booted out.
I just hope that Lyn and the others wake up to the fact that some in the media and others just want to weaken our club and force it to relocate or worse go the way of the Bears and Jets, making panic decisions wont help our club.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It’s a little early to condemn the board. Let’s just see how they handle this.

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
all talk thats why we ended up celebrating finishing 3rd last, im sure kia dont mind

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The NRL want to expand and want one less Sydney team. No chance the dogs will be that team despite these petty efforts from the incompetent bunch in charge

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Early in the year I was a heavy in my criticism of the new board and the changing of the guard. I'd use any chance possible to have a go at them.

However towards the end of the season I mellowed and started to realise they were indeed on the right track.

That was... until today.

Our board faced a real challenge on this one:
Be a "Yes Man" and just cop it up the arse; or
Stand behind our players and fanbase as one, united in disagreeance.

They chose the former, and the repercussions will be great.

We are currently trying to recruit players, but what player is going to remotely consider moving to a club that clearly does not support it's players.

Moreso, what player is going to sign with a club, when they aware the club will constantly scrutinise their partying outside of work?

What message does this send to the existing playing group, who have busted their arses, and nursed the bruises, whilst a bunch of suits sit on their arses and reap the benefits.

It would not at all suprise me if such an approach puts players offside with the club, and considering walking out, and I for one, would not blame them.

A board is meant to defend it's club and it's players. It's meant to stand proud in the face of adversity, not roll over and take it.

I am absolutely disgusted with the boards approach to this incident. They have effectively punished the players for having a bit of fun and relaxing after a tough season (partly which they contributed to by disturbing the players midseason to release some).

This will only furthur fracture the playing group. Remember Adam Elliott is meant to be one of the leadership group. He's very close with Tolman and Jackson and Klemmer. How are Tolman, Jackson, Klemmer, and every other player going to feel knowing they are now playing for a board who do not give a single fuck about them.

We have all seen the players tank in previous years as a sign they were unhappy with that coach.
We have all seen the fans revolt against the board and vote them out based on performance.

With only a year odd left before voters go back to decide if the current board stay, this could be absolute suicide on the boards part, and a defining moment in if they get reelected.

Put simply it's this.

If the board can't support the players, then why should the fans support the club/board.

As it stands I am absolutely disgusted in all this. The board had their chance to harden the fuck up, and they have let every single fan and player down in the process.

Spineless, pathetic, ridiculous.

I am sure there will be more collateral damage from their approach.
I don't disagree with a lot of your stuff,but really very hard to defend the indefensible,that was just stupid,but I thought the Fifita and dougan,podcast was worse and no fine,to either the club or individuals involved,it's obvious the nrl don't like us,maybe we should join the NSWRL,and fuck the nrl

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nrl should change its logo to thisIMG_1746.JPG
It's basically a nazi organisation, where no one is allowed to stand up the the "man"
It's a dictatorship who is untouchable, one whom is not held responsible for poor decision making, bad judgement and treating its employees ( the clubs) like slaves
"Do as I say not as I do"

Status
Not open for further replies.