The Blue and White Aggressor

Status
Not open for further replies.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Now that the season is over I thought I'd put some thoughts down other than who we will,should,shouldn't and won't sign and get peoples thoughts..

I have a dream.

We all know the Bulldogs have a Premier Coach at the helm in Des Hasler, his record speaks for itself and in one of the biggest coups of recent times his signing from Manly was a masterstroke.

In the wings however is the Blue and White aggressor that is Jim Dymock.

Dymock is as honest as the day is long and his contributions to the Club have been part of the fabric which makes the Club what it is today. The players love him and he genuinely puts the Club and the team first. A great quality the Bulldogs have prided themselves on over their rich history.

As a player he excelled immediately with 2 tries on debut. His vision and understanding of the game from his preferred position of lock saw him represent both State and Country and his aggression was the epitome of great Bulldog teams.Perhaps the most appropriate and amusing exchange came about in a game whereby after being told by referee Blane that he was the aggressor in an onfield situation Dymock replied with "Of course I was..." "I fuking smashed him". That's the Bulldog spirit.

After his playing days were finished he has worked with Stuart and Hasler in the Coaching Depaertment as well as a short stint as Head Coach of the Dogs and time in the NSW Origin Camp. His creation of the term "Cattledog" in SOO some time ago and his instructions for Gallen to stand up to Nate Myles in the most recent SOO series proves that his ability to aim up and get tough is one of his redeeming characteristics when it comes to Dogs Of War mentality.

For a man who understands that playing entertaining footy is paramount to the Club he tempers that with knowing exactly, from his playing days when to play footy and when to grind games out through aggression and toughness.

Des Hasler is doing a great job of building a team with structure and potency but in the wings is the Tongan Saviour - ready to no doubt step into the role of head coach again and take the Blue and White Army for the ride of their lives in years to come. I believe we are in good hands and look forward to one day seeing him take the reins.

People may ask the point of this thread? There is none, other than to provide one persons perspective on where our future will hopefully arrive.

I can't wait for the day we are coached by Dymock as I think that's where our true destiny lies.

delete or discuss at will :bulldogs1

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The problem you'll get with Jimmy is the same problem you got with Nathan Brown in his first year of coaching at the Dragons. Dymock is too nice and the players love him as the nice, funny, friendly coach.

This is great and all until the players start slacking off and performance drops. That's when you need someone like Des who's willing to rip a door off its hinges to show that he's angry.

Don't get me wrong, I think Dymock will be a great coach, I just don't think he will be a great first grade coach at the Dogs.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Establishing the new standard of world class coaching thanks to Des is important.
However, re-installing the heart via Dymock seems the logical next phase.

How much involvement does Dymock have with firing up the boys and getting them passionate about the Club? I hope something can be done to get him more involved in the individual and team attitude to the game and the hunger to win!

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem you'll get with Jimmy is the same problem you got with Nathan Brown in his first year of coaching at the Dragons. Dymock is too nice and the players love him as the nice, funny, friendly coach.

This is great and all until the players start slacking off and performance drops. That's when you need someone like Des who's willing to rip a door off its hinges to show that he's angry.

Don't get me wrong, I think Dymock will be a great coach, I just don't think he will be a great first grade coach at the Dogs.
I disagree, wasn't jimmy the one who dropped Morris to NSW cup because he was playing poor? Not many coaches would make a tough decision like that especially towards the end of a poor season when you would usually be hoping for some positives out of your team

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He was playing at parra when he told the ref he faking smashed him

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
He was playing at parra when he told the ref he faking smashed him
yeah but he's a Bulldog he's with us and itremains the same imo - he's got the mentality

I think he's been round enough to not fall into the trap of just being everyones mate, especially considering it will be a while still if it ever happens. But when it does..

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
The thing is how long will Des stay and will Jim stick around long enough for his shot at the dogs or go somewhere else? I don't know the answer to this but some here may do? I would also be interested in knowing with all the coaching jobs going these days does he put in his resume or is he geuniunely happy and waiting his turn at the doggies?

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The thing is how long will Des stay and will Jim stick around long enough for his shot at the dogs or go somewhere else? I don't know the answer to this but some here may do? I would also be interested in knowing with all the coaching jobs going these days does he put in his resume or is he geuniunely happy and waiting his turn at the doggies?
I'd say if the club has guaranteed him the job after hasler finishes whenever that may be then I'd think he'll stick around

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dymock and Lamb at the helm... Love Hasler and cant deny his got a great footy mind but he aint a Doggie through and through.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dymock and Lamb at the helm... Love Hasler and cant deny his got a great footy mind but he aint a Doggie through and through.
Well dymock walked away from the dogs at one stage remember, coaches don't need to have the history of a club to get results, look at last year in des' first year at the club

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well dymock walked away from the dogs at one stage remember, coaches don't need to have the history of a club to get results, look at last year in des' first year at the club
I agree... Not dissing Des at all as he is one of a kind and a professional but u cant deny having two born and bred dogs legends at the helm wil supply some of that culture we didnt have this yr.

Jimmy did leave but that was during the Super league war and due to some problems with the board at the time. He couldnt wait to come back.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree... Not dissing Des at all as he is one of a kind and a professional but u cant deny having two born and bred dogs legends at the helm wil supply some of that culture we didnt have this yr.

Jimmy did leave but that was during the Super league war and due to some problems with the board at the time. He couldnt wait to come back.
I think des should be at the helm a few more years before handing over the reigns to dymock and then I hope des stays with the club in some capacity maybe coaching director and as much of a legend terry lamb is and the passion he has for the club, I don't think he is suited to coaching

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Definitely on the same page... Jimmy is only 2 yrs into his 4 yr apprenticeship and Des is still building. I was merely talking about how it will be once they take over. It will buldogs everywhere then and it will bring back the culture.

And ur right Terry lamb isnt a full time coach he tried and failed at the tigers miserably but having him somewhere in the coaching ranks is a must.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Now that the season is over I thought I'd put some thoughts down other than who we will,should,shouldn't and won't sign and get peoples thoughts..

I have a dream.

We all know the Bulldogs have a Premier Coach at the helm in Des Hasler, his record speaks for itself and in one of the biggest coups of recent times his signing from Manly was a masterstroke.

In the wings however is the Blue and White aggressor that is Jim Dymock.

Dymock is as honest as the day is long and his contributions to the Club have been part of the fabric which makes the Club what it is today. The players love him and he genuinely puts the Club and the team first. A great quality the Bulldogs have prided themselves on over their rich history.

As a player he excelled immediately with 2 tries on debut. His vision and understanding of the game from his preferred position of lock saw him represent both State and Country and his aggression was the epitome of great Bulldog teams.Perhaps the most appropriate and amusing exchange came about in a game whereby after being told by referee Blane that he was the aggressor in an onfield situation Dymock replied with "Of course I was..." "I fuking smashed him". That's the Bulldog spirit.

After his playing days were finished he has worked with Stuart and Hasler in the Coaching Depaertment as well as a short stint as Head Coach of the Dogs and time in the NSW Origin Camp. His creation of the term "Cattledog" in SOO some time ago and his instructions for Gallen to stand up to Nate Myles in the most recent SOO series proves that his ability to aim up and get tough is one of his redeeming characteristics when it comes to Dogs Of War mentality.

For a man who understands that playing entertaining footy is paramount to the Club he tempers that with knowing exactly, from his playing days when to play footy and when to grind games out through aggression and toughness.

Des Hasler is doing a great job of building a team with structure and potency but in the wings is the Tongan Saviour - ready to no doubt step into the role of head coach again and take the Blue and White Army for the ride of their lives in years to come. I believe we are in good hands and look forward to one day seeing him take the reins.

People may ask the point of this thread? There is none, other than to provide one persons perspective on where our future will hopefully arrive.

I can't wait for the day we are coached by Dymock as I think that's where our true destiny lies.

delete or discuss at will :bulldogs1
Jimmy is that you?
I dont think you are a better coach than Hasler at this stage. Please try again later

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

I don't think that'll happen in jimmy's case. Browns problem was he was coaching players he played with, so they didn't respect his authority. Our boys will only have known jimmy as a authority figure, so would treat him accordingly.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jimmy is that you?
I dont think you are a better coach than Hasler at this stage. Please try again later
He never said he was, just that the future is in good hands if des was to hand the reigns over once his tenure as head coach comes to an end

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
He never said he was, just that the future is in good hands if des was to hand the reigns over once his tenure as head coach comes to an end
Exactly. I think people misinterpret threads sometimes, and then pass it off as trolling when they are proven wrong.

I think you are correct re Dymock, although I believe he still has some work to do. Not in terms of football/tactical knowledge, but being a genuine leader/motivator, and someone the guys will kill to win for. I don't think he's there yet.

He is under great guidance from Hasler at the moment, so as with you, I look forward to the future.

CB1935

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As a coach, you don't need to "bleed" anything other than "bleeding" discipline, professionalism, and attention-to-detail. Do the basics right, play smart, and play with professionalism and respect for the ball and the opposition.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
yeah agreed I guess I think it's just a bonus that he loves the club considering our history promoting from within the family.

I also don't think it's his time right now just saying for the future we should sign him as head coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.