Votes: 25 35.2%

• Total voters

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
IMHO - the number one issue is lack of Discipline

There are a myriad of reasons going back to Hasler/ Castle/ Cleal - compounded by Andersons etc - that have created a club needs to re establish discipline - whether it is recruitment, moving players on, coaching, training, preparing or playing the individuals in the club need discipline. Make hard decisions make hard runs make tell uncomfortable truths.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
IMHO - the number one issue is lack of Discipline

There are a myriad of reasons going back to Hasler/ Castle/ Cleal - compounded by Andersons etc - that have created a club needs to re establish discipline - whether it is recruitment, moving players on, coaching, training, preparing or playing the individuals in the club need discipline. Make hard decisions make hard runs make tell uncomfortable truths.
^^^^ This.

Good issue to raise and explains in one word where it's all gone wrong.

Every single issue comes back to that virtue - discipline.

Front office
Admin
Directors
Coach
Coaching Assistants and staff
Players

Gonna take a fair while longer to achieve it but hard decisions, with discipline, to withstand the setbacks, need to be made.

This club, if Gus is true to his word, is in for one hell of a shake up to turn it around and succeed.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Need to re direct the energy from whats wrong, errors, mistakes etc to doing what improves or fixes things - emphasise falling on the dropped ball not that the ball is dropped, not who has shown they cant do the job but who might be able to do a better job, Continually re describing the problems needs to be replaced by describing solutions.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A big problem is our defence. They are not strong enough to wrestle. I dont know why they persist in it. If they insist then we got to get better at it..............get mario milano or brute bernard to coach them.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s a never ending trail of issues. Started with a pathetic board, this then influence on field performance due to overpaying players and jamming the salary cap. That inadvertently leads to years of having a poor lineup and finishing low on the ladder. Coaching also becomes into perspective inparticulary our fitness and our will to win games is merely non existent. Then when you dig deeper years of loosing creates an uncomfortable and tense environment at the club (loosing mentality) .

Gus approach of a clean out top to bottom and nurturing the youth is what we need. We need proven winners, Shane Flanaganns shits on pay and barret and in relation to the playing lineup winners and game changers is what we need like addo car.

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Terrible recruitment - prioritised the wrong positions. Had to get our spine set with gun players and then build the team around them. Rather, we just recruited haphazardly in the wrong positions.

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Terrible recruitment - prioritised the wrong positions. Had to get our spine set with gun players and then build the team around them. Rather, we just recruited haphazardly in the wrong positions.
The two Hail Mary recruits of Flanagan and Allen were massive misses unfortunately I had hope for Allen but just didn’t bring anything to the table. I almost want to see Flanagan at number 9 for the rest of the year I just don’t want to see top 5 names again

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it’s our discipline. Penalties and set restarts kill us every week. Blokes like Schoupp, TPJ , Jacko, JMK, Thommo and Waddell just give away too many of these.

Yes we cop some rough calls but a lot of them are warranted. If we had a fair share of the ball last night we win. Instead we had 41%

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Headline says it all , what’s your biggest problem with the team … my poor missus goes for the dogs and it’s absolute torture watching them with her as I obviously want them to win for her but man it’s hard work , besides I follow the raiders so I have my own problems haha
Among other things, they could try moving up in defence.

It kills me watching the Dogs defence stand still and wait for the ball runner to come to them.

Add in the post contact metres and we regularly concede 50 to 60 metres per set. Then comes an attacking kick. We end up having to do a drop out or if not, we are pinned down inside our own 20 metres for the first 3 or 4 tackles.

It's one of the reasons we have those horrible statistics of barely any tackles in the opposition half.

No wonder we can't score points ... or win games

Fu**ing move up in defence.

Go watch Penrith or Melbourne defend. They move up, and fast. They apply pressure with their defence, force errors etc

Go do the fu**ing same thing. It's not rocket science

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Too much living in the past with this “dogs or war” and “family club” bullshit. Recruit players with skill and talent. Not because they are nice clubmen.
Then be ruthless, don’t hang on to them
passed used by date. It’s that simple.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d say David Furner is the next man up on the chopping block.

Our d has been shit for a long time apart from the odd game...he’s the defensive coach...see ya

Last edited:

jordansaba

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
fuck it’s depressing knowing how far away we are. it’s very hard to be a fan of this club

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Our 9,7 & 1 are shit.
Our centres are shit.
Our edge forwards are fucking awful.
Thompson has completely clocked off and is taking the piss collecting his $800k
We remain in a huge hole.