THE BIGGEST DUD BUY IN NRL HISTORY IS .......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Years ago the parkes spaceman bought joel caine when he retired from tigers. They give him good money and flew him out from city each week. First game of year we played parkes in parkes and joel was all the hype........... we put 60 on them and the old parkes faithful chased that dopy prick all the way out to the airport. Lol

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we went back to 1995, then Garrick Morgan is a classic dud. Rated the worlds best forward but for the Crushers was a flop.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Cronk.

Shell of The player without Smith, Slater and a dominant pack.

Reactions: Kaz

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Jack Bird. Don't know what the Broncos paid for him but he's not looking like a good investment at this point. The Broncos are my least favorite team so puck 'em.
to be fair I reckon the Sharks made Bird look good.. I said before he went to Broncos that the overrated player he is will show at a new club

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cronk has been horrific
But it seems media to scared / soft to say anything
Maybe because his wife is in the media industry but who knows, blokes been a dud

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Foran holds the honor of being a 2x Dud Buy of the year candidate!

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cronk has been horrific
But it seems media to scared / soft to say anything
Maybe because his wife is in the media industry but who knows, blokes been a dud
That’s very harsh. He’s had 10 try assists in 2018 which is only 2 less than last year. Hardly a dud buy.

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
news reports of moses mbye signing million dollar contract and being on verge of origin selection was the most insane thing ive ever seen in nrl history

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I can't believe people are forgetting these 2:

- Chris Sandow: Absolutely KILLS IT for Souths in 2010 and 2011. Signs a long-term multi-million dollar deal with the Eels... and he ends up playing for the Wentworthville Magpies :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

- Ben Barba: Best season was 2012, practically handed to the Broncos in 2013 for a start from 2014, then gets released 12 months later.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Jack Bird to Sharks
Adam Blair to Tigers
Sam Tomkins to Warriors
Dave Taylor to Titans
T Rex to Dogs
Michael Lichaa to Dogs

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
news reports of moses mbye signing million dollar contract and being on verge of origin selection was the most insane thing ive ever seen in nrl history
That was because he compared himself to JT and Des fell for it LOL.. Sold himself like a used car dealer sells a lemon of a car to some teenager . I mean how the heck does anyone pass themselves off as a marquee level halfback yet can't even kick?

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can't believe people are forgetting these 2:

- Chris Sandow: Absolutely KILLS IT for Souths in 2010 and 2011. Signs a long-term multi-million dollar deal with the Eels... and he ends up playing for the Wentworthville Magpies :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

- Ben Barba: Best season was 2012, practically handed to the Broncos in 2013 for a start from 2014, then gets released 12 months later.
Agree with the first one but Ben barba is really talented. 2013 was a bad year because Des didn't value him and neither did the broncos. They had 13 fullbacks or something didn't they?

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was because he compared himself to JT and Des fell for it LOL.. Sold himself like a used car dealer sells a lemon of a car to some teenager . I mean how the heck does anyone pass themselves off as a marquee level halfback yet can't even kick?
it could have been anything, someone should have secretly taped the board talking about the mbye contract would have been very interesting

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Small minds all. Cast your mind back a little further.

Adam Dykes --> Parramatta
Jamal Idris --> Titans (and for that matter, the Panthers)
Denan Kemp --> Warriors
Sam Tomkins --> NZ Warriors (had to specify, cause he has played for Wigan)
Braif Anastein --> Tigers
Lee Mossop --> Eels
Josh Hannay --> Sharks
Brett Seymour --> Sharks & NZ
Ryan O'Hara --> Tigers
Justin Poore -- > Eels
Stuart Fielden --> Wigan
Chris Sandow --> Eels

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member