Opinion The Belmore Curse

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don’t know where to start mate and can’t find anything positive about the place apart from nostalgia.

The facilities are horrible, especially those kindergarten seats and 42” plasma screen. We never have a good game there, even against teams like the titans
HAHAHHAHAHA Kindergarten seats and 42” plasma had me in tears :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: because It's so true

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We speak of spiritual home, pride, passion, feel good vibe videos in the off season.
Yet in our own home we let Ronaldo carry on like he owned the joint on Sunday without consequence.
We arnt cursed.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
In 2018 we played the Raiders there at night. We led by 16 with 5 minutes to go. Then the ‘curse’ got us…or maybe we played some really dumb footy, either way we lose on the bell.
Joey Leilua made the Moz boys his bitches on that try to win it at full time

That L hurt

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Referees hate the Bulldogs supporters with a passion. Maybe it stems from the bottle throwing incident or maybe it predates it. I am convinced that every referee who gets a Belmore game goes on to the field thinking "I'm going to show these bastards who is in charge by mercilessly caning their team - and there's nothing they can do about it!".

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Referees hate the Bulldogs supporters with a passion. Maybe it stems from the bottle throwing incident or maybe it predates it. I am convinced that every referee who gets a Belmore game goes on to the field thinking "I'm going to show these bastards who is in charge by mercilessly caning their team - and there's nothing they can do about it!".
They do it nearly every game.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last time we won was not even a win and ol mate dumbass Reynolds almost lost it for us too. Peak idiot Reynolds that then was carried by that belmore crowd after. Right about then and the trips is when the hate towards him started.

But he gets a 2nd chance this time around and lets see if he keeps his head

dogon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Every body hates Bulldog supporters because a large contingent are very bad losers & abuse winning fans when leaving the grounds especially from the safety of their vehicles. Being a white Anglo-Saxon who grew up in Belmore I have been on the receiving end numerous times over the years when I have not worn our colours. Silly me.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Season Launch tonight at Belmore Sports Ground. Hopefully there's a blessing of the Ground as well!

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
lol @ the focus on Belmore

Do you really think a wooden spoon battling team for 4 years straight is going to turn any ground into a fortress? Let alone Belmore.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The “curse” is just confirmation bias - has way more to do with us just generally being shit for the past 5 years + 1 or 2 outlier results.

Just like people saying “we have lost x% of games under this ref”… we’ve lost majority of games at the majority of venues under the majority of refs since 2017.

Solution is to just…stop being shit?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The “curse” is just confirmation bias - has way more to do with us just generally being shit for the past 5 years + 1 or 2 outlier results.

Just like people saying “we have lost x% of games under this ref”… we’ve lost majority of games at the majority of venues under the majority of refs since 2017.

Solution is to just…stop being shit?
What’s our winning percentage at belmore since we returned playing there in comparison to our other “home” grounds?

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 'battle of Belmore': multiculturalism comes to the rugby league

The incident called the "Battle of Belmore" was a riot involving rival rugby fans at Belmore Oval in Sydney, Australia, on June 2, 1997. On that day, the Canterbury Bulldogs were playing the Penrith Panters. Some have suggested that Canterbury fans assaulted police officers because of a refereeing decision which cost their team the match. Others have suggested that some fans brought flags of their ancestral homeland and celebrated with their traditional dances that led to rioting and violence against police officers