The Barrett clause

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just like the Des clauses back when he was under pressure, not winning allows so many dodgy stories all the time

Bacon_Muffin

Waterboy
Reaction score
I don't think too many players will take the option of becoming a free agent when Trent is sacked.
How many of them will be able to pick up a contract elsewhere with the way they are playing.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just hearing on the radio that there is a number of players that have a Barrett clause stipulated in their contracts so it may be a hostage situation. If Barrett goes so could many key playas....

Well done everybody involved
No no no that was Bennett not Barrett :tearsofjoy:

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just hearing on the radio that there is a number of players that have a Barrett clause stipulated in their contracts so it may be a hostage situation. If Barrett goes so could many key playas....

I raised this once as a potential concern and a few drop-kicks shot me down.

Anyway, if true, we can put the money towards actual spine players.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Move along people nothing to see here. Even players remotely attached to Barrett can see now that he is a dead end.

Gus just needs to work his magic with greedy player managers that don’t care about clubs, premierships or success, just dollars.

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I raised this once as a potential concern and a few drop-kicks shot me down.

Anyway, if true, we can put the money towards actual spine players.
Hang in there bud, the kennel is full of coaches and board members, just fight them all

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can anyone remember a player actually activating one of these clauses over the past 20 years? They always get talked about but I’m struggling to think of one case where it’s ever happened.
I find it hard to believe there are any clauses like that, Canterbury refuse to do it, remember the Mbye scenario ?

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

If that's true the club is fucking dumb for putting that in there contract but it's not like they have been setting the world on fire

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe there are any clauses like that, Canterbury refuse to do it, remember the Mbye scenario ?
Yeah I have a hard time believing there’s clauses like that to begin with and a even harder time believing a player would ever activate it.

Greenmachine121

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Might be the Penrith and Manly players , seeing there is a connection
So TPJ , Burton , Naden & Waddell

3 of them are no big loss ….. Waddell however … how will you cope ?

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well , id imagine future signings would think i don’t really want to play under him also, word gets around from under 16s etc to nrl level pretty quick. If they dont want to stay st belmore they can fuck off

drteeth

New Pup
Reaction score
Really? How many of our players would get a contract elsewhere?