The Ashes

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2nd test done and dusted. Aussies up 1-0 after the draw. Smith might not play in the 3rd test. Archer terrorising our batsmen and Poms should be favs for 3rd test. And, what’s everyone’s take on the booing saga. Discuss.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We can't compete without Smith. England will win 3rd test as long as weather holds up.

Booing has been in good fun, but has gone a bit far in some instances particularly with Smith's injury.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We can't compete without Smith. England will win 3rd test as long as weather holds up.

Booing has been in good fun, but has gone a bit far in some instances particularly with Smith's injury.
Struggle streets without him, prolly need rain lol

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I reckon most of the booing at Smith over there is trying anything they can to put him off, for obvious reasons, and not so much about the ball tampering shit. Thats just a cover. The bowlers have struggled to intimidate him, so the crowd is having a go at it. Best part is, its not working hahahaha

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Oh and i hope he does play match 3. We would have lost both matches so far without him. If he doesnt play it will not be too soon for the other batsmen to show some form.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
What about Bancroft? Both openers in terrible form
I agree but I guess for me he gets a bit more of a pass as he is not as experienced as Warner. If there are 2 guys out there who can step up and replace them, I am happy for them to go. Labuschagne deserves a spot over both of them and he only got a shot due to concussion of Smith!

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree but I guess for me he gets a bit more of a pass as he is not as experienced as Warner. If there are 2 guys out there who can step up and replace them, I am happy for them to go. Labuschagne deserves a spot over both of them and he only got a shot due to concussion of Smith!
I didn't get to see much of Labuschagne(copying your spelling coz I don't have a clue) this innings but he seems quality from previous.
Surely Starc can get a game instead of Siddle too? Am I the only one who sees this? I thought it was a no brainer

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Things might be worse than we first thought - from the Betoota Advocate...

Steve Smith Concussion Far Worse Than First Thought After Batsman Begins Posting Folau Memes

CLANCY OVERELL | Editor | CONTACT

Australia’s premier batsman Steve Smith’s day 4 concussion at Lords looks like it may have resulted in long-term affects, after he began posting the types of memes you only post after a decade long career playing full contact sport professionally.

Smudge was officially ruled out of Thursday’s third Test because of the lingering effects of the concussion, which came in the shape of a 92mph Jofra Archer short ball to the neck during Saturday night’s draw

Australia are only one win away from retaining the Ashes but will be without the Don 2.0 – a prospect we as a nation are struggling to process.

However, Smudge’s recent Instagram activity has struck even more fear into the hearts of Australian cricket fans – as he begins posting hyper-religious memes most commonly associated with sporting head injuries.

Coach Justin Langer says he’s just glad they’ve decided to sit him out of the third test, especially after seeing him condemn drunks, homosexuals, idolaters and adulterers to spend eternity in hell.

“We need to make sure that concussion is treated seriously in our game. We all saw what happened to Izzy.”

“He’s obviously not with it right now. So, he’s being sat out for now”

Due to Smith’s very publicised medical ailment, Australian LGBTI community groups are holding off on condemning his behaviour until they receive clarification that it’s just a result of his head knock.

However, Cricket Australia have made it clear they will definitely not be crumbling to community outrage and sacking their only good batsman – again.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Things might be worse than we first thought - from the Betoota Advocate...

Steve Smith Concussion Far Worse Than First Thought After Batsman Begins Posting Folau Memes

CLANCY OVERELL | Editor | CONTACT

Australia’s premier batsman Steve Smith’s day 4 concussion at Lords looks like it may have resulted in long-term affects, after he began posting the types of memes you only post after a decade long career playing full contact sport professionally.

Smudge was officially ruled out of Thursday’s third Test because of the lingering effects of the concussion, which came in the shape of a 92mph Jofra Archer short ball to the neck during Saturday night’s draw

Australia are only one win away from retaining the Ashes but will be without the Don 2.0 – a prospect we as a nation are struggling to process.

However, Smudge’s recent Instagram activity has struck even more fear into the hearts of Australian cricket fans – as he begins posting hyper-religious memes most commonly associated with sporting head injuries.

Coach Justin Langer says he’s just glad they’ve decided to sit him out of the third test, especially after seeing him condemn drunks, homosexuals, idolaters and adulterers to spend eternity in hell.

“We need to make sure that concussion is treated seriously in our game. We all saw what happened to Izzy.”

“He’s obviously not with it right now. So, he’s being sat out for now”

Due to Smith’s very publicised medical ailment, Australian LGBTI community groups are holding off on condemning his behaviour until they receive clarification that it’s just a result of his head knock.

However, Cricket Australia have made it clear they will definitely not be crumbling to community outrage and sacking their only good batsman – again.
The old betoota lolololololololololl

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Are we finally seeing the "ball" fighting back in the battle of "bat v ball"?

for the last decade in the 20/20 (ie: shit) era, we have been told to get excited about random state cricketers (exhibit A: Chris Lynn) hotting sixes. Well, fuck that. I'm loving this series, despite the English weather.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are we finally seeing the "ball" fighting back in the battle of "bat v ball"?

for the last decade in the 20/20 (ie: shit) era, we have been told to get excited about random state cricketers (exhibit A: Chris Lynn) hotting sixes. Well, fuck that. I'm loving this series, despite the English weather.
Most modern batters are so used to batting on roads that as soon as the ball does something or there's a bit in the wicket, they're fucked. A bit like the poms at the moment. 4/34.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
This is a sorry excuse for a Test Top 7 batting order that England are running with. Looks like their T20 lineup.

No surprises that they're no match for the moving Duke.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This innings could be the winning of the ashes. One pom so far in double figures. Denly with a solid 12.