Not open for further replies.

Moronic Musings

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Warner disappointed at ODI treatment

Cricinfo staff

September 11, 2009
Text size: A | A
David Warner loses his offstump to Albie Morkel, South Africa v Australia, 2nd Twenty20, Centurion, March 29, 2009
David Warner had a brief stint in Australia's ODI team last summer © AFP
Related Links
Players/Officials: Jamie Cox | David Warner
Teams: Australia

David Warner has revealed his frustration at the lack of communication from Australia's selectors after he was axed from the one-day team in February. Warner was dropped six matches into his ODI career and was told of the decision by the selector Jamie Cox in the dressing-room before a game against New Zealand in Sydney.

"Jamie Cox said to me, 'You are not playing in the next game, and you're not coming to Brisbane. You can call me and talk about it if you want'," Warner told the Sydney Morning Herald. "I was a bit disappointed. I thought, 'Well it's your job to call me about it'.

"Which was disappointing [not hearing from the selectors]. Obviously, I know what the reasons were. I've got to at least put a good performance in every three innings. If you're not going to do that, then you are obviously going to get dropped. My goal is to be a bit more consistent this season. You know, I've got to work on that."

Warner has played one ODI since his axing, when he turned out against Scotland in Edinburgh last month and made a duck. His only innings of note in seven one-day internationals was an entertaining 69 against South Africa at the SCG.

He remains in Australia's Twenty20 side and will be keen to impress during the Champions League Twenty20 in India, when he will line up for New South Wales in a squad that features 10 international players. Warner has played only one first-class match and hopes to break into the Sheffield Shield side more regularly this summer to help his chance of playing more games for Australia.

"I want to get into the four-day stuff," Warner said. "Hopefully, I get that opportunity this season. I might not start, obviously, because we've got a full-strength team. I've just got to keep on scoring runs, putting runs on the board and things take care of itself."

http://www.cricinfo.com/australia/content/story/424475.html

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
tbh he said nothing wrong, if thats the case, its the selectors fault. Thats not how yo address a dropping lol!!

Hopefully he works on his game, very exciting pocket rocket

Moronic Musings

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
tbh he said nothing wrong, if thats the case, its the selectors fault. Thats not how yo address a dropping lol!!

Hopefully he works on his game, very exciting pocket rocket
True but he needs to fix up his technique alot if he wants to excel in the longer format. He cant just go out and tonk and hope for the best.

Tbh, he has the ability to succeed in the first class format imo.

Howsie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think higher. Pretty sure it was around 160
McCullum's 20/20 score was 158*. It's a shame he's a **** batsmen in the other forms of the game though :(

Graham Napier from England made 154 for Essex in a 20/20 game last year to, hit something like 16 sixes in his innings. (Tiny ground though).

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Aus 5-0

easily chased down 300 to win. Punter played a captains knock. Scored 126

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
you can keep the trophey i'd rather have the ashes :D

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
something needs to be done at grassroots and cricket academys cause if that's our best odi team we're ****ed in the future

The Beer Baron

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
something needs to be done at grassroots and cricket academys cause if that's our best odi team we're ****ed in the future
How's that, if we win the next 2 games we get to be number 1 again. And that's not good enough??

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
i'm not fussed 50 overs will die a slow death anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.