The Ashes in England 2009 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
When did Pakistan last come to Australia? It has been a while.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It has. Last time was when I remember fat, lazy Inzamam Ul-Haq was captain. I reckon maybe 2003 or 2004?

Moronic Musings

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hilfy is only great when there is swing. wont get much of it in most countries sadly.

mine would be johnson, lee, siddle and a bolter in nannes
I agree completely with this post.

Hilfy like I said in 1 of my posts on the last page will only strive in swinging conditions. e.g. england. He won't have any success in Australia or many other countries due to his average pace.

Nannes could well be a bolter for the squad imo. Look out for Clinton Mckay. Victorian fast-bowler who averaged around 20 in sheffield shield last year.

Another chance of the 4 fast bowlers could be :

Brett Lee
Mitch Johnson
Peter Siddle
Steve Magoffin.

Magoffin swings the ball alot and bowls at a very good pace. Gets good bounce and is similar to Stuie Clark except hes much quicker.

Im looking forward to seeing how this series in Australia will pan out.

What about Krejza, anyone reckon he might play this year. He played a brilliant match then 1 bad match, then all of a sudden hes axed. Selection disaster imo.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
i feel for hauritz. I dont know what the selectors are after. If they want a warnesque player, then they are dreaming. He did a solid job in the 1st 3 tests then gets dropped. I dunno whats the go. Dont bother picking spinners if your not going to stick with them through a few series

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
We might have found our future number 3 when punter retires from ODIs!!! White just scored his maiden ODI century and he is on fire at number 3!!!

Aus 3-0 another easy win.

Moronic Musings

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
White 105 from 124 balls. Classy knock.

Next match when Punters back:

Watson
Paine
Ponting
Clarke
Ferguson
Hussey
White
Johnson
Lee
Hauritz
Bracken

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
We might have found our future number 3 when punter retires from ODIs!!! White just scored his maiden ODI century and he is on fire at number 3!!!

Aus 3-0 another easy win.
he's played tests and he was ****e and useless

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
he's played tests and he was ****e and useless
symonds had a much worse start to his ODI and Test Career. Look how he went then. White actually is an even more explosive batsman than Symonds. His state record is also very impressive. Look at his county record, pretty handy.

He might not make it back to the test arena, but he def is a valuable asset to have for the ODIs esp since Symonds isnt part of the plans. We lack that attacking batsmen which he def will fill. No way is he **** or useless.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
symonds had a much worse start to his ODI and Test Career. Look how he went then. White actually is an even more explosive batsman than Symonds. His state record is also very impressive. Look at his county record, pretty handy.

He might not make it back to the test arena, but he def is a valuable asset to have for the ODIs esp since Symonds isnt part of the plans. We lack that attacking batsmen which he def will fill. No way is he **** or useless.
i have no doubts he's a good ODI player, but neither i would say are test cricket players, what county does he play for because if he's playing dev 2 then he's playing pretty ****ty cricketers. in tests you don't need explosive players, only time they really are when they're looking for quick runs or are like 300 infront etc. aus test batting is fine and doesn't require a hitter. clarke and co. are attacking enough for tests

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
i have no doubts he's a good ODI player, but neither i would say are test cricket players, what county does he play for because if he's playing dev 2 then he's playing pretty ****ty cricketers. in tests you don't need explosive players, only time they really are when they're looking for quick runs or are like 300 infront etc. aus test batting is fine and doesn't require a hitter. clarke and co. are attacking enough for tests
yeah true, like i said he might not make it back to the test arena. He is suited to the shorter versions. But i wont be surprised if he works at the 4 day game. Like i said his first class career isnt bad:

Played: 103
Runs: 6351
High Score: 260 n.o
Avg: 42.05
Hundreds: 15
Fifties: 28

The teams he played first class cricket for are: Victoria and Somerset. TBH, those stats surprise me, i didnt think he had a very good record esp for someone who bats at 5 or 6 in the longer version of the game.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
fmd his twenty20 highscore is 141 n.o wtfffffff

Moronic Musings

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Warner crying around like a pansy complaining that he wasnt shown enough respect. LMFAO, one hit wonder tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.