The Ashes in England 2009 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Can a mod please sticky this. I know is cricket related, but this is pretty much the biggest series in world cricket taking ou the World Cup. Deserves its own thread :grinning:

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
think australia's bowling will do better this time in england, and i think will prove the difference. only thing we got going for us, is that australia hasn't got a good recognised spinner. but who knows clarke and katich may bowl well if get the chance

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
A 16 man squad will be named tomorrow to take on the English in this years Ashes series. My predictions (ones in italics are defo in the team):

Batters:

Phil Hughes
Simon Katich
Ricky Ponting
Mike Hussey
Michael Clarke

Brad Hodge

Bowlers:

Mitchell Johnson
Brett Lee
Stuart Clark
Peter Siddle
Ben Hilfenhous
Nathan Haurtiz

All Rounders:

Marcus North
Andrew Symonds

Keepers:

Brad Haddin
Graeme Manou

Shane Watson is a liability. Hence why i left him out and opted for Roy

Munnuz 1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i pretty much agree with Hanis team. Expecting another big series from Phillip Hughes, hes been killing it in the English County Comp. If Shane Watson does get into the squad it will be for mainly batting, if not only for batting. Doug Bollinger might be another name you could throw up as well?

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Aussies 5-0 again. :p

D

dogs_4 lyf

Hmm hopefully Lee raps up his place. Looks very fit and ready to go from what ive seen of him in the IPL.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
Oh, the crap I put on my Pommy mates was brilliant. LOL.
05 was great for me, gloating around school, happy times. thankfully no1 returned the favor:p

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
05 was great for me, gloating around school, happy times. thankfully no1 returned the favor:p
Hahaha. Why do you think I gave a bit extra?

All good though. Us Aussies and Pommies are like two mates who constantly take the piss outta each other.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
Hahaha. Why do you think I gave a bit extra?

All good though. Us Aussies and Pommies are like two mates who constantly take the piss outta each other.
indeed :amazed:

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Young Phil Hughes notched up his fourth ton in county cricket, he is going nicely over there

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
in 4 innings he has played in england (including 4 day and 1 day games) he has an avg of around 145 lol

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
he'll crash under pressure from the mighty sidebottom :p my god our bowlers have awful last names :o

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
he'll crash under pressure from the mighty sidebottom :p my god our bowlers have awful last names :o
lol tbh he went well against the likes of ntini, steyn and morkel :grinning: i reckon he will go well.

Bopara will go well for England but he will be tested against our quicks :amazed:

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
lol tbh he went well against the likes of ntini, steyn and morkel :grinning: i reckon he will go well.

Bopara will go well for England but he will be tested against our quicks :amazed:
england need to bowl at their best to stand a snowsball chance in hell. hopefully having these tests we'll handle the swing better :D

D

dogs_4 lyf

LOL hughes will own the english bowling attack tbh:p Mabye that new guy onions can cause something.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
LOL hughes will own the english bowling attack tbh:p Mabye that new guy onions can cause something.
to be fair he's in the 2nd devision, but wouldn't be surprised if he does well

Status
Not open for further replies.