The Amazing Race

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Might not be a very popular opinion but non elimination is a fuckin stupid concept. Why did I even tune in if nothing has changed from last week.
And one other thing, no prize for running 1st each leg is ridiculous
Yeah it is a bit rough hey specially for the boys who have dominated all season and are clearly the best team but if something beyond their control were to happen and they lost then they go home empty handed!! Should definitely he a prize each week for coming first.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Might not be a very popular opinion but non elimination is a fuckin stupid concept. Why did I even tune in if nothing has changed from last week.
And one other thing, no prize for running 1st each leg is ridiculous
Well they can't give cash to every winner... it defeats the purpose of the show. It's like Survivor... all or nothing.

I think the non-elimination legs are necessary as they allow the twist in the game that keeps it interesting. The difference between this week and last... those jobless influencers aren't in it. That's enough for me :grinning:

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well they can't give cash to every winner... it defeats the purpose of the show. It's like Survivor... all or nothing.

I think the non-elimination legs are necessary as they allow the twist in the game that keeps it interesting. The difference between this week and last... those jobless influencers aren't in it. That's enough for me :grinning:
There should be an incentive to come first IMO. The yanky version at least give away holidays for comin 1st

Wahesh

Reaction score
There should be an incentive to come first IMO. The yanky version at least give away holidays for comin 1st
American game shows can offer more because they have more sponsors and more money to splash around.

Remember that show "The Weakesk Link"? In our version, the individuals had the chance to win up to $100,000 at the end of every show - $10,000 for 7 rounds, and $30,000 in the final round. In the American version, the individuals stood to win $125,000 PER ROUND, up to $1,000,000. They completely out-do our versions in just about every game show they have.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
American game shows can offer more because they have more sponsors and more money to splash around.

Remember that show "The Weakesk Link"? In our version, the individuals had the chance to win up to $100,000 at the end of every show - $10,000 for 7 rounds, and $30,000 in the final round. In the American version, the individuals stood to win $125,000 PER ROUND, up to $1,000,000. They completely out-do our versions in just about every game show they have.
True story - I was once on the Weakest Link. Got eliminated quite early.

It's a lot harder than it looks.

Wahesh

Reaction score
True story - I was once on the Weakest Link. Got eliminated quite early.

It's a lot harder than it looks.
Yeah I remember everyone liked that show. Cornelia Frances had the perfect personality to be the host of that show. God bless her.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I remember everyone liked that show. Cornelia Frances had the perfect personality to be the host of that show. God bless her.
She was based on the British one who was even more hardcore.

I will say that the now late Cornelia the woman was lovely to interact with.

Wahesh

Reaction score
She was based on the British one who was even more hardcore.

I will say that the now late Cornelia the woman was lovely to interact with.
The character she portrayed on shows like Home and Away was ruthless, and she carried this persona over to The Weakest Link... but yes I had heard that she wasn't personally like that. She portrayed it so well though - that's how you could tell she was a brilliant actress.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Luck just ran out for Nick and Femi. I really thought they were plodding along for most of the race but just managed to avoid elimination each time. It's down to the last 4 now and hard to see the AFL boys losing.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Did anyone see Tom and Tyler being eliminated? They won 8/10 legs though. Great effort by the boys. I guess everyone saw them as a threat and wanted to eliminate them.

I reckon the poofs will win it from here.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Reality tv shows :weary::weary:

Wahesh

Reaction score
Reality tv shows :weary::weary:
Well I don't really watch them except for Survivor and The Amazing Race. Survivor teaches us about trust (which is a very big intangible asset nowadays) and The Amazing Race teaches us about other cultures. For instance, from last nights show... did you know that in Thailand, a treat (sweet) they have is called a Century Egg? Similar to boiled Easter Eggs, they have nice, colourful shells. however on the inside... they are black. They taste almost as hideous as they look, and will be perhaps the most foul thing you ever taste in your life (if you're ever unlucky enough to have to eat one). They are salty, disgusting, and gooey, all in one... yet it's considered a treat.

Attachments

Wahesh

Reaction score
Ok now that the disaster is over, let's hope next years race has LESS inclusion and MORE ability. The teams they had in 2011 and 2012 were good... it was about a race.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Far out Beau Ryan is even worse this season than he was last... and we’re only 20 mins in.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Far out Beau Ryan is even worse this season than he was last... and we’re only 20 mins in.
Only reason I am watching is for Amanda and Ashi. Amanda in particular is a hottie. Check out her Instagram page. Her name is Amanda Blanks

Wahesh

Reaction score
Only reason I am watching is for Amanda and Ashi. Amanda in particular is a hottie. Check out her Instagram page. Her name is Amanda Blanks
Those girls seem like bimbos lol. The one who's going out with that Nigerian guy isn't too far behind. I think the one that's a dancer is a looker.

Wahesh

Reaction score
They didn't really elaborate on the twin boys quitting the show, and it happened right at the start. I thought the timing of this being a non-elimination leg was a little convenient though. They were quite annoying though so in a way I'm glad it wasn't anyone else.

@bulldogsfan_88 don't you find those 2 girls annoying? Hot yes but damn they're annoying lol.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They didn't really elaborate on the twin boys quitting the show, and it happened right at the start. I thought the timing of this being a non-elimination leg was a little convenient though. They were quite annoying though so in a way I'm glad it wasn't anyone else.

@bulldogsfan_88 don't you find those 2 girls annoying? Hot yes but damn they're annoying lol.
Honestly find all the contestants a bit annoying just based on the ads. But I have a profound hatred of reality tv.

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeh those girls are tidy as!