Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Hypothetical;
Since alot of you here wish for dramatic change,
what would be your reaction if the Bulldogs signed the Walker Brothers?

For those that dont know.
They turned their QLD Cup team from wooden spooners to premiership winners in one year, by playing an unconnventional style of footy that incorporates not getting tackled at all costs and quick defensive play the balls for the OPPOSITION team.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Believe it or not, Des has alot of pulling power in regards to new recruits.

The old Manly squad adored playing under him, its why we signed T-Rex and why Foran is always linked to us.

The CBFC is who veto's the Foran signature. Des has him.
Unfortunately for us he hasn't been able to recruit a fullback, halfback, hooker or 5/8 required to win the comp. Also he has missed foran 3 times.

No convinced he still has the same pulling power he did at Manly.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Unfortunately for us he hasn't been able to recruit a fullback, halfback, hooker or 5/8 required to win the comp. Also he has missed foran 3 times.

No convinced he still has the same pulling power he did at Manly.
My feeling is he hasnt tried. He hasnt missed out on signatures, he hasnt made a play.

This is probably worse and shows a lack of judgment. Although we only found out Bmoz wasnt up to it in the second half of this year.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
why would we waste 1.2 million to recruit a rookie or Ivan Cleary ?
They wouldn't be asking for 1.2 million though. Alot of league commentators ie Greg Alexander, Mark Gasnier, Andrew Johns say we need a complete over haul which should start with the coach.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
My feeling is he hasnt tried. He hasnt missed out on signatures, he hasnt made a play.

This is probably worse and shows a lack of judgment. Although we only found out Bmoz wasnt up to it in the second half of this year.
If he hasn't tried its equally as bad and he is responsible.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They wouldn't be asking for 1.2 million though. Alot of league commentators ie Greg Alexander, Mark Gasnier, Andrew Johns say we need a complete over haul which should start with the coach.
Thats Bullshit! those commentators you mentioned are not the sharpest tools in the shed but, no way would they be stupid enough to make a comment like that. lol Oh, and by the way.... why would you write untruths?? get your facts straight first.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Believe it or not, Des has alot of pulling power in regards to new recruits.

The old Manly squad adored playing under him, its why we signed T-Rex and why Foran is always linked to us.

The CBFC is who veto's the Foran signature. Des has him.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Thats Bullshit! those commentators you mentioned are not the sharpest tools in the shed but, no way would they be stupid enough to make a comment like that. lol Oh, and by the way.... why would you write untruths?? get your facts straight first.
They have mentioned a complete overhaul of our style, tactics etc that's a fact, and they didn't specifically mention the coach leaving, that's mine and many other observers opinions, and they have been very critical of our play and style and that's a fact, no untruths.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mbye & Reynolds should take majority of blame

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
2013 +66 Ranked 7th
2014 +7 Ranked 9th
2015 +52 Ranked 5th
2016 +58 Ranked 7th

Not a single team in recent history has won a Grand Final with less then +100 F/A, we can barely get over half of that amount. Even in 95 we were +116.

Unless there is huge changes next year or for how many years we have Hasler, every year will be a write off.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's harsh when our halves only touch the ball twice every 10 sets .
They should demand it more then..

Only time I seen Mbye demand the ball was in our knockout semi with 10mins to go and our season over

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Des or no Des.. Mbye an Reynolds will not work as a pairing
Never said they were a great pairing, but they are just doing what Des tells them. Saying they should demand the ball is fucking rubbish, our system doesn't allow that. Even if they want the ball it goes to fucking Graham or Tolman because THAT IS WHAT DES HAS COACHED THEM TO DO.

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

I can only say
Dissociative identity disorder

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score

what I'm saying is, we would have to pay des 1.2 to replace him for next year . Why would we do that?

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
2013 +66 Ranked 7th
2014 +7 Ranked 9th
2015 +52 Ranked 5th
2016 +58 Ranked 7th

Not a single team in recent history has won a Grand Final with less then +100 F/A, we can barely get over half of that amount. Even in 95 we were +116.

Unless there is huge changes next year or for how many years we have Hasler, every year will be a write off.
That's a very important piece of data which makes a lot of sense it shows attack is more important than defence because if you have attack and score from it you get more possession and more attack. It's like money breeds money.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
what I'm saying is, we would have to pay des 1.2 to replace him for next year . Why would we do that?
Fair call mate. I was thinking 2018 now as Hasler is still here 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.