DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Was hoping to jag that plane when I went to Japan, unfortunately no joy, plus side ANA service is unbeatable.
Because I’m a One World whore I fly Qantas and JAL to the land of the rising sun. Is ANA that much better it’s worth sacrificing my points and lounge access??

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Because I’m a One World whore I fly Qantas and JAL to the land of the rising sun. Is ANA that much better it’s worth sacrificing my points and lounge access??
Highly debatable, apparently JAL and ANA are neck and neck on services from what I've read .and both their premium economy are apparently top notch and both give lounge access, ( next trip I'll be hitting premium economy) so in your case probably not worth the comforts you already got ,but 1 thing to consider ANA to Europe via Tokyo a while back you could score buisness class cheaper than most premium economy. And this be ANA buisness
And this be JAL
images.jpeg-292.jpg

Quick check on Web jet both carries buisness syd to Europe same price

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Highly debatable, apparently JAL and ANA are neck and neck on services from what I've read .and both their premium economy are apparently top notch and both give lounge access, ( next trip I'll be hitting premium economy) so in your case probably not worth the comforts you already got ,but 1 thing to consider ANA to Europe via Tokyo a while back you could score buisness class cheaper than most premium economy. And this be ANA buisness
I don’t speak Greek - that word ‘E-con-omy’?? :tearsofjoy:.

I’ve flown JAL PE to Europe and the US east coast where from Tokyo you go straight over the North Pole, which is great except no internet (first world problems). Flight timing and some deals allow a night in Tokyo if that’s what you want (I have and haven’t depending on need to get somewhere). Flown JAL business with upgrades as I’m Qantas Platinum and occasionally you get perked if they’ve overbooked a lower cabin, but it’s not often. Both cabins are great in terms of comfort and service. Better than Emirates in my view which is often a benchmark. Think it’s the subtlety of the Asian service - Singapore get that pretty right too.