The Aerosexual Thread

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I work as ground handler last 15 years. Basically worked in cargo holds on most commercial aircraft except the concord.
This beast antinov is one plane where all our cameras come out over and over. We never tire of taking pics as we always want better pics:grinning:
My fave celebs that I've had a close view of in real are Hulk Hogan and Rick Flair.
Wooooooooo
I could happily sit on a milk crate on the antonov and go around the world, hopefully I'll still make the antonov factory and simulator one day

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Vale Dale ‘Snort’ Snodgrass, the original ‘Maverick’ and Top Gun graduate (who also flew scenes for the movie). An F-14 legend, he was flying this Tomcat in this famous fly-by photo of USS America in 1988:
07585B9D-7CB0-467E-9B0A-7EFD202B80F5.jpeg

Unlike the movie ‘Maverick’ though, ‘Snort’ did everything by the book. After 26 years of Navy flying including 4800 hours and 1200 carrier landings in the F-14, Snort continued his aviation career as an instructor and air show pilot. He died in Idaho on Saturday, aged 71, when his personal plane crashed and caught fire on take off. He went out doing not only what he loved, but what he dedicated his life to.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Travellers could soon be travelling the world on planes powered by their own poo – and Brits could be the first to try it.

British Transport Secretary Grant Shapps has revealed plans to force the UK’s airlines to use 10 per cent eco-friendly jet fuel in planes by 2030

Give me tooheys old red wine and Indian sit me on the throne I could get you to England for under $50

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vale Dale ‘Snort’ Snodgrass, the original ‘Maverick’ and Top Gun graduate (who also flew scenes for the movie). An F-14 legend, he was flying this Tomcat in this famous fly-by photo of USS America in 1988:
View attachment 27346
Unlike the movie ‘Maverick’ though, ‘Snort’ did everything by the book. After 26 years of Navy flying including 4800 hours and 1200 carrier landings in the F-14, Snort continued his aviation career as an instructor and air show pilot. He died in Idaho on Saturday, aged 71, when his personal plane crashed and caught fire on take off. He went out doing not only what he loved, but what he dedicated his life to.
That’s a fantastic picture the people watching on look blown away.
It looks so close to the carrier , can you imagine the noise and vibration standing there.
RIP Snort a true legend

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Oh I love that Skybed,
A few nice drinks put on your PJ’s and of to sleep.
Getting tucked in is a must lol
It was definitely an movement on the Mark I which wasn’t fully flat, but the Mark II was pretty comfy. I reckon there’s a fair chance I annoyed my fellow travellers with my snoring on a few trips to LA :-).

The seat that replaces this is even better - I flew it on the A330 PER-SYD but short flight - you’re just settling in and it’s time to land. First world problems 8-).

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was definitely an movement on the Mark I which wasn’t fully flat, but the Mark II was pretty comfy. I reckon there’s a fair chance I annoyed my fellow travellers with my snoring on a few trips to LA :-).

The seat that replaces this is even better - I flew it on the A330 PER-SYD but short flight - you’re just settling in and it’s time to land. First world problems 8-).
That’s right the early models had just a slight incline towards the upper body.
It was still pretty good but what I thought made a big difference was those fitted doona covers which came out a few years later by memory.
So your the one snoring all the way to London lol

I could never understand people watching movies the entire trip sipping on their red.
I’m like stuff my face with everything on offer and try not to drink too much.
Nice feeling fresh on arrival.
TBH I can’t see any flying this year unfortunately.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
That’s right the early models had just a slight incline towards the upper body.
It was still pretty good but what I thought made a big difference was those fitted doona covers which came out a few years later by memory.
So your the one snoring all the way to London lol

I could never understand people watching movies the entire trip sipping on their red.
I’m like stuff my face with everything on offer and try not to drink too much.
Nice feeling fresh on arrival.
TBH I can’t see any flying this year unfortunately.
Guilty re: snoring. Maybe. Just putting up my hand :-).

Those doonas did soften it for sure.

Yeah, I’m wary how much I drink inflight, it can bite you on the arse. Speaking of arriving fresh, I loved the B787 LHR-PER non-stop so I reckon I’ll be a fan of Sunrise too - getting into the US East Coast without stopping will be sweet. Nah, no travel this year - my last trip was to Dallas in Feb ‘20 just before the Rona bit, so it’ll be two years between passport stamps methinks :(. Been some good family time but also keen to get back on the road ASAP.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Guilty re: snoring. Maybe. Just putting up my hand :-).

Those doonas did soften it for sure.

Yeah, I’m wary how much I drink inflight, it can bite you on the arse. Speaking of arriving fresh, I loved the B787 LHR-PER non-stop so I reckon I’ll be a fan of Sunrise too - getting into the US East Coast without stopping will be sweet. Nah, no travel this year - my last trip was to Dallas in Feb ‘20 just before the Rona bit, so it’ll be two years between passport stamps methinks :(. Been some good family time but also keen to get back on the road ASAP.
The released the % today what the target is before we can travel again, and it looks like they are trying to make it tough as possible for people who don't get the vaccine to travel ,Qantas just announced vaccine passport, let me fly today and they can insert the needle in my knob