The $100k Roosters coach training Melbourne Storm

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

Retired rugby league champion Cooper Cronk has caused a stir in NRL land after being seen helping Melbourne players during a training session on Wednesday.

Cronk is on Roosters coach Trent Robinson’s staff and The Daily Telegraph reports the legendary halfback is earning a six-figure salary at Bondi.

Which makes his appearance at Storm training this week all the more bizarre.

Cronk is paid by the Storm as a corporate ambassador but not to help coach the players.

The Melbourne club tweeted images of Cronk and former long-time teammate Billy Slater running drills with players, with the caption; “Billy and Coops led training yesterday”.

Cronk played most of his career with the Storm before moving to Sydney and helping the Roosters win consecutive premierships in 2018 and 2019.

Since retiring he’s been working with Fox League as well as helping the Roosters coaching staff.

The Telegraph also revealed Cronk has been offering advice to Storm halfback Jahrome Hughes, which the club confirmed, as well as speaking to the leadership group.

The newspaper contacted Cronk’s manager George Mimis who said his client was in Melbourne “for the executive club launch”.

1614893721040.png

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Retired rugby league champion Cooper Cronk has caused a stir in NRL land after being seen helping Melbourne players during a training session on Wednesday.

Cronk is on Roosters coach Trent Robinson’s staff and The Daily Telegraph reports the legendary halfback is earning a six-figure salary at Bondi.

Cronk is paid by the Storm as a corporate ambassador but not to help coach the players.

The Melbourne club tweeted images of Cronk and former long-time teammate Billy Slater running drills with players, with the caption; “Billy and Coops led training yesterday”.

Cronk played most of his career with the Storm before moving to Sydney and helping the Roosters win consecutive premierships in 2018 and 2019.

Since retiring he’s been working with Fox League as well as helping the Roosters coaching staff.

The Telegraph also revealed Cronk has been offering advice to Storm halfback Jahrome Hughes, which the club confirmed, as well as speaking to the leadership group.

The newspaper contacted Cronk’s manager George Mimis who said his client was in Melbourne “for the executive club launch”.

View attachment 21751
I guess that definately confirms Cam not playing at Storm lol

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

View attachment 21751
Bulldogs need more "corporate ambassadors" *smirk*

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love how the two clubs most sceptically fit their teams under the cap both are allowed to pay highly elite ex players sums of money after the retire under questionable circumstances and this is apparently OK? No one bats an eyelid?

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love how the two clubs most sceptically fit their teams under the cap both are allowed to pay highly elite ex players sums of money after the retire under questionable circumstances and this is apparently OK? No one bats an eyelid?
Amazing isn't it! Signs an NRL contract with the Roosters to play there for a few seasons, also signs a 10 year coaching contract on top of that one to commence the exact day after his NRL contract expires... also includes havard university degree!

Last edited:

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
It's an absolute fucken disgrace. NRL is corrupt as shit. No wonder some clubs wallow in shit at the bottom of the ladder for years.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's not just coaching jobs that some teams have benefited from. Souths for instance paid both Inglis and Burgess their full contracts to fulfill seemingly low effort roles after medically retiring them. So It's nice for some clubs to be able to offload players without issue while still being able to chuck those high wages at new players.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Wow I've never seen a man suck his own cock on tv before. Cronky did just that tonight. What a fucken narcissistic ****, I was hoping Buzzard the gin soaked park-bencher was gonna hook the fuckwit.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
The fact Cooper Cronk wouldn’t let anyone get a word in with his excuses and has he’s nose in two troughs... he’d make a great politician

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Started watching the season preview episode of nrl 360. The first 25 minutes its buzz arguing with cronk over this shit. Thanks for the season preview guys. Lol. Also pray cronk isnt a regular on our screens, he has the personality of a kitchen bench.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Started watching the season preview episode of nrl 360. The first 25 minutes its buzz arguing with cronk over this shit. Thanks for the season preview guys. Lol. Also pray cronk isnt a regular on our screens, he has the personality of a kitchen bench.
The next Greg Alexander

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

"Roosters is all-encompassing, I’m in there one day a week, up to two days."

FMD1, the Cronk gets paid $100k for 1 day per week, but never more than 2 days. He claims it's "all encompassing, excuse me while I piss myself laughing, 5 days a week is not "all encompassing", 1 or 2 days is a part time gig.

“The Melbourne Storm job is heavily weighted corporate, and as I’ve said I’ve had less than 12 or 15 interactions, two face-to-face and less than 10 by Zoom"

FMD2, and how much does he get paid for that ............. not another $100k surely?

Plainly this is a Salary Cap rort, underpay him while he is playing and then replace the lost income with a contract once he is retired. Smells like the old Melbourne trick of 2 contracts, instead this time it's one when playing and one when retired. Is it any wonder that we (other club supporters) are always suspicious of the Chooks and Melbourne with their obvious Salary Cap rorting.

Go Dogs

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a insult to the kitchen bench, at least it serves a good purpose lol unlike him