That's how you make a Rugby League commercial

• Thread starter Alexander the Great
  • Start date

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I guess the use of Barnesy is partly because of his previous version of StB with Tina too. Otherwise, as good a career as he’s had and some memorable songs (Flametrees will always be a favourite for me) - it’s probably time to hand the batten to a next gen artist...

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
I guess the use of Barnesy is partly because of his previous version of StB with Tina too. Otherwise, as good a career as he’s had and some memorable songs (Flametrees will always be a favourite for me) - it’s probably time to hand the batten to a next gen artist...
The Tin Lids.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
It’s the current dustbowl that was the SFS.
Thanks mate I thought it might be been but I couldn't see the old clock near the grandstand- that usually stands out at the SCG.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks mate I thought it might be been but I couldn't see the old clock near the grandstand- that usually stands out at the SCG.
Yeah, it was shot on the most easterly part of the SFS site - behind the Bradman Stand of the SCG, so you can't really see the clock tower.
In one of the shots you can see Rugby League Central and if you look closely enough you can see Todd in the window saying 'shit - their ad is better than ours!' :-).

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Love it cos we see some great vision of CB Bulldogs. Now it's just rubbish tokenism.
I dunno but I like this one better than "simply the best"

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
It's definitely better but why is that they never really seem to get or pay for what truly grabs RL fans? I mean that's why they are turning back time in order to cash in on previous successes. Was that a short ad with a longer one out there? If that's the entirety then pay the extra money guys and use it to fill it in with inspirational stuff. Are they just being Jew pricks and not wanting to go all in or what? Always been the case unfortunately with GF and other Rep game entertainment. They think so small.