That's how you make a Rugby League commercial

• Thread starter Alexander the Great
  • Start date

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Jimmy Barnes hahaa. Talk about a yesterday’s hero. NRL is just shit at promoting the great game

A

Alexander the Great

I think he did a better job compared to the nrl butchering the song.
Jimmy Barnes hahaa. Talk about a yesterday’s hero. NRL is just shit at promoting the great game

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
This is a Fox League ad, not an NRL ad.
Can’t blame this on the NRL.

A

Alexander the Great

I don't understand your point.

They are promoting rugby league are they not?

I don't think it matters who makes the ad its the point they kept out the potlics/religion/race/gender out of it.

The nrl are now backtracking on the original ad. Another blow to the sport and how's its run.
That I do blame on the NRL
This is a Fox League ad, not an NRL ad.
Can’t blame this on the NRL.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I don't understand your point.

They are promoting rugby league are they not?

I don't think it matters who makes the ad its the point they kept out the potlics/religion/race/gender out of it.

The nrl are now backtracking on the original ad. Another blow to the sport and how's its run.
That I do blame on the NRL
Sure, but a couple of posts above suggest it was an NRL production or sanctioned ad and I was merely pointing out that it wasn’t.

I have no massive problem with either ad - and I certainly have no specific agenda or sympathies - you simply can never please everyone.

Tazer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Both are pretty average if you ask me. There's a story in the Telegraph saying how awesome the Fox one is. A news limited owned paper spruiking an ad produced by another News limited owned entity....no bias there.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Given how successful and much loved the original Simply the Best campaign was the NRL and Fox were no chance of ever coming close to bettering it.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeh the fox AD is ordinary, shows too much jimmy and not enough players or game. however at least it does not feel like that it’s forcing someone’s PC agenda onto me

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i like how they've tried to cash in on those seven nation army woah ohs at the start

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not as good as previous, they could do soo much better .!!! In fact as well as a front of jersey sponsor, from all of us here at TK :tonguewink: we could also do a better ad I’m sure ;) don’t get any more passionate supporters than us here..!!!

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dunno but I like this one better than "simply the best"

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
I dunno but I like this one better than "simply the best"

Spot on mate. Much better song than Simply The Best IMO.
That clip brought back great memories. Those were the days when it certainly was The Greatest Game Of All, nowdays it's just shit in comparison. Greenberg and his useless mates have done a great job of turning the game to mud.
I remember as a kid in the late 80's when the NSWRL used to have one-off games here in WA that they always used to play Thin Lizzy's The Boys Are Back In Town over the PA, that song could be used to make a great NRL ad I reckon. Great song that gets you amped up.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The Foxsports version is better in every way, more passion (a 10 year old girl was never going to cut it), better video (I like the players projected onto the dust), explosions, on the Football stadium reconstruction with the SCG in the background, no PC crap, or racial stereotyping and it's not a tick the box exercise. No comparison, it's everything the NRL launch isn't.

Go Dogs

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
I think he did a better job compared to the nrl butchering the song.
That’s cool. I just think rehashing an old fucking song is so pointless. It’s like Hollywood. They literally just remake old movies and wonder why they flop and don’t make money. It’s 2020, fans are younger, game is different, players are different. Its a young mans game. We need something new. But its also hard to please everyone ahhaha