That Fabulous Footy Show - Channel 9's instrument for NRL social excellence

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Well, tonights footy show features Paul Gallen, Nate Myles and a variety of accolades for SKD.

Blow me down, a self confessed peptide user, a former defecator and carpet smudger and a alleged, yet to be convicted, I might add, is a Rooster facing multiple charges of naughtiness against his partner.

Well, **** me. Nothing like showcasing our NRL naughties like the three musketeers.
Oh, but their reformed pirates some my say.

Bad boys in the NRL are given more chances than a monopoly board.
Why ? - because they can play good footy.
Throw in the human bubbler and you could have Dartanian and have the full four Musketeer set.

Blokes that play good footy can sometimes be very wayward.
Why ? is it because footy is a good outlet for their aggression or stupidity.
Is it because they, can in many instances, escape a no dickhead policy.

I reckon every NRL side should have at least 2 dickheads in their side.
As, they'll get good exposure on Channel 9 and provide good footy.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
National Bogan League.

I'm getting my boy to play Union instead of this joke of a sport.

nikgan123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
National Bogan League.

Lol ye the nrl is a joke but do u really wanna spend your Sundays watching a penalty shootout? That's how union is nowadays in my eyes idk about you but can be very slow and boring

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
National Bogan League.

Good move Assassin - our wonderful game of Rugby League is being destroyed by the repugnant treatment of fans, lack of transparency in NRL income and expenditures, television rights, imperfect competition in tv rights, ridiculously high merchandise and ground hospitality costs, over charging for membership packages and normal ground entrance, lack of sufficient plough-back funding to junior league development and development of the code as a whole, the condoning of felons to superstar status, the condoning of betting on footy creating potential social issues for the young and old just to name a few.

Our code is in turmoil and is being administered by a commission and day to day administration who sadly, do not know their bum from a pop gun !!

Rugby could well be the option, it's technical but sound.
The NRL is well in danger of being consumed by the AFL and soccer - the horses have just about bolted.
Netball is pretty good - not for the boys yet, but, you never know.

I appreciate your comment.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Lol ye the nrl is a joke but do u really wanna spend your Sundays watching a penalty shootout? That's how union is nowadays in my eyes idk about you but can be very slow and boring
Yeah but it's better run, more professional and it's an international sport. Plus he can earn more money with Union.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
PS do you watch Union? More tries these days, especially from the NZ teams.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
In addition they actually have referees who know what they are doing. They have more rules to enforce, more technicalities to police yet they make a decision most cases without the video referee, and correct ones at that. The running rugby is making a comeback and I have seen some damn good games and certainly more enterprising tries this past season than in a lot of NRL games this year. Our officials could certainly learn a lot from their rugby counterparts.

nikgan123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I only watch the odd international games but ye I see your point it is more professional. I've never minded the sport but its never really jelled with me mainly because of the reasons I stated. but ye if the NRL want to expand rugby league well they have to pull their finger out and throw some money at higher profile international games and growing the sport in developing countries. Also the NRLs management is trash

Status
Not open for further replies.