Opinion Thanks for the service Beastwood

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully the club can offer him some sort of role, outside of the game.

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will miss the big fella, great memories. A True Bulldog.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He made a hell of a lot of line breaks over the years from nothing, loved him

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
See ya Beast.

Can you please teach the rest of the forward squad, your technique to nail players in defence.
Never got tired of seeing that!

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There’s not a senior forward in the game that hasn’t been smashed at some stage by this bloke....so many times I’ve seen guys get hit by Eastwood then take a look up to see who the fuck was that!

Great player, Well done Beastwood and good luck!

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Beasty only came to the Bulldogs after his move to Leeds was delayed due to visa problems, we gave him a lifeline. He then was granted a visa clearance to go to Leeds & after 1 year he wanted to come home. Only problem was that Leeds didn't want to release him. They agreed as long as a transfer fee of $120k was paid. Eastwood had fallen in love with the Bulldogs when he was there & agreed to pay the $120k out of his own pocket - $60k per year over 2 years. I seem to remember he injured his wrists over there & there were complications with those injuries.

He gave the club valuable service for many years & took unders at the start of his last contract with a huge back-end to help the club out. Plenty of supporters hurled significant amounts of abuse at Beasty because all they looked at was the (depending on which report you read) $750-$850k he was on in his last season. That was unwarranted. Sure he wasn't worth that last years salary but he was worth more than what he was given upfront.

Ask ANY player at the Bulldogs what they think of him & they will tell you how much they love him especially the Kiwi boys. I think we benefitted significantly for having him at the Bulldogs. I wish him nothing but the best for him in his future - he gave me plenty of great memories.

A true Bulldog legend.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Beasty only came to the Bulldogs after his move to Leeds was delayed due to visa problems, we gave him a lifeline. He then was granted a visa clearance to go to Leeds & after 1 year he wanted to come home. Only problem was that Leeds didn't want to release him. They agreed as long as a transfer fee of $120k was paid. Eastwood had fallen in love with the Bulldogs when he was there & agreed to pay the $120k out of his own pocket - $60k per year over 2 years. I seem to remember he injured his wrists over there & there were complications with those injuries.

He gave the club valuable service for many years & took unders at the start of his last contract with a huge back-end to help the club out. Plenty of supporters hurled significant amounts of abuse at Beasty because all they looked at was the (depending on which report you read) $750-$850k he was on in his last season. That was unwarranted. Sure he wasn't worth that last years salary but he was worth more than what he was given upfront.

Ask ANY player at the Bulldogs what they think of him & they will tell you how much they love him especially the Kiwi boys. I think we benefitted significantly for having him at the Bulldogs. I wish him nothing but the best for him in his future - he gave me plenty of great memories.

A true Bulldog legend.
Excellent overview. The Surgery to both his wrists were botched overseas. His lack of form can only be attributed to the one person who shall remain nameless. Alot of the criticism was indeed unwarranted. Good luck Beast.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If only he'd accept a small contract a year at a time to keep him keen.

A true champion and a Bulldog, and infact our second longest serving player (a handful less games than Tolman who is out longest serving player).
17th longest serving player of all time Beastwood is.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If only he'd accept a small contract a year at a time to keep him keen.

A true champion and a Bulldog, and infact our second longest serving player (a handful less games than Tolman who is out longest serving player).
17th longest serving player of all time Beastwood is.
WoW didn't know that. So if he is indeed No or equal 17 longest serving player at our club, he makes the bench amongst legend's before him.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

A true Bulldog legend.
Respect given to that post mate.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
I will never forget the 2012 preliminary final against Bunnies being there and seeing Big Ol Eastwood runnin away from G.I. on the buzzer to score under the sticks to top off a 32-12 thrashing that would send us to the big one. ANZ was electric that night Thanks for the memories Beastwood!!

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score
For a big fella he sure could throw a pass... loved his big hits ... sad to see him go

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will never forget the 2012 preliminary final against Bunnies being there and seeing Big Ol Eastwood runnin away from G.I. on the buzzer to score under the sticks to top off a 32-12 thrashing that would send us to the big one. ANZ was electric that night Thanks for the memories Beastwood!!
Capped off a great night!

That really should have been our year, we'd been to hell (08) and back and played the most entertaining football the dogs had played in almost a decade.

The highlights package isn't the same with a losing GF at the end of it.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Capped off a great night!

That really should have been our year, we'd been to hell (08) and back and played the most entertaining football the dogs had played in almost a decade.

The highlights package isn't the same with a losing GF at the end of it.

Just happened to get Melbourne when they produce one of their best performances... Why couldn't they have put in an effort like the one they did against the Rorters ffs