Tevita pangai jr to debut for penrith

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Until JJ starts playing at a level that puts him at about our 4th or 5th best middle forward in terms of whole of game performance, he has to be in the team, he has earned it, and we don't have another player at the moment that does the vital stuff he does as well as he does it.

But he isn't the link man needed for that type of system, at least not to the quality of Yeo or Radley. Jimmy G was a good link man from prop, but I don't see Thommo or TPG being that good. When we want to do an expansive play we need a few different options. I wonder if Cook might provide some answers there, he is an unknown for me, but has some pretty big talk around him.

Alternatively with guys like Thommo and TPG (and Vaughan) charging down the middle, we should start getting some more offloads. With some genuine speed and evasion in Burton, Dufty, Naden, Hetho, and of course JAC, maybe we should be focusing on winning quick PTB is looking for gaps/2nd phase play in the middle third. Keep the expansive plays/backline spreads as a variation.
can see dufty , averillo and hopefully JMK hanging off TPJ offloades next year. Dufty and Averillo especially support good through the middle.

Malla

Reaction score
Without him taking on the storm pack Penrith dont get on top,such a great signing
Agree totally
He laid the platform in early stages
Fisher Harris has been so passive since coming back
If TPJ doesn’t play next week Panthers middles will struggle a bit

Malla

Reaction score
TPJ was super last night in the middle, that is his position. Hope that puts to bed people wanting him on an edge
100000%
So aggressive and strong
Only thing I would like to see is a bit better fitness but having a front row of him and Vaughan would be awesome!!!

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Agree totally
He laid the platform in early stages
Fisher Harris has been so passive since coming back
If TPJ doesn’t play next week Panthers middles will struggle a bit
Fisher Harris knee not 100% thats why. They get Leota back next week also.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Ahh yes Leota. Still think they were better with Pangai starting tbh..
yeh agree, never really rated leota but he has really stepped it up this year. if you watch fisher harris chase down Hughes he goes down clutching at his knee. Still played on, one tough ****

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100000%
So aggressive and strong
Only thing I would like to see is a bit better fitness but having a front row of him and Vaughan would be awesome!!!
I’m actually in disbelief, our pack looks ffkngood , they just seem to fit the bulldogs so well. TPJ A MIGHTY MEATY MAN

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Hopefully its not all that bad. Cause we don't need him over the offseason only doing rehab work.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope Penrith don't push him to play with injury and cause worse injury. I mean, why wouldn't they?

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kind of had a feeling he would miss what a shame for him after a tough 2nd half of this year, hopefully not too serious for the big fella and will be ready to rip in early Nov.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Break his heart if he misses a GF, reckon he will front and brave through it.