Tesi niu

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Thoughts and what I am hearing Brisbane can’t offer him a contract due to salary cap issues so what’s ur thoughts

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't mind Tesi Niu as a player but we have plenty of outside backs... WE NEED FORWARDS!
Yh we also need someone to REPLACE ALLAN AT Centre because when cotric comes back he is most likely playing centre BUT yes fowards is more concerning

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Thoughts and what I am hearing Brisbane can’t offer him a contract due to salary cap issues so what’s ur thoughts
i rate him big time, but wed have to move some of our existing outside backs on to sign him otherwise the salary cap would not be balanced.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
My thoughts are what the fuck Are they doing with their salary cap
paying players to play elsewhere + buying players like Reynolds and Capewell (also bought Brenko Lee from Storm after a good season, probably someone else I'm forgetting).

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
paying players to play elsewhere + buying players like Reynolds and Capewell (also bought Brenko Lee from Storm after a good season, probably someone else I'm forgetting).
the Broncos have also retained and upgraded a number of players --> Staggs, Piakura, Riki, Cobbo, Hetherington etc.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he was any good they would keep him,and from what I’ve seen of him,doesn’t inspire me,

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If he was any good they would keep him,and from what I’ve seen of him,doesn’t inspire me,
Broncos have let go of some handy players over the last couple of years. I haven't seen Niu have a freak performance like a few of the others but I wouldn't be surprised if ones coming in the near future.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
in truth, the management at the Broncos has been crap for years

* got rid of Bennett for a relatively unproven Siebold and then gave him a 5-6 year contract
* bungled the signing of Sam Walker which should have been a slam dunk for them considering he is Ipswich raised and the son of an ex-Bronco
* let Reece Walsh walk
* neglected their spine and in particular, their halfback position losing in a short span of time the likes of Ben Hunt, Ash Taylor and the Nikorimas
* signed Storm reject, Brodie Croft, to a $400K+ a season contract only to play reserve grade
* signed Corey Oates to a $500K+ a season contract with a player option for 2022 only to play reserve grade
* made Anthony Milford the highest paid Bronco ever with a near $1 million a season deal
* signed a centre, Jack Bird, for $900K+ a season
* signed Matt Lodge to a deal for about $800K a season and incredibly gave Lodge player options for 2023 and 2024... madness
* signed too many similar players for too much money - Lodge, Flegler, Haas, Riki, Piakura, Carrigan, TPJ etc.
* it is unfortunate but you cannot be too loyal with veteran players in a salary cap league as the Broncos were with the likes of Boyd, McCullough, Glenn etc.
* in the most difficult period for the club, the Broncos give the club over to an unproven coach (at NRL level) in Kevvie Walters
etc.

the Broncos should be a sure bet for the top 8 every year... the fact that they got blown out by Parramatta of all teams in the first week of the finals in 2019 to the tune of 58-0, won the wooden spoon last year and are bottom 2 again with us is shocking

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If Bronx are having salary cap problems we can take Haas of their hands to help out
He's on a very good deal at the Broncos which helps correct some of the bad calls/deals they've done. It'd never happen, they'd hold him hostage (probably meet in the middle and upgrade him soon too).