1. The Kennel is saddened to hear of the passing of one of their much loved members (Izzy Forreal).

Kennelers are invited to pay their respects in the following threads:

Vale: Izzy Forreal

Official Site Statement
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Terry Lamb offers Kieran Foran a helping hand

Discussion in 'Bulldogs Discussion' started by Vlasnik, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Vlasnik

Vlasnik Immortal

MICHAEL CARAYANNIS, The Sunday Telegraph
    November 12, 2017 8:00am

THE best player to wear the No.6 jersey in Canterbury’s history has vowed to do whatever is needed to help Kieran Foran rekindle his best form.

Terry Lamb has endorsed Foran as the man to steer the Bulldogs back into finals contention and he wants to lend a hand.

Already Lamb has come on board as part of the club’s “captain’s circle” — an initiative which will involve Lamb and other Canterbury premiership winning captains including Steve Mortimer, George Peponis, Peter Tunks and Andrew Ryan forming a constant presence at Belmore next year.

But with favourite son Josh Reynolds now a Tiger, Lamb has backed Foran to star in the same jersey which Lamb wore when he led the side to a premiership in 1995.

UPDATE: Old school is new at Belmore

[​IMG]
    There is a sense of optimism around Foran now. (AAP Image/Daniel Munoz)
    “Kieran is an incredible player,” Lamb said. “He has been a good player for a number of years. He has a few niggling injuries at the moment but he will fit into the club perfectly as long as he trains well.

“I know he is a good trainer. He can bring so much to the club and can teach some of our halves what to do and what not to do.

“The kid can play. He didn’t play for New Zealand for nothing. He has a representative player. He has played a lot of football. He knows how to guide a team around with the confidence.”

Foran was officially unveiled as a Bulldog last week, joining the rest of his teammates in pre-season training.

[​IMG]
    Bulldogs greats Andrew Ryan, George Peponis, Peter Tunks, Terry Lamb, and Steve Mortimer. Picture. Phil Hillyard
    Foran was welcomed with a picture of Lamb and Lamb’s playing statistics inside his locker room at Belmore.

It is part of a change of Bulldogs culture where all players’ lockers are aligned with greats of the club, with Foran a natural fit to shadow Lamb’s past deeds.

Lamb has already made a beeline for the club’s high-profile signing and has tabled an open offer to Foran.

“I was here (the other) week with him and spent half an hour with him,” Lamb said. “Chatting to him about his family and where he is living. Everything is positive with him.

“If he asks for (my help) I’m happy to jump in. I don’t want to do it if they don’t want me. If (coach) Dean (Pay) asks me to have a chat with them I will.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...d/news-story/ed9f686817eef1fcdbad206c22514e13

• Like Like x 7
  2. Baseball Furies

Baseball Furies Kennel Enthusiast

I absolutely love Terry Lamb, my favourite Bulldog of all time, hopefully some of his attributes rub off on Foran.

I'm really enjoying the amount of goodwill around the club at the moment, it really does seems like the family club again.

• Like Like x 16
  3. Kelpie03

Kelpie03 Forum Regular

How refreshing to see former club greats becoming involved with the current players, motivation and confidence is in my opinion far more important than on field Structures and coaching. Us fans should thank whoever was responsible for bringing all the past premiership winning Captains back.
    Baa you have proven once again what a great person your are, and how great you have been for our club by offering to give Foran whatever help he want's.
    What I believe we need most after the disaster of the last few years is more people like Baa who can instill our club's culture on our current players and help them with their individual skills.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Rockford

Rockford Forum Regular Gilded

He has seriously one of the strongest handshakes I've ever seen. LOL he isn't even trying and it's like a clamp on your hand. Love the bloke.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kaz

Kaz Kennel Addict

Looks like Lamb has beaten Eastwood to the food table on numerous occasions.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Doggone1975

Doggone1975 Participant

Terry Lamb encapsulates what the D.O.W. are all about. He is the DNA / Blueprint for a return to the old school days.... They bled blue and white back then. I'm so fricking excited about 2018... The futures so bright I gotta wear shades!!!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Wolfmother

Wolfmother Immortal

Doesn't matter who's at the helm..Its all about the players.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Boxer

Boxer THE BOSS Gilded

Agree we need players to give it 110% every game.

9. Wolfmother

Wolfmother Immortal

We have been missing a hooker, 2 halves and a fullback since 2013 because Des wanted a team of forwards

• Like Like x 3
    • Best Post Best Post x 1
  10. Papa Het

Papa Het <<<<<NOT ALL>>>>> Gilded

Des got what he wanted
    Then got what he deserved

So glad he is gone

We can now move forward

• Like Like x 4
  11. Wolfmother

Wolfmother Immortal

With less forwards

• Like Like x 1
  12. Papa Het

Papa Het <<<<<NOT ALL>>>>> Gilded

Yes a proper footy team

13. Mr Invisible

Mr Invisible Super Mod Staff Member Premium Member Gilded

I think we are the perfect club (now) to get Forans life back on track.

Have you see George Rose recently? Faaaarrrrk .. he looks like he ate the Storm team bus when he left.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. DrBulldog

DrBulldog Participant

One of the guys from head office said the vibe is so good now. Having all the formal players handing around. And yes moses will be tried at full back as already discussed.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Kaz

Kaz Kennel Addict

When he was a bit slimmer.

[​IMG]

I called Greenpeace.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. ElMagicElMasri

ElMagicElMasri Kennel Enthusiast

We should thank ourselves then. The fans caused this change.

• Like Like x 1
  17. tonee

tonee Super Moderator Staff Member Gilded

Make Bulldogs great again

• Like Like x 1
  18. Wahesh

Wahesh The Forefather of The Kennel

Keiran Foran... TAKE NOTE. It's not everyday a Bulldogs immortal offers you something as invaluable as this. GRAB IT WITH BOTH HANDS!!!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Bob dog

Bob dog Hectik defence

With a history of personal issues and club swapping he will need a bit of someone to talk to when he is ready, good on someone willing to be there.

20. G_Dog_Rota

G_Dog_Rota Moderator Staff Member

Can someone offer him a pair of hamstrings rather than a hand...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1