Terry Lamb backs Josh Reynolds to boost Canterbury Bulldogs to top four finish

Status
Not open for further replies.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-top-four-finish/story-fni3g67w-1227456659656

BULLDOGS legend Terry Lamb has backed Canterbury five-eighth Josh Reynolds as the X-factor to drive the club towards a top-four finish.

The Bulldogs are preparing to host Cronulla in front of a sold-out crowd at Belmore Sports Ground on Sunday in a match with major ramifications for the NRL ladder.

It’s the second time this year Canterbury have featured in a game at the club’s spiritual home, with the Bulldogs also set to stage a live site complete with a big screen in the adjoining Terry Lamb Reserve.

With both clubs inside the top eight on 22 points, the *outcome could have a major influence on the make-up of the NRL finals.

Canterbury Bulldogs legend Terry Lamb and playmaker Josh Reynolds ready for the Belmore Oval clash. Picture: Gregg Porteous

“I’m a huge supporter of Josh, especially being a Canterbury junior. You don’t see too many of them in the game these days, local juniors at the one club,” Lamb said.

“Josh is one of my favourites, he’s nice and aggressive and in your face on every play.

“Like all players, he’s got his flaws but he absolutely loves the club and it’s great to see players like him get an opportunity to experience playing at Belmore.

“Hopefully, he’s about to *really hit some form and lead us into the finals.

“I think we’re in a better position physically this year than we were when we made last year’s grand final and it’s a bit of a luxury to have a player like Moses Mbye on the bench.”

Lamb has experienced the wonderful history of Belmore first-hand.

A Bulldogs junior, he rejoined the club in 1984 after a short stint at Western Suburbs and fondly recalls the reign of Canterbury’s godfather Peter “Bullfrog” Moore.

Highlights include the Warren Ryan era, when the club won premierships in 1985 and ’88, and characters such as Peter Kelly, Paul Langmack, Steve Mortimer and Peter Tunks.

“I remember my mum used to sit next to Bullfrog during games and drink scotch and smoke cigarettes. They were the old days,” Lamb said.

“You’d look up into the grandstand and they would be having a great time.

“The other club man who was always Bullfrog’s right-hand man was Barry Nelson.

“Those two did so much for this club and it’s great to see “Punchy” (Nelson) still turns up to every home game. He’ll be there at Belmore with bells on against the Sharks.

“I remember one of my first games at Belmore was against Western Suburbs and the Bulldogs got the better of them. The crowd’s so close to the action it really is something special.

“I’m a Bulldog through and through but I’ve still got a soft spot for the Magpies. They gave me my start and helped me serve my apprenticeship.

“I loved the first Back to Belmore match against Melbourne. I saw some faces I hadn’t seen for years and they were all enjoying every minute of things. Especially the scoreline against Melbourne. This won’t be an easy match against *Cronulla.”

The Bulldogs will be opposing a couple of familiar faces in Cronulla hooker *Michael Ennis and 2012 Dally M medallist Ben Barba.

The Sharks have been the surprise packet of the season after a terrible start, with the club a strong chance of causing an upset despite the hostile Belmore crowd.

“They’re playing some very strong football and with Michael Ennis and Ben Barba, there’ll be a little bit of Belmore on the opposite side of the park,” Lamb said.

“The trick is making the top four. If you can’t make the top four, it’s very difficult to go all the way.”

JAYDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So any word on jr's shoulder? Is it bad? Havent been on here for a few hours! Still pissed off..

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sick of Reynolds immature shit, we should of went to Golden point.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Josh reynolds is so close to crossing that line between a good player and being a liability to the team I love his give it a hundred percent attitude but im wearing thin on his actions potentially costing us games and copping suspensions

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Lamb has lost his f*cking marbles.

I'm not even going to bother reading the article, the heading says it all. I love Reynolds, but he's pushing it with some of his over the top aggression.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i turned it off after valentine scored off that ennis kick.

what did reynolds do? reading the thread, valentine milked it hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.