Status
Not open for further replies.

1eyedfanatic

OnThePunt
Reaction score
'Terror' prank 'harmless joke'
By Steve Mascord and Josh Massoud
July 18, 2006

THE Bulldogs claim wing Andrew Emelio was impersonating a ninja - not a terrorist - when he stood in the background of a TV interview last Friday with a makeshift balaclava over his face.

Emelio told club bosses it was a common occurrence on Channel 10 reality show Big Brother, but in an ironic twist a TV crew from the same network was yesterday warned off attending Dogs training after reporting Emelio's stunt as a terrorist joke.

"Andrew was just clowning around pretending to be a ninja," Bulldogs chief executive Malcolm Noad said yesterday.

"We told him it probably wasn't the smartest prank but it was in the sanctity of the dressing room. We're disappointed Channel 10 chose to run it as a terrorist story."

Emelio was pictured in the background with a shirt over his face after the Bulldogs beat St George-Illawarra last Friday while Reni Maitua was being interviewed by a Ten journalist.

Yesterday's events came as the Bulldogs were scheduled to host their first Friday night game since March, when crowd violence marred their round-two clash with the Wests Tigers.

The Dogs will play the Broncos at Telstra Stadium on August 18, although NRL chief operating officer Graham Annesley played down the match's significance last night, saying the Belmore club had not been subject to a Friday night ban.

"It's a Channel 9 decision - that was the stand-out game of the round," Annesley said.

"There's no night ban on the Bulldogs. Our scheduling involves games over three days and some clubs do not always get their preferred scheduling."

The Bulldogs were yesterday installed as outright favourites to win the competition at $3.75.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Who ****ing Cares: Not Me

BILLYA-BULLDOG

DOGS 4 LIFE
Reaction score
In The Currant Climate Very Stupid Media Always Tring To Hammer Dogs He Should Know Better

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dogs are very short favs at 3.75.

Far out. I would of hoped for us to be at 10 LoL. Easiest way to get your money back ten fold. LoL

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
To me it just shows how precious most people now are and how their thinking has been changed and twisted by the media.

10 years ago, the first thing most people whould have thought of would be a ninja, but now with all the terrorist crap being rammed down their throat, they think entirely different.

Its a sad sad world we currently live in

dvsbastard

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TBH I will never take my children to another Bulldogs post match change room again FFS

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
The media is becoming more and more ridiculous. Seriously, is this all they have to talk about with what is going on in the world. They are unbelievable, these morons.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
1eyedfanatic said:
Emelio told club bosses it was a common occurrence on Channel 10 reality show Big Brother, but in an ironic twist a TV crew from the same network was yesterday warned off attending Dogs training after reporting Emelio's stunt as a terrorist joke.

" We're disappointed Channel 10 chose to run it as a terrorist story."
hahahhaa @ not letting them into see them train thats funny

NOW IF I WORKED FOR THE TELEGRAPH THIS IS HOW THE STORY WOULD OF READ AND ALL I HAVE DONE IS CU AND PASTE THE STORY HAHAHA

THE Bulldogs claim wing Andrew Emelio was a terrorist - when he stood in the background of a TV interview last Friday with a makeshift balaclava over his face.

Emelio told Channel 10 a TV crew from the same network to run it as a terrorist story."

Emelio was pictured in the background with a shirt over his face was being interviewed by a Ten journalist.

PHELPSY

DEEEEEEBO
Reaction score
omg the media is so freken LAME! like seriously.. they hav nuthing to talk bout.

Brissy Bulldog

Proud to be a Bulldog
Reaction score
Footy Show this week - An open forum panel "Terror in the Sheds" !

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I found it disturbing thst Emelio watches Big Brother :confused:

dvsbastard said:
BTW... a massive LOL at "Dressed like a Terrorist"...

WTF does a terrorist actually dress like? I always thought they were a T-Shirt that said "Look at me - I am a ****in Terrorist"... MORONS!

This video comes to mind:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McB9tsabPn0
LOL

I seriously have tears in my eyes, I love the Chasers

Status
Not open for further replies.