Tepai Moreoa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
From news.com
Eels young gun forward Tepai Moreoa is also carrying a shoulder injury but the Parramatta camp is confident the rookie backrower will play against the Warriors.

Are they serious ??
The way that kid was carrying his shoulder, he's going to play next week ? in Auckland too, with a shortened week ??
He's only 19. He'll be broken by 24.
I bet my balls, by season 2019, no-one knows who this kid is.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It would be a pity if they destroy the kid before he gets to his best. He's a bit of a monster already at 19

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He's got nerve damage in that shoulder. He copped it again last week and went off. Franky targetted him all night and Tepai still put in. Kid is tough as nails.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He's got nerve damage in that shoulder. He copped it again last week and went off. Franky targetted him all night and Tepai still put in. Kid is tough as nails.
Do you know if the nerve damage is similar to Matai's? Matai still managed to have a decent career, hope Tepai can kick on also. Can't believe he is 19, he is like the bloody hulk aha

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just thinking along these lines when I saw his name in the forum frontpage. Huge potential but ahead of his time in size and power so unfortunately I can see him having injury after injury.

Let's hope they put his future welfare ahead of present day success. His minutes need to be managed as well there's no way his joints could be ready for week in week out full on first grade.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
From news.com
Eels young gun forward Tepai Moreoa is also carrying a shoulder injury but the Parramatta camp is confident the rookie backrower will play against the Warriors.

Are they serious ??
The way that kid was carrying his shoulder, he's going to play next week ? in Auckland too, with a shortened week ??
He's only 19. He'll be broken by 24.
I bet my balls, by season 2019, no-one knows who this kid is.
This early in the season it is crazy to risk long term injury. Why not give him a rest and let him heal, he is young and should not take as long as say a player 30 years of age to get it right. I may be mistaken but I think he is the guy they have been saying has a chronic nerve injury in his shoulder.Not in all cases, but this is one of the reasons young promising players develop lingering injuries that can sometimes hamper their first grade careers.

Malla

Reaction score
If it's a simple case of nerve or muscle damage that can't get any worse then it's not much of a risk playing him. I think he wants to play more than anything too. Plus it's all upper body so that isn't so bad.

If it were his joints or his legs that were the issues then they would have to sit him out to prevent long term damage.

It was mentioned on the commentary that as he came off the field he was getting respect from the Doggies bench - thats a massive wrap from one of the best and most feared forward packs in the comp.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Sounded to me (how it was described) that it's an impingement. If that's the case I know exactly what he's going through as my shoulders suffer from it.

AC joint swells when bumped or knocked badly, and the restricts movement in the arm and causes pain.

Cortisone shot and that resolves the swelling, then you just let it settle down.

Status
Not open for further replies.