Tenth anniversary salary cap scandal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's been ten years to the day that the salary cap scandal news broke, 2002 was the year we won 17 straight then had our points stripped just before the semi finals.
It was a day Bulldog fans had their hearts ripped out, the NRL had never seen anything like it. God I hope nothing like this ever happens again.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
you wouldn't really refer to it as an anniversary, more as a day which symbolises a nightmare to forget and never occur again.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
you wouldn't really refer to it as an anniversary, more as a day which symbolises a nightmare to forget and never occur again.
Tragedy is still referred to this way isn't it?
You could call it 'Bulldog rememberance day'.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
News broke on the 23rd August 2002, my birthday..sob.

MrDogzOfWar

Dogz At War!
Reaction score
How Brutal was that day, The Bulldogs players were shocked and fans.. Man i hope that doesn't happen again.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Happy day of birth mate. The past is cloudy - future's bright.

Wyzguy

Bulldog Tragic
Reaction score
Still have a copy of the SMH with Steve ellis( huge doggies fan) on the front cover in tears .....

Number13

Management
Reaction score
It's been ten years to the day that the salary cap scandal news broke, 2002 was the year we won 17 straight then had our points stripped just before the semi finals.
It was a day Bulldog fans had their hearts ripped out, the NRL had never seen anything like it. God I hope nothing like this ever happens again.
Let that be lesson to all supporters of clubs who are actually rorting the salary cap. Case in point, Melbourne.

Wyzguy

Bulldog Tragic
Reaction score
Remember the raiders game.... People were crying ....players came over To the army at end of the game

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
ironic that ten years later, we play the raiders again as our next game..

i still remember that kate mclymont b!atch from the smh that broke the scandel, and then the smug arrogant gallop when he stripped our points.... stupid oasis project leaks screwed us in the end...

We lost good people like Bob Hagan because of this sh!t..

Felt so sorry for Folkesy and the team,

Blackys Dogs

Waterboy
Reaction score
In Dessies worrd "his sould has not been cleansed"
This event pissed me off and until we win 17 in a row and the chapionship my soul will finally be cleansed!
The rule stated if you cheat the salarey cap you will loose a maximum of 8 points - That was the NRL's rules at the time.
They stripped us of 37!!!!

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Wow , what sad memories . I was a dogs member and living in Wollongong , went down to the Canberra game and when Steve Mortimer addressed the Bulldog fans he stood on my seat ! Talk about highs and lows , had my gf ticket , watched us beat the Broncos in our last home game , and left the gf in tears wondering if it could have been us :-)
The January after that I got a Bulldogs tattoo to show my support for our club and 2 yrs later ,after the Coffs Harbour scandal we win the comp . Was a very turbulent time in the clubs history and 8 long years later we have a real good chance of something great .
God I love the mighty Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
Damn. I had totally wiped this from my memory, ohhh well, off to the Doctors again...... More electric shock treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.