Teenager certain to come into contention as Bulldogs search for replacements for Brett, Josh Morris

Status
Not open for further replies.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don’t know , can you go be a coach and show him ? SOS sos you’re so wise they need you to show them!
??? You said he was good at half of the game and I asked about the other half? You are supposed to tel me what the go is.... I asked you a question?

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No use being the family club if you can’t get his young family over

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The story has this text:

"The goalkicking outside back will be moved onto a development contract in 2019 and it is expected he’ll be promoted into a top 30 contract the year after that."

When is the deadline to confirm the top 30 for 2019? Is it after next years trial matches or before? We dont have a lot of centre depth so why not just put him in the top 30? Others clubs like Brisbane and Storm give youngsters a chance so maybe give this guy an opportunity as he is certainly getting some good wraps.
I just dont understand this top 30 concept and how it works

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
??? You said he was good at half of the game and I asked about the other half? You are supposed to tel me what the go is.... I asked you a question?
He was re signed in 2016, scored many tries and was great, couldn’t fault him.. especially under high ball, this year he has been average at best nkt to mention defence issues . He will be good next year I’m sure they will pin point his faults

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speaking of youngsters does anybody know if braiden burns Is contracted next year with the bunnies? The kid has great footwork for a centre, reminds me of Joey manu and would definitely come on the cheap. We haven't had a centre with great footwork since Nigel vagana

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont mind Montoya but Bergamin and Crighton have to be our wingers next yr.

Montoya can have a shot at centre if Hoppa plays FB otherwise Hoppa and Smith should be our centres.

All I know is Pay has to take next pre-season and trials seriously enough to determine a top 30 and more so the right team.
Wouldn't mind seeing Reimes having a go at centre I think he will do well

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The story has this text:

"The goalkicking outside back will be moved onto a development contract in 2019 and it is expected he’ll be promoted into a top 30 contract the year after that."

When is the deadline to confirm the top 30 for 2019? Is it after next years trial matches or before? We dont have a lot of centre depth so why not just put him in the top 30? Others clubs like Brisbane and Storm give youngsters a chance so maybe give this guy an opportunity as he is certainly getting some good wraps.
I just dont understand this top 30 concept and how it works
What is a development contract? Does that mean he can not get a shot in fg

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a champion player he was for us, we haven't had a centre with footwork like him since he left us
Mate the glory days ! Remember being the under dog and proving people wrong , 2004 grand final still makes me cry was my first ever bet and I won $12.00 or something good times but one club that will never be kept down is the doggies , too Rich, too tough and too much pride . We will be back

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s better of staying on the wing to use his height for kicks and he’s really good at the early runs to start a set. We would lose those if he plays centre.
Fair point it's good to have a fairly tall winger for once

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
didn't do a lot on the weekend.. let's see how he goes this weekend in a knockout game

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Only a kid
First year (half year) playing grown ass men....cut him some slack

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only a kid
First year (half year) playing grown ass men....cut him some slack
Yeah - great prospect. Has obvious attacking potential but I really like his mongrel in defence. Just needs experience but he must be in our top 30 and experiening some FG next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.