Fox Sports Teen sensation’s meeting with Gould, Bennett amid ugly Broncos standoff

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
BRONCOS YOUNGSTER WANTS OUT

Broncos young gun Karl Oloapu has reportedly begun meeting with rival clubs, desperately looking to depart the Red Hill club.

The young gun signed a three-year deal with Brisbane in January and claimed he was given the guarantees of being in the top 30 squad, and also playing five-eighth.

The 18-year-old went as fair as saying “I will never play for Brisbane as long as I live” and according to WWOS, Oloapu is ready to walk out the door.

The Australian Schoolboys captain is reportedly refusing to train with the Broncos due to the promises not being met.

The Broncos are willing to let the rising star go, but will be seeking a transfer fee from any club willing to sign him.

Wayne Bennett’s Dolphins are reportedly interested in Oloapu’s services, while Bulldogs supremo Phil Gould also reportedly met with the young half.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rugby League prodigy Karl Oloapu’s ugly contract dispute with the Brisbane Broncos has reached boiling point.

The youngster, who is contracted to the Broncos for the next three years and has been in their academy since he was 13, has declared he will never play for the club as long as he lives.

The Australian Schoolboys captain reportedly signed with the Broncos on the proviso he would be included in the club’s top 30 squad for 2023.

He was steaming at the ears, then, when he found out he was left out of the 30-man squad this week. He believes it’s one of a number of promises the club made to him and broke, leaving him disgruntled.

The Broncos released a statement on Tuesday, claiming the NRL has investigated and ticked off the club’s dealings with Oloapu and his camp.

“Prior to signing that contract, we worked from late November 2021 with Karl, his family and his then-manager to reach an agreement on a contract extension,” Broncos’ recruitment and academy head Simon Scanlan said.

“The day before the final contract was signed in late January this year, Karl and his family chose to part ways with that manager.

“It was not until June this year – shortly after Karl and his family engaged a new player manager – that we received a request for a substantial upgrade to his three-year contract which had not even begun.

Contracted player Karl Oloapu; and Broncos CEO Dave Donaghy.
Contracted player Karl Oloapu; and Broncos CEO Dave Donaghy. Credit: Getty
“We denied that request but committed to reviewing it during the 2024 season. Subsequently, a player release was requested.

“Both the NRL and RLPA have reviewed the situation at the request of the player agent and no wrongdoing by the club was found.”

But Oloapu and his new manager, Matt Adamson, have taken exception to the Broncos’ hand-washing of the dispute, calling out one glaringly obvious inconsistency.

“The NRL has told us it has made no decision yet, so we have no idea how the Broncos can say that,” Adamson said.

Matthew Faulkner from the NRL then confirmed Adamson’s claim.

“We are still looking into the matter; no final determination has been made,” the NRL said.
It’s understood Oloapu is also claiming he was forced to sign the contract without having the chance to receive legal advice.
“I just want a release and a chance to play football,” Oloapu said.
“I can promise you one thing: I will never play for Brisbane as long as I live.
“They have broken promises to me and left me broken-hearted.”
Broncos CEO Dave Donaghy says the club will dig its heels in.
“Karl earlier this year signed a three-year contract with the Broncos and the club will not be releasing Karl from this contract,” he said.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Someone msged me this other day. He can reveal himself if he wants lol

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
And you’re constantly whinging about the trolls….
I don’t flood threads with shit. I responded to Taz and me and him have had a laugh before. I don’t mind his odd joke and I’m sure he didn’t either. Different than creating numerous threads and spamming every thread with shit.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t flood threads with shit. I responded to Taz and me and him have had a laugh before. I don’t mind his odd joke and I’m sure he didn’t either. Different than creating numerous threads and spamming every thread with shit.
Well there was that long argument with someone in another thread. I’m just saying man…