Teen arrested at Belmore Sports Ground over the murder of Thomas Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janice

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Arrest at Belmore Sports Ground Last Night

Not sure if this is the right forum, but I was just watching the Today show and they said an 18 year old has been arrested at BSG last night over the murder of the young man in the Cross the other week, anybody got any more info.

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Wasn't a player, just some random watching the boys train.

The media are going to have a field day with this one.............

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah just posted this in another thread. It was an 18yr old arrested for the murder of Tom Kelly in the cross. Glad they caught the scumbag. U can bet the media will beat this up as typical bulldog supporters

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Spot on Doggfather, have been interstate and I just watched MSN news and they could not help themselves Firstly they precisely said the Belmore Sports Ground, Secondly they whacked the camera on the Bulldogs Logo spot lights and all, Thirdly they made sure they mentioned that he was watching a Bulldogs training session.

Why mention the venue where the T*rd was arrested?, why show the Bulldogs Logo?, and why mention he was watching a Bulldogs training session???
Why not just say he was arrested at a Belmore sporting field and taken to Campsie Police Station?? end of story!! the way they did it was as if the Bulldogs were being imp;yed as being part of this scumbags gutless actions.
What made it worse was it was Channel nine and I hate em!!!

pupii

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Gee the victim mentality is astounding. They said he was at BSG because he was.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
THEY have been desperate to see somebody arrested over the punch that killed their son.

And last night, Thomas Kelly's parents received the news they were hoping for.

Kieran Loveridge, just 18 years old like the man he allegedly king-hit in Kings Cross nearly two weeks ago, was arrested over Mr Kelly's death.

Detectives went to the Belmore Sports Ground yesterday evening and handcuffed the teenager as he sat in the grandstand with a friend watching a Canterbury Bulldogs coaching session.

Advertisement He was taken to Campsie police station and charged with one count of murder, one count of assault occasioning actual bodily harm and two counts of common assault.

Mr Kelly was hit as he walked through Kings Cross with his girlfriend and another friend just after 10pm on Saturday, July 7. The accounting cadet and former Kings School student was punched once in the head in an unprovoked attack. He died in hospital two days later when his parents, Ralph and Kathy Kelly, decided to switch off his life support.

After fronting a public appeal to find their son's killer, the ''devastated'' parents were ''taking things day by day'' as they prepared for Thomas's funeral at the Kings School in Parramatta tomorrow morning, said a close family friend, David Anstee.

He said last night that Ralph Kelly had been ''very keen'' to see an arrest. ''While it's good news for the family to have some conclusion to Thomas's inexplicable and sudden death, the bigger issue is getting to the bottom of why this crime and violence is happening on the levels that it is,'' Mr Anstee said.

Mr Kelly's death has sparked fierce debate in Sydney over alcohol-related violence in the city's popular nightspots and has prompted a four-day audit of every licensed venue in Kings Cross.

Strike Force Mohawk, comprising homicide squad detectives and Kings Cross officers, was formed to investigate the incident. It is headed by a Homicide Squad detective, Inspector Chris Olen, who also led the investigation into the Lin family killings.

The Police Assistant Commissioner, Mark Murdoch, assured the public this week that investigators were inching closer to an arrest after reviewing CCTV footage and receiving hundreds of pieces of information from the public.

It is understood police have built a circumstantial case against Mr Loveridge which includes some CCTV footage believed to be of him moving around the Kings Cross area on the night of the attack.

While the assault on Mr Kelly was not recorded, the Herald understands security cameras from a nightclub at the intersection of Victoria Street and Darlinghurst Road partially show Mr Loveridge punching another man just minutes before the attack on Thomas.

CCTV footage from another nearby club, Tunnel, has also been seized and may shed light on Loveridge's movements after he allegedly struck Mr Kelly.

One senior police source told the Herald last night Mr Loveridge allegedly may have attempted to attack one, possibly two other people that night.

Homicide investigators received a tipoff to the man's whereabouts yesterday afternoon and went the Belmore field immediately.

''We just needed a few things to fall into place and they did tonight,'' said a senior police source after the arrest.

Charbel Khoury, who was conducting a session for Bulldogs coaches at the Belmore Sports Ground last night said there were just two people in the grandstand watching the clinic which he thought was ''odd''.

Two detectives approached the young men, handcuffed one and took him away. He did not put up any resistance or attempt to flee, according to witnesses.

Mr Loveridge, who turned 18 in March, is a football fan, having played for Parramatta Touch Association. The teenager, believed to be from Glendenning, near Mount Druitt, had requested a solicitor and was awaiting his arrival late last night.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
was thomas kellys killer the kid from the cross - not sure why they had to make the arrest there though

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gee the victim mentality is astounding. They said he was at BSG because he was.
Lol that's true. If he were at Alliance watching the rorters, they would have reported that.

I've had 5 msgs this morning already saying u bloody bullwogs supporters! Wtf? I'm Aussie as they come lol.

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
I have watched a couple of reports on this on Channel 9. I came away thinking that they couldn't avoid saying that he was arrested at BSG. They made no link with the Bulldogs other than saying there was a training session on as that was relevant to why the guy was sitting in the stands.

On a positive note its pretty clear someone dobbed this "alleged" a**hole in. That's part of the good news and the second part of the good news is that he appears not to have a middle eastern name. I would say either he was with someone on the night who dobbed him or he told someone who dobbed him. Whoever it was it is good news that people won't tolerate or hide someone like that.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
was thomas kellys killer the kid from the cross - not sure why they had to make the arrest there though
Cos that's where they found him lol. They were gonna wait til he got home out of respect for the Bulldogs

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Cos that's where they found him lol. They were gonna wait til he got home out of respect for the Bulldogs
they should have waited for him to go home because we dont need the interuption

but the police are part of it, they waited for him to go to bsg to make it a story

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Moved to The Lounge for registered member only discussion/viewing. This does not directly affect Bulldogs Club/Team.

At 7:30pm it'd be after leaving training wouldn't it?

Alleged suspect named:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...y-in-kings-cross/story-e6freuzi-1226429435218

When I heard the name my ears pricked up... This isn't the same bloke whose name I've heard tossed around here before in relation to an alleged assault previously is it? The bloke who supposidely bashed Haztrick?

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure where this comment stands on a racism scale but **** I am glad that isn't an ethnic name. Be it islander, arab or asian.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Well either from Glendenning, Mt Druitt or Seven Hills depending on what article you read.

Either way chance of being a bogan .. pretty damn high!

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
When I heard the name my ears pricked up... This isn't the same bloke whose name I've heard tossed around here before in relation to an alleged assault previously is it? The bloke who supposidely bashed Haztrick?
Nope its not him

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

It was CBJRL Coach the Coach session. No players involved. Noddy, Patmore & coaching staff from Junior Rep sides ran it. Kicking myself that I missed it.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
It was CBJRL Coach the Coach session. No players involved. Noddy, Patmore & coaching staff from Junior Rep sides ran it. Kicking myself that I missed it.
The U20s were training there as well, the guy must have known a player from the u20s

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not positive If It's the same guy, but the guy charged with murder over that kinghit 11 days ago, his mates assaulted a cameraman outside of court, during the news before, they cut from a story and went back outside and showed the guy on the ground being assisted, and police were around the corner and had arrested the guy young. F*cking cowards.

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
apparently one of the supporters of the bloke who was arrested for the king hit, knocked out a camera man outside the court

Status
Not open for further replies.