Opinion Teams for Rooster

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Okay so we have a few options coming into the mix now once the bye is finished. Burns back. Patolo match fit. Nu Brown match fit. No more JR it seems and we have Morrin and Edwards making marks for their spots. I personally would go with something like this:

1. Perham (my choice would be Burns but probably not match fit enough for Rooster to play FB straight away and Perham just isn’t getting dropped i feel)
2. Kiraz (hopefully close to 100% back to his best ability in fitness)
3. Averillo
4. Alamoti
5. JAC (hopefully backs up, if not then Wilson)
6. Oloapu
7. Burton
8. King
9. Mahoney
10. TPJ (if he can’t backup, then RFM at prop like against Dragons where he played well)
11. Preston
12. Waddell/Okunbor
13. Edwards

14. Brown (need cover for Mahoney and can play middle plus he should be in the team anyways)
15. Patolo
16. RFM
17. Morrin/Hughes/Okunbor

18. Wilson

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Probably the best we can put in the park at the moment. Waddell had a poor outing yesterday. Got brushed off many tackles. He has been good for most parts this year so he gets a pass for now

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
1. Wilson
2. Kiraz
3. Avo
4. Alamoti
5. JAC
6. KO
7. Burton
8. King
9. Mahoney
10. TPJ
11. Preston
12. Ox
13. Edwards

14. Brown
15. Morrin
16. Patolo
17. Hughes

I know it won't happen but IMO, that's the strongest side we can field.

Last edited:

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where was RFM yesterday ?

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Perham is going to be in the side until season end unless injury hits or we manage to go on a bad run and he plays poorly. Seeing him jog when the try was scored on Kiraz wing was a turn off obviously we see the game from above but a first grade fullback should have read that and at least shown urgency. Heard Wilson “pound for pound” is one of the strongest at the club doesn’t get dominated in tackles too. Played fullback beforehand to everyone knows it, probably Ciraldo himself can see it surely but won’t disturb the team.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Perham is going to be in the side until season end unless injury hits or we manage to go on a bad run and he plays poorly. Seeing him jog when the try was scored on Kiraz wing was a turn off obviously we see the game from above but a first grade fullback should have read that and at least shown urgency. Heard Wilson “pound for pound” is one of the strongest at the club doesn’t get dominated in tackles too. Played fullback beforehand to everyone knows it, probably Ciraldo himself can see it surely but won’t disturb the team.
I think you’re right about not disturbing the team. I maybe wrong but I think Perham is at fullback mostly to direct the team in defense, I heard he’s a talker on the field. I can’t think of any other reason why he’s still there.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think you’re right about not disturbing the team. I maybe wrong but I think Perham is at fullback mostly to direct the team in defense, I heard he’s a talker on the field. I can’t think of any other reason why he’s still there.
It’s like watching Latrell when he first started at FB for Souths with Perham at fullback defensively he makes no effort. Shame he has zero ability in attack as well.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Wilson
2. Kiraz
3. Avo
4. Alamoti
5. JAC
6. KO
7. Burton
8. King
9. Mahoney
10. TPJ
11. Preston
12. Ox
13. Edwards

14. Brown
15. Morrin
16. Patolo
17. Hughes

Where is Waddell? cmon he has been pretty good this year. IQ definitely risen a few points since last year.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Where is Waddell? cmon he has been pretty good this year. IQ definitely risen a few points since last year.
100% he has been better than last year, apart from Sunday where he returned to his normal shitiness.

Only way he would be included into the team I named is if Patolo hasn't improved on last year. Everyone else has earned their spot this season thus far. Even then he or Patolo would make way for Pele.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It’s like watching Latrell when he first started at FB for Souths with Perham at fullback defensively he makes no effort. Shame he has zero ability in attack as well.
I don't hate the kid, but I definitely don't rate him a FG quality FB.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Probably the best we can put in the park at the moment. Waddell had a poor outing yesterday. Got brushed off many tackles. He has been good for most parts this year so he gets a pass for now
His 2 penalties for being in front of the kicker was standard Waddles.

Along with his 9 missed tackles and his 9 runs for 63m, needs to go back to reserves.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Wilson
2. Kiraz
3. Avo
4. Alamoti
5. JAC
6. KO
7. Burton
8. King
9. Mahoney
10. TPJ
11. Preston
12. Ox
13. Edwards

14. Brown
15. Morrin
16. Patolo
17. Hughes

is Pele still banned?

Lost Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1 Blake Wilson. 2 Jacob Kiraz. 3 Paul Alomoti. 4 Jake Averillo. 5 Fox. 6 Ko. 7 Burton. 8 King. 9 Mahoney. 10 TPJ 11J Preston.12 Sutton. 13 Edwards.14 Brown 15.OKO. 16 Hughes 17 Morrin.