Team vs Roosters

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Let’s be real, nothing will change too much because we can’t play Kiraz.

Schoupp will retain his position. Naden will come back into the wing and averillo will likely come back into the centre spot. Thompson most likely out so Ava will come in. Jackson will probably go to an edge and TPJ to lock

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Boy boy boys, Kiraz played well the 1st half. But please no more premature ejaculation over new players in the team on half a game.

Kiraz is not in the top 30.
He didn't really have an impact on the game other than a few jinking runs.
He is not a power centre.
Don't get me wrong, I think he has great potential.

We need to get the edge forwards out of the fucking way and give more early ball to the centre & wingers.
I would love to see a power centre that can run hard in the opposition 20 meters, bust tackles and offer another way to score tries.

Last edited:

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Let’s be real, nothing will change too much because we can’t play Kiraz.
Exactly, not sure why people aren't getting this. He got an exemption to play for one week. It's not fantasy league where you can ditch players from the top 30 as you please.

The reason he played like he did was because he had minimal time training with the top 30 and played a game like he's probably been coached in NSW cup. Put him in with Barrett for a few weeks and people will be calling for his head because he'll be playing that shit game plan.

If people really want to see the kid succeed 2023 is his year with a new coaching structure.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Boy boy boys, Kiraz played well the 1st half. But please no more premature ejaculation over new players in the team on half a game.

We need to get the edge forwards out of the fucking way and give more early ball to the centre & wingers.
I would love to see a power centre that can run hard in the opposition 20 meters, bust tackles and offer another way to score tries.
I think part of it is we are looking for light at the end of the dark tunnel. When a local junior comes through and shows promise it’s at least some excitement for us suffering fans. I do agree though that we need to give these kids time to develop. It’s very hard coming into losing environment, particularly losing games we were in the position to win, broncos x 2 & manly.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lots of problems for sure. But one major weakness is the lack of on field leadership.
Jackson is a failure as a leader, but needed for his defence. Due to his failures, JAC has tried to lead from the wing.
I would make Burton as skipper. He is trying to organise things now but Jackson keeps getting in the way.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes to Cook and BBO having a crack at hooker. Perhaps Fox deserves could switch it up with Dufty.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Exactly, not sure why people aren't getting this. He got an exemption to play for one week. It's not fantasy league where you can ditch players from the top 30 as you please.

The reason he played like he did was because he had minimal time training with the top 30 and played a game like he's probably been coached in NSW cup. Put him in with Barrett for a few weeks and people will be calling for his head because he'll be playing that shit game plan.

If people really want to see the kid succeed 2023 is his year with a new coaching structure.
Apparently hes been elevated to the top 30

BulldogsNation

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think this should be the team fair dinkum:

1. Brent Naden
2. Jayden Okunbor (His PCMs)
3. Jake Averillo
4. Corey Waddell (He'd tidy up the defence and provides a link to the Foxx)
5. Josh Addo Carr
6. Bradon Wakeham
7. Matt Dufty (The best ball playing skills we've got at the club)
8. Ava Seumanafagai (forward leader)
9. Jeremy Marshall King
10. Paul Vaughan
11. Tevita Pangai Jr.
12. Josh Jackson
13. Matt Burton (He's a better lock)

Bench
14. Kyle Flanagan (Can play hooker when King is tired)
15. Aaron Schoupp (Use him as a 2nd rower)
16. Max King
17. Luke Thompson
Dufty cannot kick a ball. How the fuck is he going to be halfback?

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck it. Seasons cooked. Give this a crack.

1. JAC
2. Naden
3. Schoupp
4. Kiraz
5. Okunbor (Allan if fit)
6. Burton
7. Flanagan
8. King
9. Cook
10. Vaughan
11. Jackson
12. Stimson
13. TPJ

14. BBO
15. Thompson
16. Seumanufagai
17.Waddell

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Exactly this. He played well but you’d think he had a Talakai type performance the way people here are prematurely going off. What’s the bet it won’t take long to turn on him