Official Team List Round 23 v Eels + Match Discussion

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There is so much that needs to be addressed with the team, it's not going to be a quick fix either. I do trust Gus to get the best people for the job, he cleary thinks Ciraldo is the first step.

Just sick of being let down after hearing the samething each year from the players and club. It's become like the boy who cried wolf.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I said this when people were jerking themselves silly over him talking about him being a million dollar half. He just doesn't approach the line like a ball player, he's either passing well before, running or kicking. He also plays too close to the sideline and that limits his passing options and pretty much always takes the fullback out the backs out of play.

Personally I think Burton is a fullback and if he didn't have his monster boot he probably would've been playing there by now.
Burton's defence is shithouse also so unless he fixes that he shouldn't be FB, you've got to be a good defender and he's not.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Why the f**k did the ball seem to end up with ZDK at really crucial times today?

He just ran it up 1 out and got smashed because he is a slow midget (sorry, I know that's not PC).

We have to structure or clue in attack.

We had several full sets in good attacking position and have no idea how to score
Halves!

hoody06

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
My theory, several players have been told see ya later and they've dropped heads. Season can't end quick enough!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
There is so much that needs to be addressed with the team, it's not going to be a quick fix either. I do trust Gus to get the best people for the job, he cleary thinks Ciraldo is the first step.

Just sick of being let down after hearing the samething each year from the players and club. It's become like the boy who cried wolf.
If the Dogs were a car you wouldn't want to touch it.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yep but it’s better than having a late season run like we did in 2018 and 2019 when the year is already done. Wins after you can’t make the semis mean fuck all and just paper over the cracks.

Look at the cowboys last year. I think they lost their last 8 or at least something like that. We actually had a decent attitude today but the score line reflected the class difference in the squads.

A lot of that comes back to our halfback. Obviously we conceded too many points but when your main playmaker continuously fucks up opportunities at the other end it sucks the air out of you

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep but it’s better than having a late season run like we did in 2018 and 2019 when the year is already done. Wins after you can’t make the semis mean fuck all and just paper over the cracks.

Look at the cowboys last year. I think they lost their last 8 or at least something like that. We actually had a decent attitude today but the score line reflected the class difference in the squads.

A lot of that comes back to our halfback. Obviously we conceded too many points but when your main playmaker continuously fucks up opportunities at the other end it sucks the air out of you
Well said