Official Team List Round 19 v Titans + Match Discussion

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
King is such a beast and is carrying our pack right now along with Vaughan. King is just getting through so much work when he's out on the field, really should be getting more minutes because the players that are just aren't good enough.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No I don't think he did. I've been carrying on about Burton's general play kicking for a while so don't get me started on it again haha. He has actually forced a fair few dropouts and has obviously put in a some nice kicks for JAC but right now he's very hit and hope rather than prioritising placement and landing the ball in the right areas.
Spot on.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need a 7 that can create on the right make us less predictable right now wakey is the one

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Weve seen some flash kick for JAC this year. Im not trying to sound harsh on Burto. My thoughts are strategic game management. Kicking for field postion. Some games we fight for field position. Today there were periods of the game where Titans went 2/3 the length of the field off sets. When they are starting from there 20-30 metre line they are hitting our red zone. Its not just today. Potter said half time last week he wanted to see kicks deeper into the corners. Anyways, no biggy. See what next week brings.
I think it is a biggie.

Been a problem all season, making things way tougher than they need to be.

Interesting Potter said that last week, because it was the same old same old yesterday.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We tried to bring him back a few years ago (when we tried to sign Koro and Ramien too) and he rejected us for Titans to play limited games and minutes, unlucko.
I thought he looked pretty frustrated at times angry even, might be ripe now to try again? We need a fucking Vaughan replacement!!

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It was good to be out in the sun with no opposition supporters, my kids were going off with every try.

Only bad thing was I kept getting dizzy jumping up for every try with all the meds I take lol
Good onya mate, I'm jealous.The roar was absolutely huge when we scored how many turned up I didn't see a crowd figure?

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Did the Titans get results from kicks or what ?

Four tries.

Three six agains.

Two seven tackle sets from our poor kicks.

Throw in Cummins with his usual handling of our games, and i think it was a very good win.

Thought our two starting props were very good.

The rule that gives the Titans seven tackles after Kiraz was tackled touch in goal is a JOKE.

How can the attacking team be penalised for that.

Been a bug bear of mine for years.
The original intention of the 7 tackle set was players deliberately kicking the ball dead to neutralise a great full back on kick return, particularly Slater. I agree with you that nearly scoring either by losing the ball over the line or having your body go touch in goal is total b/s.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We need a 7 that can create on the right make us less predictable right now wakey is the one
Wakeham is a hard no

Flanagan did his job yesterday, linked well and scrambled well too on D, effort plays

He threw a peach of a ball to Kiraz who one on one v the opposition halfback 10m out you back to score a try 9/10

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone watched the presser? Could not find it on nrl.com

Malla

Reaction score
Flanno was excellent.

JJ looks so much better playing on an edge these days. Doesn't have to do as much defensively, is out of the ball playing lock position and just back to playing his natural game.

MOVE.80

M-Power
Reaction score
Waddell referred straight to judiciary. Might be look at a decent stint on the sidelines.