CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He told me he prefers fullback.
His best position is centre imo, looks at his best getting early ball out on the edge. I personally prefer faster, more agile fullbacks.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's becoming a bit of a major issue though, teams are starting sets far too high upfield and I feel it's a big factor as to why we're conceding so many easy points. It's such an easy thing to fix for him though, just a worry that nothing has been done about it so far..
I think he made an adjustment early in the game and was mixing kicks up better. But as we got a big lead, he just went for height on his bombs instead of placement. Like you said, hopefully Potter or the next coach can address this with him to get more variation as he can do pretty much every kick. Just needs better decision making with what kick to do and at when..

daisy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Everyone keeps saying if Averillo was there things would have been different..

He would have backed up better in attack when we made breaks but defensively, do people forget that last week he stood there and watched Ilias score even though Averillo got to the ball first? Or how he let the ball bounce and stood there again for one of their last tries?

I like Averillo and he's doing well for a fullback that's had only a few games but he still has his flaws and does questionable things defensively where he doesn't put his body on the line enough..
Your exactly right what about his piss poor attempt on Mitchell when he scored as well

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They were all over us in that 2nd half and we still came away with the two points.

It was gutsy and they definitely exploited our incompetence under the high ball. I thought JuNK set the tone early in the 2nd half with a pushed pass leading to a knock on. Also Burton's short kicking game was a dud, however he was brilliant with setting up and making line breaks himself.

We had no control of that 2nd half what so ever. We are not at that ruthless level yet. We are scoring plenty of points with our revitalised attack which is pleasing.

Jebbundy

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Think if avo was in then there’s a few more try’s, he competes on more, nothing against Stacey but avo would have saved a few more and he’s great in the air for those bombs and positional play

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think he made an adjustment early in the game and was mixing kicks up better. But as we got a big lead, he just went for height on his bombs instead of placement. Like you said, hopefully Potter or the next coach can address this with him to get more variation as he can do pretty much every kick. Just needs better decision making with what kick to do and at when..
I just don't understand what's so difficult lol, surely looking to place the ball anywhere near that 10x10 area in the corner should be the go to play almost every kick.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I just don't understand what's so difficult lol, surely looking to place the ball anywhere near that 10x10 area in the corner should be the go to play almost every kick.
I think he and the coaches have gotten carried away with the Burton bombs as he had success early with forcing errors from them. Now teams are getting better at catching them as well as blocking chasers for them.. So they need to mix it up more because while they're expecting huge bombs, a chip into the corner might catch them unaware..

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kicking game was shit today
Lucky the fow was on song as we may have struggled to win today

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He puts so many dead though. I think he plays it safe

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
100% great move by Mick but fuck me it sucks that our big money forward has to be restrained to low minutes in case he does somehting silly and costly

We should be looking to move TPJ on and spending the cash on someone more dependable
You are looking at it the wrong way.

They used TPJ to antagonise Tina, and get him ready for a massive showdown.

Then we pulled TPJ and Tina was trying to go off but he wasn't there.

Clearly put the little bitch off his game.

The grub got mindfucked.

Besides, Waddell made her cry.

T-Rocket

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So proud of the way the team play now. They’ve turned it around massively. Still lots to work on especially in defence. Really enjoyable to watch