Official Team List Round 16 v Sharks + Match Discussion

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
With what we have he's the best to wear that no.7 jersey and he hasn't been great but he's been okay. And I don't think we will recruit a no.7 from outside the club next year. Who's available that will come really good? Without blowing the cap
He's only there because he can defend, that's it. Hopefully BBO steps up next season or Gus finds someone else. Point is Flanagan can't be playing next season, he's fucking terrible and we're going nowhere if he still is.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The conditions yesterday were tailor made for the best kicker in the NRL, but Nicho Hynes stood up instead.
Although Burton has a monster of a boot and a few nice attacking kicks his overall kick management is quite poor compared to top halves. Continually trying to just belt the shit out of the ball in terrible conditions wasn't working and only let the Sharks work the ball out of their end from good positions. Hynes on the other hand kicked us to death, kicked early and focused on placement and forced our backs to carry the ball out from difficult areas.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The conditions yesterday were tailor made for the best kicker in the NRL, but Nicho Hynes stood up instead.
Not really.

Balls are more slippery, and "heavier" in the wet.

Trying a torpedo kick in yesterdays conditions is nigh on impossible because the balls slippery as it is, and it relies on you effectively slicing the ball as you kick it, with the outside of out boot.

With wet shoes and a wet ball sliding all of the place, you lose the grip you need to deliver a truly horrifying torpedo kick.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Not really.

Trying a torpedo kick in yesterdays conditions is nigh on impossible because the balls slippery as it is, and it relies on you effectively slicing the ball as you kick it, with the outside of out boot.

With wet shoes and a wet ball sliding all of the place, you lose the grip you need to deliver a truly horrifying torpedo kick.
Yes which no why Burton should've looked for placement instead of trying to belt the shit out of the ball for 80 minutes.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Not really.

you dont slice the ball to kick a spiral, it is the angle you place the ball at, you do not kick off the outside foot. Balls these days do not get heavier also, leather balls did but not the new balls. Slippery yes, but they are so much better these days with the dimple patterns

Big Vibe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
you dont slice the ball to kick a spiral, it is the angle you place the ball at, you do not kick off the outside foot. Balls these days do not get heavier also, leather balls did but not the new balls. Slippery yes, but they are so much better these days with the dimple patterns
You don’t really slice it, but you do hit it on the outside of the boot laces. You’ve obviously never kicked too many.

And yes a much more difficult skill in this weekends weather conditions. Guys like Burton and Doeuhi had many attempts but didn’t hit any sweetly.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I didnt watch the game live, and had to watch the replay. Taking emotion out of it, i think we actually played very well. Especially considering the woeful conditions. That rain was horrendous!!
For all of you bagging many of our players, and having a mild tantrum, relax, we have a lon way to go, but are showing real promise!
I thought our energy and coordination in defense was fantastic. Has been for a few weeks now. We have improved massively in this department! If we had only have scored the 2 disallowed tries we tie the game. Thats a massive effort against a top side!
Well done i say.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You don’t really slice it, but you do hit it on the outside of the boot laces. You’ve obviously never kicked too many.

And yes a much more difficult skill in this weekends weather conditions. Guys like Burton and Doeuhi had many attempts but didn’t hit any sweetly.
Might be easier said than done but maybe they should of adapted their kicking game to the conditions...

Big Vibe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Might be easier said than done but maybe they should of adapted their kicking game to the conditions...
Possibly, but there was also the allure of how difficult conditions were for fullbacks to catch them. Can’t blame them for trying a few, especially when chasing points.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

no you dont mate, and yes i am a kicking coach.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Well, how are you instructing them to hit a torp?
im sure there are few ways mate, it is the angle you place the ball on the foot, and you hit it on the belly of the ball.

Big Vibe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
im sure there are few ways mate, it is the angle you place the ball on the foot, and you hit it on the belly of the ball.
Definitely is, and angle is a key element. Just still not sure where you’re instructing them to hit them on their boot if it’s not outside of the laces?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I kick them all the time but I don't know how I do them lol

The times I tried to figure out how I do them I fuck them up lol

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Definitely is, and angle is a key element. Just still not sure where you’re instructing them to hit them on their boot if it’s not outside of the laces?
i think we are talking the same thing here, it is a normal kick process except for the positioning of the ball on contact and the leverage you want, that way you get more higher accuracy. If you use the edge of the boot then there is higher chance of error.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I didnt watch the game live, and had to watch the replay. Taking emotion out of it, i think we actually played very well. Especially considering the woeful conditions. That rain was horrendous!!
For all of you bagging many of our players, and having a mild tantrum, relax, we have a lon way to go, but are showing real promise!
I thought our energy and coordination in defense was fantastic. Has been for a few weeks now. We have improved massively in this department! If we had only have scored the 2 disallowed tries we tie the game. Thats a massive effort against a top side!
Well done i say.
Why were they disallowed again??