Official Team List Round 16 v Sharks + Match Discussion

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
They shouldn't give a flying f@ck what the media say & do, it would have been good for Declan to get hooked, as it would be a learning curve for him. Hope he isn't shattered about his game today.
Bullshit,hooking him would have just undermined any shred of confidence he had left.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bullshit,hooking him would have just undermined any shred of confidence he had left.
Dosent matter needed to be done Lachlan illias had a shocker they crucified the coach for pulling him at half time it hurt at the end of the day it’s the coaches job on the line

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who is our new fitness guru? Saw an absolute beast working with the players on the sidelines running the boys through drills, looks like an ex player who could still put a dent In any defence line.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think Burton's kicking game let us down big time today, too busy trying to kick the shit out of the ball instead of looking for placement in these conditions. Hynes on the other hand kicked us to death and our backs were either getting smashed when they caught it or had to turn around and collect the ball. We had 36 kick return metres, Sharks had 170...
Sharks game plan was mint.. with the possession of the ball they still had the energy to finish on top at the end. They have something this year and could be smokeys...

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gus should have been in the coaches box this week like he was in the roosters game. For such an important game you would think he would have been in the box seat instead of Sandercock.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sharks game plan was mint.. with the possession of the ball they still had the energy to finish on top at the end. They have something this year and could be smokeys...
Yep they looked likely every time they were in good ball. They have a decent 7, good attacking structures and a decent coach.
The new coach will hopefully make a big difference in how we attack inside the opposition 20. We're still taking too many stupid settlers

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes but a winger can only have so much ball also I love schoup but he’s a bit of a hog and dosent have much of an offload.his defence though yes has been questionable last few game
Exactly that's been my criticism of Schoup (and RFM) - they're hogs and they don't seem to know how to (or like to) pass. I don't think Schoup is our long term centre. I think Alamoti will eventually take his place because the kid can at least pass the ball and set up his outisde man

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
View attachment 56054
Averillo .. with the Vision in scoring that try on half time @Mutt Dafty
Best player for us yesterday. I can't believe how much he has improved in the last month. He was OK in the 7 but absolute trash in the centres but at FB he looks like he's played there his whole career. Catching those bombs, under pressure, was very impressive. Next year he's going to be just as important for us as Mahoney and Burton are

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best player for us yesterday. I can't believe how much he has improved in the last month. He was OK in the 7 but absolute trash in the centres but at FB he looks like he's played there his whole career. Catching those bombs, under pressure, was very impressive. Next year he's going to be just as important for us as Mahoney and Burton are
Agree. Give Averillo a full pre season at fullback and let’s see how much he can further improve. He looks to have instinct that you cannot coach so I see further improvement in him

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
More impressive than him catching bombs and defusing kicks, is his positional play in defence.
It takes a long time to get it right as a FB but he’s been sensational so far.
He is confident Atm, and the screenshot of him calling for the kick when he scored is a good example.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Obviously...yet we had people on here praising him only last match haha.
With what we have he's the best to wear that no.7 jersey and he hasn't been great but he's been okay. And I don't think we will recruit a no.7 from outside the club next year. Who's available that will come really good? Without blowing the cap