Official Team List Round 15 v Tigers + Match Discussion

JAZZY92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If We settled earlier in the 1st half, we could of hit 50.
100%. We’re still learning how to build pressure. Last week against eels was a comprehensive win because our forwards dominated theirs. I feel like yesterday in the first half more so, we were full of confidence and trying to score on every play instead of earning the right to score in the middle first. Flano had 1 forced drop out, but then the very next set on the last puts a cross field kick in that was never on, instead of trickling the ball in the in goal and maintaining possession. If tigers didn’t make so many errors yesterday it would’ve been much closer as the possession count would’ve been much more even. But we can’t rely on other teams errors to give us the possession advantage. We need to build pressure to earn the right to score.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We without burton next week now aren’t we
Yes, but we also don't have a game next week so it evens out.

We next play on Sat 2nd July, against Sharks. Only way Burto doesn't play is if he gets injured in SOO. For SOO 3 we have a bye so no problem then either if Burts or anyone else (like JAC) gets selected.

hoody06

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I must say the atmosphere well and truly came through the tv screen yesterday, it was electric.

Keen to hear from those that were there, the boys would've lifted for sure being in an intimate stadium.

Also did i hear a slow Burton chant each time he lined up a conversion?

Up the dogs!

J_Cooper

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Would really loved to know what is actually going on with Thompson. That’s 2 games now we have killed it without him and barely noticed his absence. Would be handy to free up another 800K .

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We got a decent rub of the green yesterday but that still has to be a penalty.

The bunker is still a mystery. In the knights / raiders game yesterday a kick went through and Barnett went down to pick it up. Adam Elliott came through and whacked him with his shoulder in the jaw. They showed a replay and the independent doctor stepped in and said Barnett had to go for a HIA but the knights didnt even get a penalty. So the bloke who got whacked has to go off but the perpetrator stays on ??

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I got around to watching the replay.
Every player in the 17 is playing better since Potter has taken over.
Even Waddell, who I'm still not that happy with, is playing better. I almost fell of my chair seeing him making some offloads.
What is this?
It has to be more than a dead cat bounce with the change of coach.
We look like a completely different team the last two games.
Burton, TPJ, JAC, Averillo & Kiraz outstanding.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got around to watching the replay.
Every player in the 17 is playing better since Potter has taken over.
Even Waddell, who I'm still not that happy with, is playing better. I almost fell of my chair seeing him making some offloads.
What is this?
It has to be more than a dead cat bounce with the change of coach.
We look like a completely different team the last two games.
Burton, TPJ, JAC, Averillo & Kiraz outstanding.
Yep agreed

But I also thought we didn’t play great. We were about 60% performance level of the Parra game.

But that’s first world problems as a dogs supporter

Doggy71

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I must say the atmosphere well and truly came through the tv screen yesterday, it was electric.

Keen to hear from those that were there, the boys would've lifted for sure being in an intimate stadium.

Also did i hear a slow Burton chant each time he lined up a conversion?

Up the dogs!
I was there with my missus and one of my boys,we sat behind the posts just over from the kennel mate. The best atmosphere I've experienced in years,crowd were on song from the get go,drums were beating and yeah Burton was getting a chant when kicking,it really was electric. Gotta say I've never heard more noise ever than when brooks was taking that sideline conversion from right in front of the kennel,I reckon you could hear the booing in stratified. Was a great goal kick if I'm honest. Great to see our supporters so happy again.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, we should've gone 50+
I was actually a bit frustrated after a 24 point win. Been a good 7 years since I have said that. The opposition were putrid though. The week before when they played Manly was the worst game I have seen in a while.

And I watch us every week

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep agreed

But I also thought we didn’t play great. We were about 60% performance level of the Parra game.

But that’s first world problems as a dogs supporter
Not as good as the Parramatta game.
But I also thought it could and should of been 48 v 6.
Makes a big difference when you dominate possession in the 1st half.