Official Team List Round 15 v Tigers + Match Discussion

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Plus how long has it been since we won back to back? I think it happened towards the end of one of the Pay seasons when we were no chance of making the 8.

A big win can have strange effects on a team that is low on confidence. We really have no idea whether the performance this weekend will be more of what we saw on Monday, or something closer to what was dished up against the Raiders a week after our last win. Hope for the best, but expectations are not advised.
We need to be wary :grinning:

Tigers have an uncanny knack of bouncing back after a big loss...and we have trouble handling them if we let them get a roll on. They've beaten us 4 of the last 5 games.

But if we repeat last weeks efforts and compete every play, we should get the win. Question is will we? Or will we fall in a hole again and whimp out?

JAZZY92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think the biggest take away from last week is that TPJ need to be in the middle and needs to take the first hit up of the game as aggressive as he did on Monday. He rattled parra and if he can do the same to tigers (weaker pack) it’ll set the tone we need to win.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The referee will play a big part (so what else is new?). TPJ will no doubt come out breathing fire, and, if the referee lets him play, he will get us over.
Cross our fingers we get a fair go and the 50/50's.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We need to be wary :grinning:

Tigers have an uncanny knack of bouncing back after a big loss...and we have trouble handling them if we let them get a roll on. They've beaten us 4 of the last 5 games.

But if we repeat last weeks efforts and compete every play, we should get the win. Question is will we? Or will we fall in a hole again and whimp out?
Tigers are a club/team I expect us to always beat.

When we don't it's on us., they're a shambles of a club/team.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Tigers are a club/team I expect us to always beat.

When we don't it's on us., they're a shambles of a club/team.
On us alright. We should win against them but so often we don't show enough desire or execution. Hope last week is that turning point we all want to see.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need a fast start think getting in the grind after a slow start might sap the confidence a little but if Burton has turned the corner and JAC keeps demanding the ball from him. I think team starting to work out their role.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need a fast start think getting in the grind after a slow start might sap the confidence a little but if Burton has turned the corner and JAC keeps demanding the ball from him. I think team starting to work out their role.
exactly! Looking at their past 2 losses they kept themselves in the game right up to half-time and then the opponents have just blown them off the park in the second half. I think team disharmony especially with Leilua walking out and the new coach will work in our favour. Talks of Douehi playing lock is laughable- they need all the big boppers they can on the field because our forward pack will monster them.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking about Burton putting those long chips over for JAC and wondering how they know it's on. Well the only way is that they have a look or they both just see it's an option, because I doubt it would be possible to plan. I don't know how they do it, but it's clear that they are in sync now and will only get better and smarter, at how they can utilise JACs speed to help the team.

It's only the beginning folks, just wait until these two (and others) have had 30 games together!

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking about Burton putting those long chips over for JAC and wondering how they know it's on. Well the only way is that they have a look or they both just see it's an option, because I doubt it would be possible to plan. I don't know how they do it, but it's clear that they are in sync now and will only get better and smarter, at how they can utilise JACs speed to help the team.

It's only the beginning folks, just wait until these two (and others) have had 30 games together!
You can actually pinpoint when Burton looks over at JAC to say the play is on earlier in that set. JAC pretending he was gassed hugged the sideline until the kick for him.
61591769-20CA-4BA1-B0FF-866B1E35A351.jpeg

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You can actually pinpoint when Burton looks over at JAC to say the play is on earlier in that set. JAC pretending he was gassed hugged the sideline until the kick for him.
View attachment 54297
All I see is king @Flanagun telling Burton to take a back seat as he runs and directs the ship like the real captain that he is .. LOL

Dyms17

Waterboy
Reaction score
This is an important game. Haven’t won back to back games since 2019. People bag us our, in actually fact our attack and defence better then tigers. We should win. We need to back up Mondays performance.

You get the feeling we turned a corner on Monday. Attack has improved with Potter, the defence on Monday was all attitude. I’m confident of a win, not the blowout everyone expects, I’ll even take a 1 point win. Must win game for mine. Need to start beating these teams around us on the ladder.
I know it wasn't in the same season but we actually won 2 games in a row when winning the last round last year and round 1 this year.