Official Team List Round 15 v Tigers + Match Discussion

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doueihi back from injury.
Hopefully he has a slow start back and we run over top of him.
don’t worry he’s a serial ball hog as long as we contain him and he’s coming off knee recon doubt he will be 100%

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think everybody missed the main story...

The NRL has reacted strongly to the Bulldogs thrashing of the Parramatta Eels yesterday by appointing Ben Cummins as referee to their next game V Wests Tigers. Graham Annesley NRL head of Elite Football Competitions said "we made a BIG mistake last week & it won't be repeated this week. Ben will make sure the Bulldogs are put well & truly back in their place (last) where they belong."
WE WANT KLEIN. WE WANT KLEIN!! Nah but seriously, how good was not only playing well, but so good that we overcame a huge discrepancy in penalties? Klein wasn't necessarily good for us. I do prefer him in a way, as he's not a ref I can remember having problems with in the past. Our discipline still needs a lot of work, but the attack and defence was good the other day.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
WE WANT KLEIN. WE WANT KLEIN!! Nah but seriously, how good was not only playing well, but so good that we overcame a huge discrepancy in penalties? Klein wasn't necessarily good for us. I do prefer him in a way, as he's not a ref I can remember having problems with in the past. Our discipline still needs a lot of work, but the attack and defence was good the other day.
The bunker was pretty good for us, who was in it?

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Leilua was tanking hard if you didn't watch. Was more blatant than Wile e Coyote's feined attempts to murder Road Runner, with none of the enthusiasm.

Features in most of the tries in the highlights but it was outright obvious during the game

I didn't see the game, but did read that in a discussion about his immediate release. So even if he was still there he may not have been a threat, but really, if we play anywhere near as well as Monday, we should have no problem accounting for tigs. I don't rate them at all. They don't have many threats. Douehi is their biggest probably and it's his first game back in ages. Hastings is so overrated it's hilarious. He touches the ball a lot. Big deal, it's what you do with it that matters. I did see the highlights of their last game now that I think of it and one thing I remember is him clutching at Aloai (I think) with a pathetic attempt to stop him scoring.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope TPJ doesn't play too much on the edges where he is wasted. He is much better used in the middle like against Parra getting amongst their forwards with agression and using his offloads.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unpopular opinion but I think Waddel has been quite good this year. Makes a few errors from trying to hard but has improved alot this year IMO
Yeah he has. He is one of Baz's boys. Loved him at Manly and brought him over to us. But this season he has actually been better than his standard plodder level. He's had some very good performances with a few average ones. He deserves to be in the 17.

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The difference was that the penalties were legitimate. Not 4th tackle restarts when the opposition needs a hand. It’s the timing of the penalties and restarts that Cummins and sutton screw us with. They time them when it has the most impact. Not to mention completely unfair sun bins.

When they are legitimate penalties you can fix what you did wrong not spend the rest of the game wondering what the 6 agains were actually for.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last time we expected to win was against a clown raiders side with Elliot at hooker and look what happened lol.. we have yet to show consistency, hope we can show it this week
Yeah but that was when we still had supercoach Trent. We scored a measly 4 and 6 vs. Canberra and Newcastle! Just incomprehensible tbh. Potter, with only a few days to do anything, was in the job for the Tigers match, where we lost but scored some points (22). With several weeks now getting to know the players etc. I will be disappointed in anything but a win over them, this time around.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he was a cancer in the joint, they had to let him go. They can use that money to upgrade some contracts.
Probably so, but it puts how Brisbane dealt with the Haas issue in perspective. Few clubs show the staunch act works. Hell, it may not in the long run, but they nipped his request for a renegotiation in the bud quickly and it seems to have blown over. He's not playing though, so he can't tank.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The difference was that the penalties were legitimate. Not 4th tackle restarts when the opposition needs a hand. It’s the timing of the penalties and restarts that Cummins and sutton screw us with. They time them when it has the most impact. Not to mention completely unfair sun bins.

When they are legitimate penalties you can fix what you did wrong not spend the rest of the game wondering what the 6 agains were actually for.
Potter did say a few weeks back that we need more game awareness in terms of our discipline. Penalties and set restarts late in the count he mentioned specifically.

Hopefully the penny has finally dropped with the main offenders (Jacko and JMK)

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

It helped that most of the pens. we conceded were down their end. I mean, that should be worse, because you're giving them easy metres towards your try line, but they didn't take advantage luckily.

Malla

Reaction score
TPJ at lock because the bitch doesn't wanna play front row....again

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If I didn't know better, Potter addressed our attack in his first month and now is focusing on defence, as shown against the pretenders. This week will prove if this is the case.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Cummins is ref mate. I wouldn't hold our breaths. I'm more worried about him then these clowns.
Can't be worse than the Klein **** and his 11-4 penalty count, can he?
As much as I don't rate Cummins all that highly, the fact is our first two wins this season were when he was reffing us. He has reffed us 5 times out of our 14 games so far this season, so this will be the 6th time. The 3 games he reffed us when we lost were touch and go as to his performance, we lost by 1 point to Manly but that was more due to our inability to close out the game compared with DCE's calmness. We sucked against Raiders, and the Saints game was also disappointing.

I'm happy to let it ride and see what happens. If we have another big win it is unlikely any of us are going to waste too much time talking about the ref. I don't think he is in the same class as GSutton, that bloke hates us to a level unlike any other ref, his binning of JMK was embarrassing, and his neglect of Patolo and Jacko after an obvious and serious head clash on our line was disgraceful. I think these days Cummins is over his head as an NRL ref, but we've had some success with him on the whistle, so let's see how it goes.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I'm with ya bro.

Might sound harsh but it's the truth.

I'm not calling us premiers, but that smashing wasn't a fluke.
We usually get a win like that once a year. Usually towards the back end but. Like 38-0 against tigers then the year before 30-14 on the Bronx then that 2019 game where we smashed dragqueens 38-0.
Good to see it when our seasons not fully over yet though. Hopefully get a few more of them performances

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We usually get a win like that once a year. Usually towards the back end but. Like 38-0 against tigers then the year before 30-14 on the Bronx then that 2019 game where we smashed dragqueens 38-0.
Good to see it when our seasons not fully over yet though. Hopefully get a few more of them performances
Way I see it, now everyone knows what they can do, we want to see that every week.

More importantly, the boys know what they can do, massive confidence boost. Parra didn't have an off day, we FORCED them to play shit.

They knew all Parra had was line balls (more forward than line), inside passes and spreading it wide because they couldn't go through our middle. We shut them down.

They put the origin forwards on show.

Last edited: