Official Team List Round 15 v Tigers + Match Discussion

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love the changes. Don't love Patolo getting another knock. Edit: Forgot we played yesterday lol. So the listed team is probably not to be taken much notice of. They always named the same team (unless injury affected it) the Tuesday after teams played monday night footy.

RFM starting is good, as is Pangai to lock. Waddell has been decent though, so a bit hard done by. Likewise Topine. Don't know what he has to do to get a run, but I guess Gus and Mick don't think he's doing enough to deserve it. Baz didn't either obviously.

Last edited:

Dapper Dog

Deitz-ciple
Reaction score
Allen is safe too. Much better than Okunbor
He is safer than Okunbor, that's for sure, but since he lacks the pace to be a top winger, he is only a Band-Aid solution over our gaping right-wing problem. I'd rather us trial some debutants and see if we have any long-term prospects in our system.
c_allen.gif
Seeing this happen on the weekend killed me. We had Parra on the ropes and should have capitalised on this play. Yet whilst every other club seemingly has wingers who will back themselves and go for something like an insane corner post dive, we have historically had very slow wingers who lack that level of athleticism, and will opt to cut back in every time. Jonathan Wright... Mitch Brown... Sam Perrett... Holland... Montoya... Okunbor... Allen... Burns... surely we strike gold soon :tearsofjoy:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Whaaaaat? He's one of their few weapons lol.

We better smash those pussies! And beat the Tigers too!
He's been pretty quiet/disinterested this year. He started alright, a few games, quiet as after that.

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon this weeks clash v Tigers is the most important of the year so far. They have to beat the Tigers and go back to back. They then face Sharks Storm and Souths.
They should win 13 plus
Storm ?

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Stimson is a bigger body and offers just a bit more than the waddle imo. Would drop waddle and replace him with Topine. Apart from that, best line up we can field at this stage.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anything less than a 20 point drubbing is a failure IMO. Based on the way we played last night even the Sharks game is a 50-50. But we should be easily beating the Knights, Warriors, Titans, etc and finishing well away from the spoon

Yes we beat the Rorters a few weeks ago but that was different. Our attack was still shithouse. It feels like we've finally turned a corner. Last night Parra were crap but that was partly due to the way we played (this is what usually happens to us - we play crap becuase the opisition force us into it)

Flanno in the 7 jersey is still a joke so we're still bogged down by having too many plodders in the side but hopefully Burton, JAC and Avo can get us through
You might want to put yesterday's game into context. We scored 3 or 4 tries from kicks and 2 from intercepts.

With Burton's kicking game, we most certainly deserved around 2 tries from kicks. In fact it should be our MO for every game.

But we only really scored 2 trys from good lead-up passing which were the try from Kiraz and the last try from Averillo.

We need to create more chances with ball in hand because scoring trys from kicks is not always dependable.

Take nothing away from the win. It was a great performance all round. But we should keep it in perspective otherwise we might be disappointed if these kicks don't bring points next game

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s a concussion apparently
Luke Thompson

• Projected Return: Indefinite
  • Injury: Concussion
English International Luke Thompson was ruled out with delayed symptoms of concussion heading into our Round 13 match against the Penrith Panthers. The forward will be assessed throughout the week before he is given clearance to make his return to the field.
If he has an on going problem with concussion, the club should look at the possibility of retireing him, (the rotters would be able to do it) he then gets full payout from insurance, and can go back to the UK, and some time later make a full recovery and play in the SL with very few questions asked,

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stimson is a bigger body and offers just a bit more than the waddle imo. Would drop waddle and replace him with Topine. Apart from that, best line up we can field at this stage.
No way man. At least Wads runs hard and he does a lot of work.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is safer than Okunbor, that's for sure, but since he lacks the pace to be a top winger, he is only a Band-Aid solution over our gaping right-wing problem. I'd rather us trial some debutants and see if we have any long-term prospects in our system.
View attachment 53972
Seeing this happen on the weekend killed me. We had Parra on the ropes and should have capitalised on this play. Yet whilst every other club seemingly has wingers who will back themselves and go for something like an insane corner post dive, we have historically had very slow wingers who lack that level of athleticism, and will opt to cut back in every time. Jonathan Wright... Mitch Brown... Sam Perrett... Holland... Montoya... Okunbor... Allen... Burns... surely we strike gold soon :tearsofjoy:
This is why JAC is so valuable to the team. He’s a true finisher, something we have severely lacked for a long time

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think everybody missed the main story...

The NRL has reacted strongly to the Bulldogs thrashing of the Parramatta Eels yesterday by appointing Ben Cummins as referee to their next game V Wests Tigers. Graham Annesley NRL head of Elite Football Competitions said "we made a BIG mistake last week & it won't be repeated this week. Ben will make sure the Bulldogs are put well & truly back in their place (last) where they belong."

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I reckon Thompson may have played his last game for us..
Tigers let Leilua go,when they said no chance of being released for rest of 2022..
Thompson suddenly not available for a few games..
I think Tigers will lock him in now Leilua has been released.
If so…halfback cash just became available
Thompson will probably be named in their team on the bench like Naden was! Explains them only having 2 forwards named ??

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tanner is not in NSW Cup squad which would mean he’s the 18th man or could come into the FG team later in the week I think