Official Team List Round 14 v Eels + Match Discussion

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just pick my own safer alternative match points (generally always overs).
Dogs v Eels total match points for both teams has to be over 33 etc.
You watch the Dogs screw you in other ways by only conceding 30 and scoring donuts

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've decided that I will watch the game, but turn it off before half time when Parramatta gets to 20-0.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Late Mail: Jake Averillo has been named in the No.1 jersey after playing fullback last week, with Corey Allan named at centre after being a late inclusion last week.

Ava Seumanufagai was ruled out on Sunday with a calf strain, meaning Chris Patolo will start in the forwards, while late inclusion Tevita Pangai Jr is set to come off the bench after beating a back injury. Luke Thompson was a late scratching last week (concussion) and remains sidelined.

Doggystyle99

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Guys and girls I’m going to my first game since covid and I’m genuinely shitting bricks… I can handle our uselessness on the tv but I’m scared that seeing it in person will turn me off for good.

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Guys and girls I’m going to my first game since covid and I’m genuinely shitting bricks… I can handle our uselessness on the tv but I’m scared that seeing it in person will turn me off for good.
Enjoy mate, I watched us at magic round give ya the tip its no easier but at least your surrounded by other supporters doing it just as tough. Beer also helps :relieved:

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I said this way back last year. Unless we have a forward pack that goes forward we are screwed. How can our backs/Halves do their shit if we have no go forward. If we aren't big enough, we need bigger blokes (with hearts). We will continue to struggle until we dominate the middle. It's not rocket science, just fix it FFS.
It’s not about go forward, it’s about HOW they go forward. A lot of our players make meters but there is no momentum created because the team as a whole are stupid. We are a bunch of individuals with no clear direction or leadership on the field. We don’t hunt as a pack or work together in both defense and attack. One of our forwards will make a great run for 10-12 meters but then stands in the tackle trying to offload the JMK who is not ready for the offload and we end up going backwards. We don’t know what the purpose of each set is, we don’t aim to play the game in the opposition half, we don’t know where we want our set to end. There’s no clear plan or tactic, we don’t put the other team under pressure, we’re not patient enough, we’re not smart enough, we got no idea how to play set for set until the other team makes an error. We are clueless.
Parra to rip us a new one this afternoon, wouldn’t be surprised if they put 40 or 50 on us. All these basic things a first grade team should be able to do is too late to coach it now. I just wonder what Barrett was doing with the team all off season.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
A great defensive effort by boths sides for the 80 see the match of the round Dogs 18-16.
What was the mindset for the Roosters match?
In the boots of past legends.
Trying to enjoy game day.
Self challenge.

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
A great defensive effort by boths sides for the 80 see the match of the round Dogs 18-16.
What was the mindset for the Roosters match?
In the boots of past legends.
Trying to enjoy game day.
Self challenge.
I think you are dreaming... in that dream was Allan dropped and replaced by Lumelume (moving to the Wing and Kiraz into Centre?) and Fat Stimson dropped and replaced by Morrin... maybe then your dream could have come true?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It’s not about go forward, it’s about HOW they go forward. A lot of our players make meters but there is no momentum created because the team as a whole are stupid. We are a bunch of individuals with no clear direction or leadership on the field. We don’t hunt as a pack or work together in both defense and attack. One of our forwards will make a great run for 10-12 meters but then stands in the tackle trying to offload the JMK who is not ready for the offload and we end up going backwards. We don’t know what the purpose of each set is, we don’t aim to play the game in the opposition half, we don’t know where we want our set to end. There’s no clear plan or tactic, we don’t put the other team under pressure, we’re not patient enough, we’re not smart enough, we got no idea how to play set for set until the other team makes an error. We are clueless.
Parra to rip us a new one this afternoon, wouldn’t be surprised if they put 40 or 50 on us. All these basic things a first grade team should be able to do is too late to coach it now. I just wonder what Barrett was doing with the team all off season.
100% this is issue, the team just doesn't function effectively as a unit and until we do we're just going to be consistently anchored to the bottom of the ladder. I'm convinced we could take a handful of players from Penrith and swap them with ours and the impact it would have on both sides would be minimal.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m 7/7 with my tipping this week but can’t bring myself to tip against the dogs.

Another perfect round goes begging!
My son is sitting on 7 from seven and tipped the Eels. It's the reason he won the comp 2 years ago.

His motto is - if we win "I win" if we lose "I still win".

He's much smarter than his old man at the ripe old age of ten, I can't bring myself to tip against us.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is why i don't join tipping comps.
Yep I am the same. Take dogs every week and they ruin my round today.

I do the tips for my 5 year old son though and he will be picking the round this week.