Team List Round 13 v Panthers + Match Discussion

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The club cannot get the 1 percenters right off the field. Ava s named in first grade and reserve grade. Flegg side missing names.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I think once you name the squad on Tuesday you can only play those named come game time unless you get an exemption. I could be wrong though:tearsofjoy:
What if one of the extended players is "unfit" to play ;)

Dubbo Dog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Wests Tigers beat them last year in a similar set of circumstances. I remember the fans carrying on like they'd won the GF.
There's a huge amount of talent missing this week. We can win this.

turveys asthma puffer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
3 try assists, 1 line break. Made more metres than anyone other than Thompson. If he'd not made 3 errors...
Can’t believe he got a point in Dally M’s?? How many bombs did he not attempt to take?Turned the game into a shitshow when Hunt worked out 5 up for a bomb is all they need to do to get posession on our 20m line.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wests Tigers beat them last year in a similar set of circumstances. I remember the fans carrying on like they'd won the GF.
There's a huge amount of talent missing this week. We can win this.
Was Api out that game ?

He will win it by himself. Short passes to big forwards close to our line

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure how many heard the post match interview from Potter last week but when asked about Dufty he, diplomatically said, I'd have go back and watch the game again and see where I can help him in any way.

Surely he was watching the game and as a former FB for the club he wouldn't have been impressed with what he saw but as the coach he needs to be shrewd in how he responds such questions as that will put the players right off. Thankfully Dufty won't be here next year, hopefully sooner.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As for TPJ, I'm not to concerned about his absence this week. He may well be a late inclusion if he improves and there is someone with an "injury" later in the week.

If not they're probably hoping to have him 100% and fresh for our home game next week against the Eels at Accor on Monday week.

Hopefully a few of their Origin players don't back up next week and TPJ is let off the leash against the slimy Eels who are hot and cold from week to week and are far harder to beat at CommBank than anywhere else.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know it’s not a popular opinion but both the team as a hole and burton played better with averillo at 7

I understand he isn’t a half but he is the best “suited” half at the club
At the very least he has a running game and threatens the line, 50% of his kicks are plausible whereas flanacrap’s kicks all suck

burton has gone to mud with flanakhara at 7

1. dufty or toaia once fit
2. Kiraz
3. Alomoti
4. Schoupp
5. Fox
6. Burton
7. Averillo

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I know it’s not a popular opinion but both the team as a hole and burton played better with averillo at 7

I understand he isn’t a half but he is the best “suited” half at the club
At the very least he has a running game and threatens the line, 50% of his kicks are plausible whereas flanacrap’s kicks all suck

burton has gone to mud with flanakhara at 7

1. dufty or toaia once fit
2. Kiraz
3. Alomoti
4. Schoupp
5. Fox
6. Burton
7. Averillo
True intellectuals already know this, still convinced to this day that if we actually stuck with that halves combo the team and some individuals would be better for it right now. Also need to scrap the system and let the halves play to each other instead of just having Burton chilling out on the left the entire set. Don't think I've ever seen Burton jump in at first or second receiver and play to his halves partner.

Dogs Life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well I'd like to see Topine in for Waddell and BBO in for Flanagan but it isn't going to happen... I don't really have much confidence going into any game with Dufty (honestly need to go with anyone else over him), JMK (similar to Dufty), Flanagan and Waddell in the team...

From what I heard TPJ was close to playing last week and now he's not even named?
Corey Allen is in for Dufty

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We’ll lose by 18 but we’ll put on 4 tries